5 bedroom barn for saleMattishall Road, East Tuddenham, Norfolk
Sold STC £800,000
Old Hall Barn is a stunning 5 bedroom Grade II listed barn conversion with large gardens and grounds including a wild pond standing in approximately 4.5 acres in this idyllic rural location, which was previously part of the estate.
- Large vaulted reception hall
- Sitting room
- Dining room
- Kitchen/breakfast room
- Utility room
- Play room
- Home office
- 5 Bedrooms
- En suite bathrooms to master and ground floor bedrooms
- Family bathroom
- Double Garage
- Patio courtyard
Driving Distances (approx.)
- Norwich 10 miles
- Dereham 10 miles
- Wymondham 9 miles
- A47 1 mile
Located in rural East Tuddenham, Old Hall Barn is only a short drive from the A47, with easy access to Norwich and Dereham. The village itself includes a village hall, offering well-supported activities, a tennis court and a football pitch. Its pretty location also makes it popular with walkers all year round and for golfers, there are a number of good courses nearby. Proximity to Norwich means The University Hospital and Norwich Airport are just a 15 and 20 minute drive respectively. For those with young families, East Tuddenham is close to a number of well-reputed schools.
Old Hall Barn is a stunning converted barn offering over 5000sq ft. of beautiful living accommodation set in approximately 4.5 acres of gardens and grounds. The main house is accessed through a vaulted and galleried entrance hall (with mezzanine floor) with floor to ceiling windows and doors to both the front and internal courtyard creating a fabulous light entertaining space. Whilst the barn has been converted to an exceptionally high standard throughout, many of the beams and original features are still in place.
The ground floor comprises a large sitting room (26'8 x 20'4) with brick fireplace and wood burner whilst the galleried reception hall opens into a dining area which in turn leads into the stunning fitted kitchen/breakfast room. To the front of there is a study as well as a bedroom with family/en suite shower room. A hallway leads off the kitchen down the west wing with the utility room, W.C. and boiler room which then enters the fabulous play room (46'7 x 14'5) with direct access to the courtyard. A home office is found at the end of the play room adjoining the double garage.
With the vaulted entrance hall in the middle of the barn, the first floor is divided into 2 sections, with a north and south side of the barn each accessed via a separate staircase. The south side houses the master bedroom (19'4 x 13'5) with en suite bathroom and shower cubicle along with a dressing room/study area creating a wonderful master suite. 2 bedrooms and a family bathroom are found in the north side. A further staircase leads up from the north side to an additional bedroom.
Whilst the rear section of the barn is currently used as a home office/play room it would easily lend itself to being converted into additional living space to create either overflow accommodation to the main barn or a self-contained unit.
The barn is approached over a long gravel driveway which provides access to the three properties. A large parking area with ample off road parking is located to south of the barn along with the double garage.
The property is framed with a traditional lawned garden whilst a large courtyard is set in the middle of the barn creating a wonderful yet private entertaining space that flows seamlessly from the entrance hall.
Old Hall Barn also owns a large section of land opposite the barn, which is partly kept down to grass complete with tree and tree house and partly paddock with post and rail.
A beautiful and rare find is the private pond across the land complete with jetty creating your own wildlife environment.
In all the land measures approximately 4.5 acres.
Directions NR20 3ND
From Norwich, head west on the A47 passing Easton and at the 2nd roundabout, take the first exit (Norwich Road, then Mattishall Road) signposted East Tuddenham. After just over 1 mile, the driveway to the property will be found on your left hand side, indicated by a name plate. Old Hall Barn will be the first property on the right as you approach after taking the left fork.
Breckland District Council
Mains water, electricity and drainage, oil fired central heating
Fixtures and Fittings
Items regarded as fixtures and fittings including carpets, curtains, light fittings, kitchen appliances and garden ornaments are excluded although these items may be available by separate negotiation.
Strictly by prior appointment with sole agents Jackson-Stops & Staff. If there is any point which is of particular importance to you, we invite you to discuss this with us, especially before you travel to view the property.
1. These particulars have been prepared in good faith as a general guide, they are not exhaustive and include information provided to us by other parties including the seller, not all of which will have been verified by us.
2. We have not carried out a detailed or structural survey; we have not tested any services, appliances or fittings. Measurements, floor plans, orientation and distances are given as approximate only and should not be relied on.
3. The photographs are not necessarily comprehensive or current, aspects may have changed since the photographs were taken. No assumption should be made that any contents are included in the sale.
4. We have not checked that the property has all necessary planning, building regulation approval, statutory or regulatory permissions or consents. Any reference to any alterations or use of any part of the property does not mean that necessary planning, building regulations, or other consent has been obtained.
5. Prospective purchasers should satisfy themselves by inspection, searches, enquiries, surveys, and professional advice about all relevant aspects of the property.
6. These particulars do not form part of any offer or contract and must not be relied upon as statements or representations of fact; we have no authority to make or give any representation or warranties in relation to the property. If these are required, you should include their terms in any contract between you and the seller.
Map & Street View
Street View is unavailable in this location
Disclaimer - Property reference NOR130161. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Jackson-Stops, Norwich. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
* This is the maximum possible speed. Broadband speed may be lower at peak times and can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed you receive where you live may be lower than that listed above. Fibre/cable services at your postcode are subject to availability. You can confirm availability on the provider's website. The information is provided and maintained by comparethemarket.com
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.