4 bedroom bungalow for saleDornden Drive, Langton Green, Tunbridge Wells, Kent, TN3
- substantial chalet bungalow
- delightful mature garden
- 4 bedrooms
- 3 reception rooms
- 1,928 sq ft
- integral garage/utility
- driveway parking
- about 0.25 acres
- EPC Rating = D
An attractive and substantial chalet bungalow with annexe potential, set in a delightful garden in this popular residential location
Dornden Drive is conveniently located between the villages of Lan gton Green and Rusthall, on the western outskirts of Tunbridge Wells, with its excellent selection of shopping and recreational facilities. Langton Green offers local amenities including a public house, butcher, bakery, restaurant, convenience store and petrol station.
Mainline rail: Tunbridge Wells (about 2.1 miles) has services to London Cannon Street and London Charing Cross (via London Bridge and Waterloo East) with journey times from 50 minutes.
Bus services: A number of bus routes pass between Langton Green and Tunbridge Wells and there is a bus stop at the end of Dornden Drive.
Private and state schools: Many highly-regarded schools in the area, including Langton Green Primary and Holmewood House preparatory in the village. Kent grammar schools in Tunbridge Wells and Tonbridge and public schools in Sevenoaks, Tonbridge and Eastbourne.
Communications: The A21 can be accessed from Tunbridge Wells, linking to the M25 and thereby to other motorway networks, Gatwick and Heathrow airports and the coast.
- entrance porch
- entrance hall
- sitting room
- dining room
- 3 ground floor bedrooms, including annexe, one en suite
- annexe with sitting room and independent access
- first floor bedroom
- enclosed rear garden
- garden shed
- integral garage with utility area
- about 0.25 acres
- EPC = D
6 Dornden Drive is set well back from the road on a generous plot in this favoured residential location. The accommodation is well proportioned, benefitting from high ceilings to the ground floor and picture windows giving a lovely outlook over the well-stocked, mature rear garden. Further points of note include:
- sitting room with a very large picture window and a half-glazed door opening out to the rear garden terrace and a marble effect fireplace with "Art Nouveau"-style slips and basket and a slate hearth;
- door from the sitting room through to an annexe comprising a sitting room with its own access to the garden terrace, a bedroom with fitted cupboards, a cloakroom (formerly a bathroom) and an independent door out to the front;
- fitted kitchen with an outlook to the front and a door out to the side lobby, giving access to the garage and to the driveway;
- integral garage featuring a utility area to the rear with fitted cupboards, a sink, space and plumbing for laundry appliances and a door out to the garden;
- two ground floor double bedrooms, one with an en suite shower room and both with extensive fitted cupboards;
- landing, suitable for use as a study area, and a double bedroom on the first floor, both with Velux windows to the rear.
6 Dornden Drive is well-placed within a garden of about a quarter of an acre, being well set back from the road, with an in-and-out driveway to the front offering parking for several cars and fringed by areas of lawn and mature border beds.
Enclosed by brick walls and close-boarded fencing, the rear garden benefits from a good level of privacy and is sheltered to the North and East by mature trees. A good-sized level area of lawn lies at the heart of the garden and is bounded by a path, with well-stocked mixed beds, planted for seasonal colour and texture, to the boundaries. A paved terrace spans across the back of the house offering a delightful area for outdoor living and entertaining in the warmer months. A second, smaller terrace towards the southeast corner of the garden offers an alternative seating area.
Services: Mains gas-fired central heating. Mains water, electricity and drainage.
Outgoings: Tunbridge Wells Borough Council: 01892 526121. Tax band G.
Strictly by appointment with Savills on 01892 507000. If there is any point which is of particular importance to you, we invite you to discuss this with us, especially before you travel to view the property.
Savills, their clients and any joint agents give notice that:
1. They are not authorised to make or give any representations or warranties in relation to the property either here or elsewhere, either on their own behalf or on behalf of their client or otherwise. They assume no responsibility for any statement that may be made in these particulars. These particulars do not form part of any offer or contract and must not be relied upon as statements or representations of fact.
2. Any areas, measurements or distances are approximate. The text, images and plans are for guidance only and are not necessarily comprehensive. It should not be assumed that the property has all necessary planning, building regulation or other consents and Savills have not tested any services, equipment or facilities. Purchasers must satisfy themselves by inspection or otherwise.
Square Footage: 1,928 sq ft
Acreage: 0.25 Acres
From Tunbridge Wells, take the A264 West out of town towards East Grinstead. Having passed Rusthall Common and Tea Garden Lane on the left-hand side, Dornden Drive is the next turning on the right. Number 6 will be found after a short distance on the right-hand side.
More information from this agent
To view this media, please visit the on-line version of this page at www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-60802217.html
Energy Performance Certificate (EPC) graphs
Map & Street View
Street View is unavailable in this location
Disclaimer - Property reference TUS140007. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Savills, Tunbridge Wells. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.