Plot for saleHighfields Road, Highfields Caldecote, Cambridge
Guide Price £315,000
- 0.25 acre / 0.1 ha plot
- Full planning permission
- Detached house
- 4 bed, 4 recep, 2.5 bath
- Double garage
- c. 300sqm / 3200 sqft
- Mature, level site
- No S106
A 0.25 acre / 0.1 ha individual building plot with consent for a superb detached house of about 300 sqm / 3200 sqft GEA, set at the north edge of the village, about 5 miles west of Cambridge.
The plot stands at the edge of the village, close to the north end of Highfields Road and its junction with the old St Neots road. It is the mature former front garden of Leylands, an individual, detached single storey property set in about half an acre and the plot is being divided in two, with the owners retaining and living in Leylands.
Planning consent was granted at appeal in July 2016, ref: S/2889/15/FL
The land is currently mainly vegetable garden with timber sheds and a timber garage that will require demolishing. The house will stand towards the front of the plot with a double garage in front and the driveway passing by and leading on to Leylands. This orientation gives the new house a generous, south facing rear garden and a total plot size of about 0.25 acres / 0.1 hectares. The boundaries of the site are mature and keep it well screened from its neighbours and the road.
Planning consent was granted in August 2016 for an individual, four bedroom house of about 300 sqm / 3200 sqft GEA with some stunning design features including a vaulted reception hall with a galleried landing over and an open plan living kitchen measuring over 10 m / 32 ft long.
1. The site is sold freehold, with access rights to Leylands maintained across the driveway at the front. The buyer is required to keep the driveway clear and tidy for access for vehicles and pedestrians to Leylands during the build and to apply a bound gravel style final finish to the driveway within 3 months of occupying the finished house.
2. The buyer will be responsible for erecting a 6ft close-board fence to the east boundary with Leylands within a month of completion of the purchase.
3. Mains gas, electricity and drainage are present on Highfields Road, the buyer is responsible for making new connections.
4. There is no Section 106 payment due.
5. The buyer is responsible for meeting any conditions in the planning consent.
Highfields Caldecote is an appealing established community about 5 miles west of Cambridge and is well served by a local shop, primary school, social club and village hall. There is also a petrol filling station and further shop just at the edge of the village.
The village is in the catchment for the eagerly sought-after Comberton Village College and is surrounded by open countryside with lots of bridleways and footpaths providing pleasant walks and rides and there is a lovely bluebell wood off Highfields Road.
The A428 gives easy access to Cambridge (5 miles) and in the other direction to St Neots (11 miles). Junction 13 of the M11 is about 4.5 miles east.
Map & Street View
Street View is unavailable in this location
Disclaimer - Property reference 26450446. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Cooke Curtis & Co, Cambridge. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
* This is the maximum possible speed. Broadband speed may be lower at peak times and can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed you receive where you live may be lower than that listed above. Fibre/cable services at your postcode are subject to availability. You can confirm availability on the provider's website. The information is provided and maintained by comparethemarket.com
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.