4 bedroom detached house for saleRoyal Chase, Tunbridge Wells, Kent, TN4
Sold STC £895,000
- individual house in a convenient location
- 4 bedrooms
- 3 reception rooms
- Southwest-facing rear garden
- about 1,749 sq ft
- 2 balconies
- side garden with terrace
- integral garage and off-street parking
- EPC Rating = E
An individual 4 bedroom house, well placed for schools, including Kent grammars, and town amenities
Tunbridge Wells is the only spa town in the Southeast of Engla nd, with elegant architecture and a variety of cultural, entertainment and shopping attractions, including the Chalybeate Spring, two theatres, cafés and restaurants and a mixture of national multiple retailers and independent shops.
Royal Chase is located on the popular West side of town, in close proximity to the Common, and the local amenities on offer, from restaurants and bars to cobblers and general stores, on nearby Mount Ephraim. The main shopping centre lies under a quarter of a mile away and the High Street and mainline stations are within 0.7 miles.
State and private schools: The Skinners' School (about 0.6 miles), Tunbridge Wells Girls' Grammar (about 0.8 miles) and Bennett Memorial Diocesan (about 0.7 miles), Tunbridge Wells Boys' Grammar and St Gregory's (about 1.2 and 1.5 miles respectively), Rose Hill preparatory school and Bishops Down Primary School (both within a mile).
Mainline rail: Tunbridge Wells (about 0.7 miles), with fast and frequent services to London Charing Cross (via London Bridge and Waterloo East) and Cannon Street with journey times from 50 minutes.
Communications: The A26 joins the A21 just North of the town, linking through to the M25 (junction 5) London orbital motorway and thereby to the national motorway network, and to the south coast. Gatwick Airport is about 24 miles to the West, accessible via the motorway or the A264.
- entrance porch
- entrance hall
- drawing room
- dining room
- sitting room
- walk-in larder/utility area
- galleried landing
- master bedroom with dressing area
- 3 further bedrooms
- 2 balconies
- family bathroom
- integral double garage
- off-street parking
- Southwest-facing rear garden and side garden
- EPC = E
4 Royal Chase was designed and constructed in the mid-1970s by the current owner to provide a bespoke family home. Reclaimed period features, including timber-framed sash windows and panelled wood internal doors, lend character to the well-proportioned rooms which offer a flexible ground floor layout well-suited to modern family life. The property now offers an opportunity to enhance the accommodation to suit individual requirements. Further points of note include:
- double doors from the entrance hall into a triple-aspect drawing room with an outlook to the front and the side and rear gardens, a striking cast iron period fireplace with a deep mantel and a brick back, sides and hearth. Library area with fitted bookshelves;
- dining room, partly open plan to the kitchen, with tall sash windows giving a lovely outlook to the rear garden;
- fitted kitchen with a half-glazed door opening out to the side garden terrace and a window overlooking the rear garden. Double doors to a walk-in larder/utility room with space and plumbing for laundry appliances;
- light-filled sitting room, accessed via glazed double doors from the dining room, with two tall sash windows and a French door to the rear garden and a decorative cast iron period fireplace;
- master bedroom with an outlook over the garden, a dressing area with wash basin, fitted wardrobes and potential to create en suite facilities, subject to any necessary consents. French doors out to covered balcony with a view over the rear garden;
- three further bedrooms, one with a shower and wash basin and access to the rear covered balcony and one with access to a balcony overlooking the side garden, and a family bathroom complete the accommodation.
The property is approached from the road over a driveway providing off-street parking. The side garden can be accessed directly from the driveway and is mainly laid to lawn with mature shrubs to its boundaries. It spans across the western elevation of the house, passing a terrace which is accessed from the kitchen and benefits from a good level of privacy, providing a charming spot for outdoor dining in the warmer months.
The Southwest-facing rear garden is of a good size for a town property, its aspect ensuring that it is in full sun for much of the summer day, and comprises a level area of lawn bordered to the South and West by mature evergreen shrubs and trees
Services: Mains gas-fired central heating. Mains water, electricity and drainage.
Outgoings: Tunbridge Wells Borough Council: 01892 526121. Tax band G.
Strictly by appointment with Savills on 01892 507000. If there is any point which is of particular importance to you, we invite you to discuss this with us, especially before you travel to view the property.
Savills, their clients and any joint agents give notice that:
1. They have no authority to make or give any representations or warranties in relation to the property. These particulars do not form part of any offer or contract and must not be relied upon as statements or representations of fact.
2. Any areas, measurements or distances are approximate. The text, photographs and plans are for guidance only and are not necessarily comprehensive. It should not be assumed that the property has all necessary planning, building regulation or other consents and Savills have not tested any services, equipment or facilities. Purchasers must satisfy themselves by inspection or otherwise.
Square Footage: 1,749 sq ft
Acreage: 0.18 Acres
From central Tunbridge Wells, head West on the A264, Church Road, carrying straight on at the traffic lights on the Common. Take the first turning on the right, Castle Road, turning right again at the top onto Mount Ephraim. Take the third turning left into Royal Chase and number 4 will be found after about 120 yards on the left-hand side.
More information from this agent
To view this media, please visit the on-line version of this page at www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-60775667.html
Energy Performance Certificate (EPC) graphs
Map & Street View
Street View is unavailable in this location
Disclaimer - Property reference TUS160203. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Savills, Tunbridge Wells. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.