2 bedroom character property for saleWest End, Martinstown, Dorchester
Sold STC £240,000
- Period Property
- Two Double Bedrooms
- Over 200 ft Garden
- Amples of Charachter
- Popular Village Location
- Grade II Listed
We are delighted to market this PERIOD THATCHED TERRACED COTTAGE situated adjacent to the South Winterborne river. IN THE HEART OF THIS ATTRACTIVE VILLAGE the cottage has 200FT GARDEN and 2 DOUBLE BEDROOMS and retains much of its ORIGINAL CHARM AND CHARACTER.
The property is a delightful period cottage of exposed stone under a thatch roof . Access to the cottage is under porch, through a part-glazed front door directly into the generously proportioned sitting room. With doors leading to dining room or the potential for a third bedroom.
There is also access from the hall area to the kitchen with ample wall and floor units, together with space for a washing machine and fridge/freezer and oven and benefits from wonderful views over the 200 ft. garden. Access to the garden can be achieved from the hall. adjacent to the kitchen is the family shower room and storage cupboard.
In the corner of the sitting room is a turned staircase to the first floor where there are two double bedrooms, together with further under-eaves storage.
Immediately outside the rear of the house is a paved terrace offering private space, a few steps up lead to the 200 foot mature garden which is laid to lawn and particularly private. Running along the boundaries are mature fruit trees and hedgerows adding to the overall appeal.
Martinstown is a small village in the south of England in the county of Dorset. It is about 7 miles from the coast at Weymouth and 4 miles from the county town of Dorchester. The history of the village dates back to a time "before any written history of England"
Lounge 15' 10" x 12' 11" ( 4.83m x 3.94m )
Dining Room 12' 3" x 7' 8" ( 3.73m x 2.34m )
Kitchen 12' x 6' 2" ( 3.66m x 1.88m )
Bedroom One 16' 9" x 13' 4" ( 5.11m x 4.06m )
Bedroom Two 11' 8" x 9' 8" ( 3.56m x 2.95m )
Bathroom 7' 8" x 6' 9" ( 2.34m x 2.06m )
1. MONEY LAUNDERING REGULATIONS: Intending purchasers will be asked to produce identification documentation at a later stage and we would ask for your co-operation in order that there will be no delay in agreeing the sale.
2. General: While we endeavour to make our sales particulars fair, accurate and reliable, they are only a general guide to the property and, accordingly, if there is any point which is of particular importance to you, please contact the office and we will be pleased to check the position for you, especially if you are contemplating travelling some distance to view the property.
3. Measurements: These approximate room sizes are only intended as general guidance. You must verify the dimensions carefully before ordering carpets or any built-in furniture.
4. Services: Please note we have not tested the services or any of the equipment or appliances in this property, accordingly we strongly advise prospective buyers to commission their own survey or service reports before finalising their offer to purchase.
5. THESE PARTICULARS ARE ISSUED IN GOOD FAITH BUT DO NOT CONSTITUTE REPRESENTATIONS OF FACT OR FORM PART OF ANY OFFER OR CONTRACT. THE MATTERS REFERRED TO IN THESE PARTICULARS SHOULD BE INDEPENDENTLY VERIFIED BY PROSPECTIVE BUYERS OR TENANTS. NEITHER SEQUENCE (UK) LIMITED NOR ANY OF ITS EMPLOYEES OR AGENTS HAS ANY AUTHORITY TO MAKE OR GIVE ANY REPRESENTATION OR WARRANTY WHATEVER IN RELATION TO THIS PROPERTY.
More information from this agent
To view this media, please visit the on-line version of this page at www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-61183637.html
Energy Performance Certificate (EPC) graphs
Map & Street View
Street View is unavailable in this location
Disclaimer - Property reference DRR102779. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Fox & Sons, Dorchester. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.