House for saleBracondale, Norwich, Norfolk
Sold STC £775,000
A fine 5 bedroom Georgian Villa style family house offering over 2600sq ft. of accommodation complete with garage, off road parking and a large rear garden set on the historic route of Bracondale Road, only a moments' walk from the city centre.
- Entrance hallway
- Sitting room
- Drawing room
- Dining room
- Breakfast room
- Utility room
- Master bedroom
- 4x further bedrooms
- Family bathroom
- Shower room
- Ample off road parking (front)
- Front garden
- Garage (rear)
- Large rear garden
- Outbuilding/converted wash room
Driving Distances (approx.)
- Norwich Station (walking): 0.8 miles
- John Lewis (walking) 0.6 miles
- A146/A47 junction: 1.4 miles
23 Bracondale Road is located just above the brow of the hill on Bracondale, a hill leading down the valley between the 2 local rivers (Yare & Wensum). The road is home to a number of superb period properties, many dating back to the 19th century, when Bracondale was (and still is!) a fashionable location and enjoys a Conservation Area status.
All of the amenities of the city are within walking distance including the family friendly Norwich City football club, the riverside leisure development complete with cinema and numerous restaurants and pubs. The city is well known for its excellent shopping with a combination of independent retailers along with a number of well know establishments.
The daily market in the centre of the city is a short walk, as is John Lewis and a number of other department stores.
The mainline station is less than a 1 mile walk (downhill on the way) with a direct service to London Liverpool Street quoted as just under 2 hours. The expanding international Norwich airport is located to the north of the city and has daily flights to Europe and internal destinations.
The house is a fine example of an extended 5 bedroom Georgian Villa with later Victorian additions, with the classic central front door and staircase, floor to ceiling bay windows to the front, stripped wooden flooring in parts and a period fireplace.
The rear garden is a rare find as at the rear it extends to double the width occupying the space behind the neighbouring house. In addition, it benefits from private vehicular access through double gates via the neighbouring Ice House Lane road.
The central hallway and staircase are accessed through the centrally located front door, with the principle rooms located either side. To the left (at the front of the house) is the 17'6 x 17'5 sitting room complete with large bay window overlooking the front. The room benefits from fitted cupboards and book shelves as well as a picture rail.
To the right of the hallway (again to the front with floor to ceiling windows) is the 18'6 x 14'3 drawing room with period feature fireplace, dado rail and picture rail.
Behind the drawing room is the 14'8 x 12'10 dining room which then leads through to a study at the rear of the house.
Accessed off both the sitting room and the hallway is the breakfast room which opens to the extended rear fitted kitchen.
A utility room is situated off the breakfast room whilst a downstairs W.C. completes the ground floor accommodation. A cellar is accessed down a flight of steps under the main staircase.
The central staircase leads up to the first floor landing where the main sleeping accommodation is found. The large (14'5 x 13'10) master bedroom is located at the front of the house as is bedroom 2. Bedroom 3 is located to the rear behind the master whilst bedroom 5 is cleverly created along the rear hallway with glass partitions allowing natural light and air into the room.
The 4th bedroom, family bathroom and separate W.C. are located on the western side of the house, in the Victorian extension, slightly overhanging the ground floor. A shower room sits between the master and bedroom 2 and completes the first floor accommodation.
23 Bracondale is set back from the road and is approached through a gravelled drive opening into a parking and turning area in front of the house. A small front garden separates the house and the parking area, behind a metal rail fence with a central pathway leading up to the front door. The rear garden is much larger than one expects to see, as it widens to the width of both 23 and the neighbouring house, with a double gate and garage accessed through the neighbouring Ice House Lane.
The rear garden is mainly laid to lawn with a terrace adjoining the back of the house. A washroom (dated 1851) still stands proudly, offering the new owner further development potential (subject the usual consents etc.) this also creates a private courtyard garden area before opening into the large lawned garden behind.
Directions NR1 2AL
Bracondale is very easy to approach from various directions - from the A47 junction by the county hall, from the city centre past John Lewis or from the station/football ground. Number 23 sits just above the brow of the hill on the northern side of the road, and benefits from ample off road parking.
Norwich City Council
Mains electricity, water, drainage and gas
Fixtures and Fittings
Items regarded as fixtures and fittings including carpets, curtains, light fittings, kitchen appliances and garden ornaments are excluded although these items may be available by separate negotiation.
Strictly by prior appointment with sole agents Jackson-Stops & Staff. If there is any point which is of particular importance to you, we invite you to discuss this with us, especially before you travel to view the property.
1. These particulars have been prepared in good faith as a general guide, they are not exhaustive and include information provided to us by other parties including the seller, not all of which will have been verified by us.
2. We have not carried out a detailed or structural survey; we have not tested any services, appliances or fittings. Measurements, floor plans, orientation and distances are given as approximate only and should not be relied on.
3. The photographs are not necessarily comprehensive or current, aspects may have changed since the photographs were taken. No assumption should be made that any contents are included in the sale.
4. We have not checked that the property has all necessary planning, building regulation approval, statutory or regulatory permissions or consents. Any reference to any alterations or use of any part of the property does not mean that necessary planning, building regulations, or other consent has been obtained.
5. Prospective purchasers should satisfy themselves by inspection, searches, enquiries, surveys, and professional advice about all relevant aspects of the property.
6. These particulars do not form part of any offer or contract and must not be relied upon as statements or representations of fact; we have no authority to make or give any representation or warranties in relation to the property. If these are required, you should include their terms in any contract between you and the seller.
More information from this agent
To view this media, please visit the on-line version of this page at www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-60840161.html?premiumA=true
Energy Performance Certificate (EPC) graphs
Map & Street View
Street View is unavailable in this location
Disclaimer - Property reference NOR160227. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Jackson-Stops & Staff, Norwich. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.