4 bedroom detached house for saleBirchfield - Lot 1, Whitebridge, Inverness, Highland, IV2
- 4 Bedrooms and 2 Bathrooms
- A well presented and comfortable timber house with spacious accommodation
- Remote, private setting in the beautiful Fechlin Glen
- Good sporting and commercial forestry potential
- Readily accessible to Inverness and the airport
Birchfield is situated in an attractive woodland location some 1.5 miles from the rural hamlet of Whitebridge and some 25 miles from the city of Inverness. The area lies on the south side of the Great Glen and is far removed from the crowded tourist route of the north. The property was built in 2000 in the style of a log cabin constructed by Sylvan Stuart using Douglas Fir with a tile roof. The house is extremely well insulated and double glazed throughout and it offers spacious accommodation perfectly suitable for permanent living.
The main feature of the house is the spacious and comfortable living room that is combined with a kitchen. The room is heated by a wood burning Jotul stove supplemented by electric storage heaters. The walls are of exposed timber that adds enormous character to the property.
The house is offered for sale with some 47 acres (19.0 ha) of now established forestry, planted about 30 years ago, being primarily Sitka Spruce with stands of Norway Spruce and Douglas Fir. This is an atractive and potentially valuable stand of forestry that should give a good yield of timber when felled.
EPC Rating = C
More information from this agent
To view this media, please visit the on-line version of this page at www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-61093301.html
Energy Performance Certificate (EPC) graphs
Map & Street View
Street View is unavailable in this location
Disclaimer - Property reference INV160136. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Galbraith, Inverness. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
* This is the maximum possible speed. Broadband speed may be lower at peak times and can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed you receive where you live may be lower than that listed above. Fibre/cable services at your postcode are subject to availability. You can confirm availability on the provider's website. The information is provided and maintained by comparethemarket.com
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.