3 bedroom detached house for saleBridge Street, Carbrooke, Thetford, Norfolk
Sold STC £315,000
A charming 3 bedroom detached period cottage built in 1850, with many original features and having garage and large beautifully landscaped garden.
- Sitting room
- Dining room
- Office space/Pantry
- Cloakroom/Shower room
- 3 bedrooms
- Family bathroom
- Single garage with workshop area
- Off road parking
- Enclosed courtyard
- Large mature garden
Driving Distances (approx.)
- Norwich: 21 miles
- Watton: 2 miles
- Hingham 6 miles
- Attleborough 8 miles
Gable End stands in the centre of the small village of Carbrooke which has a beautiful 15th century church, primary school and Millennium Green. The market town of Watton has a good selection of shops, supermarket and secondary school whilst the nearby Georgian village of Hingham also offers a selection of shops. The Cathedral City of Norwich is the regional business centre and as well as having 2 universities and a teaching hospital, is renowned for its selection of schools, shopping and cultural facilities.
There are railway stations at both Attleborough and Thetford with intercity trains via Cambridge to London-King's Cross. The nearby Thetford Forest and the Brecks offer excellent walking and the North Norfolk coast with its renowned beaches and bird reserves is within easy reach as too are the Norfolk Broads.
Gable End Cottage is a charming detached cottage situated in the centre of the village of Carbrooke. The property is well maintained and has many original features, including inglenook fireplace, exposed beams and unusually shaped windows. It is rendered outside and has been painted a wonderful shade of yellow. The house benefits from wooden double glazed windows throughout and has latch and brace wooden doors. There is a large single garage, off road parking and a wonderful mature landscaped garden.
The house is approached through the rear hall/utility area with space for washing machine & tumble dryer. From this is the cloakroom with shower. There is an office space with fitted cupboards and tiled floor. The Kitchen has the original pamment flooring, fitted units, integrated dishwasher, larder fridge, electric double oven and induction hob.
The sitting room is a charming good sized room with dual aspect, inglenook fireplace with wood burning stove and pamment floor. Beyond is the dining room with oak wooden flooring, open fireplace with wood burner and attractive feature window.
On the First Floor the landing leads to the master bedroom with fitted wardrobe cupboards, bedroom 2 is a good sized room also with fitted cupboards. There is a family bathroom with half panelled walls and bedroom3 is at present used as a study.
Gable End is approached by a shared driveway to a parking area with room for up to 3 cars and on to the large single garage with up and over door and space for workshop or garden store at one end.
The Gardens are a feature of this charming property and beside the house is a cobbled courtyard which opens onto the formal garden which is extensively planted and has large areas of lawns, well stocked borders, several fine specimen trees, an area of kitchen garden and a good sized greenhouse.
Directions IP25 6SN
From Norwich take the Watton Road passing through Hingham and after about 3 miles turn right where signed to Carbrooke. Drive into the village and at the T junction turn left into Bridge Street. Gable End is about 100 yards along on the left.
Local Authority, Breckland District Council, Band: D, Annual Cost: £1,512.
Oil fired central heating, electricity, mains water and drainage.
Fixtures and Fittings
Items regarded as fixtures and fittings including carpets, curtains, light fittings, kitchen appliances and garden ornaments are excluded although these items may be available by separate negotiation.
Strictly by prior appointment with sole agents Jackson-Stops & Staff. If there is any point which is of particular importance to you, we invite you to discuss this with us, especially before you travel to view the property.
1. These particulars have been prepared in good faith as a general guide, they are not exhaustive and include information provided to us by other parties including the seller, not all of which will have been verified by us.
2. We have not carried out a detailed or structural survey; we have not tested any services, appliances or fittings. Measurements, floor plans, orientation and distances are given as approximate only and should not be relied on.
3. The photographs are not necessarily comprehensive or current, aspects may have changed since the photographs were taken. No assumption should be made that any contents are included in the sale.
4. We have not checked that the property has all necessary planning, building regulation approval, statutory or regulatory permissions or consents. Any reference to any alterations or use of any part of the property does not mean that necessary planning, building regulations, or other consent has been obtained.
5. Prospective purchasers should satisfy themselves by inspection, searches, enquiries, surveys, and professional advice about all relevant aspects of the property.
6. These particulars do not form part of any offer or contract and must not be relied upon as statements or representations of fact; we have no authority to make or give any representation or warranties in relation to the property. If these are required, you should include their terms in any contract between you and the seller.
More information from this agent
To view this media, please visit the on-line version of this page at www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-60803684.html?premiumA=true
Energy Performance Certificate (EPC) graphs
Map & Street View
Street View is unavailable in this location
Disclaimer - Property reference NOR160219. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Jackson-Stops, Norwich. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.