5 bedroom detached house for saleHightown Hill, Ringwood, Hampshire
Guide Price £1,950,000
Ringwood is positioned on the edge of the New Forest, yet is just a short drive from the coast. It is an increasingly popular destination for home hunters having undergone a re-identification; the old cattle market has been transformed into a stylish shopping quarter with names such as Aga, Hobbs, Joules, Waitrose and Waterstones, and a programme of events that includes live music and farmers’ markets. The adjacent high street has retained its character, with a traditional weekly market and a selection of independents, a new artisan bakery, and a variety of quality eateries. Families are attracted by the sense of community, superb infant and junior schools, and highly regarded secondary school (its sixth form provision rated ‘outstanding’ by Ofsted). For the commuter, the cities of Salisbury and Southampton are easily reached via the A338 and the A31 and London is just an hour away via a train from Southampton Parkway. The larger shopping towns of Bournemouth (10 miles south) and Southampton (20 miles east), both with their airports are easily accessible.
- Entrance Porch opening into a spacious Entrance Hall, finished with attractive Engineered Oak flooring and with a split Oak staircase to the first floor, and access to the Cloakroom.
- Superb custom made Kitchen/ Breakfast Room designed by ‘Kitchen Elegance’ fitted with a comprehensive range of painted units, with granite work-surfaces over incorporating a ceramic sink. There is a matching island unit with inset Neff induction hob and extractor over, and additional sink, with further integrated Neff appliances including a fan/steam oven, combination oven and warming draw. There is also a gas fired AGA.
- Separate Utility Room with Villeroy and Bosch butlers sink and further space for additional appliances. Door to the Plant Room housing central heating boiler, water tank and integral vacuum system.
- Impressive Orangery leading from the kitchen offering an attractive triple aspect over the gardens, with a door opening onto the terrace, fitted with blinds.
- Well-proportioned double aspect Sitting Room, with doors opening onto the gardens and featuring an inset wood-burning stove.
- Adjacent Dining Room finished with Engineered Oak flooring, also with doors opening onto the gardens.
- From the Entrance Hall, there is access to the Self-Contained Annexe comprising: a sitting/dining room, fitted kitchen and bedroom with en-suite Shower Room. A separate door from the drive gives private access if required.
- Double aspect Master Bedroom with French doors onto the balcony, offering views over the gardens, further benefitting from a fitted walk-in Dressing Room and quality En-Suite Bathroom.
- Bedroom Two with patio doors to a Juliette balcony, also comprising built in wardrobes and En-Suite Bathroom.
- Bedroom Three with a double aspect, fitted walk-in Dressing Room and En-suite Shower Room
- Bedroom Four comprising an adjoining dressing room/study area, and En-Suite Shower Room
- Useful Laundry Room comprising a linen cupboard and with access to the Galleried Landing.
- Second Floor accessed via an Oak staircase from the First Floor, providing approximately 1000 sq. ft. of additional space, currently used as a study.
The property is approached through electric gates to an extensive drive, providing ample parking, with turning circle. There is access to a garage/stable complex, consisting of three stables and two garages with double opening doors. A further outbuilding could be used for additional storage.
The established formal gardens mainly lie to the rear and one side of the property, and are predominantly laid to lawn, bordered by a variety of mature shrubs and trees, with a patio adjacent to the rear of the Orangery, two attractive ponds with waterfall. There is access to a fenced Tennis Court with practice wall.
From the gardens, a wooden five bar gate leads to the paddock, comprising three field shelters and drinking troughs.
Property ref: 121_1876_4201643
More information from this agent
To view this media, please visit the on-line version of this page at www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-61116029.html?premiumA=true
Energy Performance Certificate (EPC) graphs
Map & Street View
Street View is unavailable in this location
Disclaimer - Property reference 4201643. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Spencers Of The New Forest, Ringwood. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.