This property has been removed by the agent. It may be sold or temporarily removed from the market

View similar properties

Shop for sale

Hawthorne Road, Birmingham, B15


Property Description

Commercial information

  • Business for sale
  • Use class orders: A1 Shops

Key features

  • Well established
  • Ideal bolt on
  • Ideal first business
  • Prime affluent location
  • 2 Bedroom flat above
  • Reduced for a quick sale

Full description

Tenure: Leasehold

Established Dry Cleaners, Laundry Services & Alterations Business in Edgbaston For Sale
2 Bedroom Flat above
Ref 1096

This respected Dry Cleaners & Laundry services concern is located in the desirable and affluent area of Edgbaston in Birmingham. The precinct has a number of complementary independent businesses that benefits from free customer parking, which can be easily accessed and Birmingham City centre is within 1 mile.

Business information

Asking Price: 45,000 plus SAV
Turnover: 71,741 pa
GP: 59,856
Stock: 500
Rental Income: 6,300
(from flat above)


Original term: 10 years
Remaining : 8 years
Reviewed : 3 yearly
Rent: 19,692 pa
Rates: 320 pa

Business Description

Veritas Business sales are delighted to offer for sale this well established Dry Cleaners that is located in Edgbaston in Birmingham. The business has been established for over 25 years and has been in the careful hands of the current owner for the last 9 years. Reluctantly the business is being offered for sale as they are due a well deserved retirement. Since ownership they have continually invested in new equipment, along with fixtures and fittings which are all bought and paid for and included within the sale price which means that any new purchaser will not need to spend any additional funds for some time. The business is very much owner operated and requires 1 full time helper (wife) and 3 part time members of staff. The annual turnover is 71,741 with a gross profit of 59,856 of which 60% of turnover is from retail and on-line domestic dry cleaning sales and the remaining 40% is commercial work. We believe that there is further potential to increase trade by expanding the commercial side as it is not being pushed and they are only scratching the surface. The business enjoys a strong reputation within the local community and beyond and as such has a high level of regular and repeat trade. This is a superb opportunity to purchase an established business which is a great base to build upon and as such early viewing is highly recommended as this business is not to be missed.
Opening Hours

Monday - Friday - 8.30am - 5.30pm
Saturday - 9.00am - 3.30pm
Sunday - Closed

Ground Floor

Retail comprising: Sales counter with epos sales system, finished goods clothing racks, dry cleaning machine (10KG)

Work room comprising: washers x 2, dryers x 2 (50lb), washer (40lb), press (Hoffman), ironing tables x 2, sink drainer

Boiler room with fitted units, storage shelving


Small rear yard
W/C and wash basin
Store room with water tank storage
Single garage

First floor flat (sub-let for 650 PCM)

Bathroom with bath, w/c and wash basin
Double bedrooms x 2

The property benefits from a free customer carpark, CCTV and an ADT alarm

Map & Street View

Disclaimer - Property reference 1096. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by VERITAS BUSINESS SALES LTD, Solihull. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.

* This is the maximum possible speed. Broadband speed may be lower at peak times and can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed you receive where you live may be lower than that listed above. Fibre/cable services at your postcode are subject to availability. You can confirm availability on the provider's website. The information is provided and maintained by

Map data OpenStreetMap contributors.