8 bedroom barn for saleStanninghall Road, Horstead, Norfolk
Offers in Excess of £500,000
(LOT 3) A rare opportunity to purchase a detached barn dating back to the 1920's with planning permission to create 2 adjoining dwellings with large gardens and grounds in a stunning rural setting, with far reaching countryside views in all directions. Being sold as either individual barns (2 lots) or a complete unit (1 lot).
Lot 1 - South Barn (5 bays) apportioned land OIEO £225,000
Lot 2 - North Barn (6 bays) apportioned land OIEO £275,000
Lot 3 - North & South Barns (11 bays) all land OIEO £500,000
- 2 adjoining partially converted barns
- Planning for 2 x four bedroom, 3 bathroom dwellings
- Gardens and grounds in all approx. 2 acres (stms)
- Historical post war building
- Land Registry - NK438492
- Stunning far reaching countryside views
- Broadland District Council
- Application 20150783 (11th June 2015), in relation to 20051113
- All documents available on council website using the above application number
Driving Distances (approx.)
- Norwich: 6.1 miles
- A140: 3.2 miles
- Wroxham: 5.7 miles
- Aylsham: 8.9 miles
- Coltishall: 2 miles
The Glass Barn was built just after the First World War as a craft workshop for convalescing soldiers to learn new skills. It became known locally as The Glass Barn due to the large expanses of glass on the east and west elevations. These have since been filled in as the barn took on a more agricultural use but the openings can still clearly be seen.
The Glass Barn is situated on a beautiful country lane in a tranquil and rural spot on the edge of the hamlet of Stanninghall, near Crostwick, about 2 miles from Coltishall. It enjoys a slightly elevated position with stunning far reaching views over the neighbouring countryside and farmland, and the adjacent tower remains of the 16th century ruined church of St Peter. To the east and south it overlooks paddocks owned by the local horse sanctuary.
The cathedral city of Norwich is only a short 6 mile drive whilst Coltishall and Wroxham (the gateway to the Norfolk Broads) are just a few miles away. The nearby villages of Frettenham and Coltishall provide the local amenities, such as schooling, pubs and restaurants.
We are selling The Glass Barn with the current planning application approval. These documents are available through us by request or by simply visiting the Broadland District Council Website, and using the planning application search facility using the application number 20150783. The planning permission is subject the various requirements set out in these documents.
The planning approval includes a 50 feet long by 10 feet deep verander to the West side of the North Barn along with a 1st floor terrace above with full access from the master bedroom!
The property was purchased by the current owners in September 2013; the conversion commencing in 2015 with external works, internal demolition and clearing, and major ground preparation works having been carried out. We have been informed that significant foundations have been formed to support the new superstructure and all proposed internal load bearing walls. A new gable wall, oversite concrete slab and all ground floor walls have been erected to the South Barn (clearly visible).
Unfortunately, our client is no longer in a position to complete the project and has reluctantly asked us to sell The Glass Barn for them as either one lot or 2 separate lots.
Directions NR12 7LY
From Norwich, head north on the North Walsham Road (B1150) and upon reaching Crostwick turn left into Hall Lane. After approximately ½ a mile bear right into Stanninghall Road and The Glass Barn will be clearly visible on the left hand side.
Broadland District Council
We understand a builder's electrical supply has been installed. Mains water is connected.
Strictly by prior appointment with sole agents Jackson-Stops & Staff. If there is any point which is of particular importance to you, we invite you to discuss this with us, especially before you travel to view the property.
1. These particulars have been prepared in good faith as a general guide, they are not exhaustive and include information provided to us by other parties including the seller, not all of which will have been verified by us.
2. We have not carried out a detailed or structural survey; we have not tested any services, appliances or fittings. Measurements, floor plans, orientation and distances are given as approximate only and should not be relied on.
3. The photographs are not necessarily comprehensive or current, aspects may have changed since the photographs were taken. No assumption should be made that any contents are included in the sale.
4. We have not checked that the property has all necessary planning, building regulation approval, statutory or regulatory permissions or consents. Any reference to any alterations or use of any part of the property does not mean that necessary planning, building regulations, or other consent has been obtained.
5. Prospective purchasers should satisfy themselves by inspection, searches, enquiries, surveys, and professional advice about all relevant aspects of the property.
6. These particulars do not form part of any offer or contract and must not be relied upon as statements or representations of fact; we have no authority to make or give any representation or warranties in relation to the property. If these are required, you should include their terms in any contract between you and the seller.
Map & Street View
Street View is unavailable in this location
Disclaimer - Property reference NOR160226. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Jackson-Stops & Staff, Norwich. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.