4 bedroom detached house for saleCommon Road, Hardwick, Norfolk
Guide Price £650,000
A beautifully restored Grade ll listed 16th and 17th century 4/5 bedroom Long House with gardens and grounds of 1.28 (stms) with triple garage and workshop/stables plus PP to extend into the barn.
- Kitchen/dining area
- Family room
- Sitting room
- Study/sitting room
- Downstairs bathroom and separate cloakroom
- Laundry room
- Master bedroom with dressing room or 5th bedroom
- 3 further bedrooms
- 2 bathrooms (1 en suite)
- Triple garage block with workshop/stables
- Gardens and grounds in 1.28 acres (stms)
Driving Distances (approx.)
- Diss 13.9 miles
- Norwich 15.7 miles
- Wymondham 13.2 miles
- Long Stratton 3 miles
Grey Gables is situated in the rural village of Hardwick and overlooks St Margaret's Church, within the village there is a primary school. The village of Long Stratton is 3 miles where there are three schools Manor Field First School, St. Mary's Middle School, and Long Stratton High School, doctor's surgery, leisure centre, 2 pubs and two small shopping centres, a Co-op supermarket and other independent shops. The Cathedral City of Norwich is 15.7 miles to the north where there is a regular mainline rail service to London-Liverpool Street and an expanding airport. The North Norfolk Coast is renowned for its sandy beaches, bird reserves and sailing facilities, whilst there are a number of golf courses nearby, namely Sheringham, Cromer, West Runcton and The Norfolk Broads Complex is within easy driving distances.
Grey Gables is a Grade ll listed period Long House, parts of which date back to the 16th Century and 17th Century there are many original features throughout the house. The current owner has carried an extensive works to the property and has extended into part of an attached barn. There is still potential to extend further into the remaining barn which has planning permission for further accommodation.
A large open plan kitchen, dining and sitting area is the hub of the house, with pamment flooring throughout and exposed beams. The kitchen area has a selection of wooden painted cupboards with Belfast sink, oil fired Aga and dishwasher. There is a dining area with French doors out to the garden and terraced area and a family sitting room at the other end. There is a spiral staircase which leads to a bedroom and en suite bathroom. A drawing room with beamed ceilings and exposed wall timbers, inglenook fireplace and wood burner. A further sitting room again with pamment flooring and inglenook fireplace. Separate cloakroom and downstairs bathroom plus a laundry room.
This being the oldest part of the house there are original beamed ceilings, exposed wall timbers and original exposed floor boards. Master bedroom with a dressing room or another bedroom. 2 further double bedrooms and a shower room.
The property is approached over a long gravel drive way through a newly built pillared walled entrance. To the far end of the drive is a large parking area along with a triple garage with an alarm system and large workshop.
The garden is laid to grass with a mixture of flower beds and fruit trees, terraced areas directly outside the kitchen and sitting room, there is a large area which would be suitable for growing vegetables or keeping chickens and a natural pond in about 1.28 acres (stms). The garden is completely private with lovely views looking over St Margaret's Church and surrounding countryside. There is an attached barn which has planning permission for additional accommodation which has already had windows installed and electricity and has the oil tank for the Aga and pump for the treatment plant.
Directions NR15 2SP
Take the A140 towards Long Stratton, after Tasburgh take the turning left sign posted to Hempnall the B1527.
Turn right into The Street sign posted Fritton, pass over Fritton Common and through Fritton. Continue along Middle Road which becomes Low Road, pass Hardwick School on your right hand side. Follow the road round into Common Road. The property is on the right hand side with a high red brick wall at the entrance of the drive and is next door to St Margaret's Church.
South Norfolk Council, Band: E, Annual cost: £1,891.80 (2016/17).
Oil fired Aga, Calor gas cylinder to central heating, mains electricity and water, private drainage with sewerage treatment plant.
Fixtures and Fittings
Items regarded as fixtures and fittings including carpets, curtains, light fittings, kitchen appliances and garden ornaments are excluded although these items may be available by separate negotiation.
Strictly by prior appointment with sole agents Jackson-Stops & Staff. If there is any point which is of particular importance to you, we invite you to discuss this with us, especially before you travel to view the property.
1. These particulars have been prepared in good faith as a general guide, they are not exhaustive and include information provided to us by other parties including the seller, not all of which will have been verified by us.
2. We have not carried out a detailed or structural survey; we have not tested any services, appliances or fittings. Measurements, floor plans, orientation and distances are given as approximate only and should not be relied on.
3. The photographs are not necessarily comprehensive or current, aspects may have changed since the photographs were taken. No assumption should be made that any contents are included in the sale.
4. We have not checked that the property has all necessary planning, building regulation approval, statutory or regulatory permissions or consents. Any reference to any alterations or use of any part of the property does not mean that necessary planning, building regulations, or other consent has been obtained.
5. Prospective purchasers should satisfy themselves by inspection, searches, enquiries, surveys, and professional advice about all relevant aspects of the property.
6. These particulars do not form part of any offer or contract and must not be relied upon as statements or representations of fact; we have no authority to make or give any representation or warranties in relation to the property. If these are required, you should include their terms in any contract between you and the seller.
Map & Street View
Street View is unavailable in this location
Disclaimer - Property reference NOR160071. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Jackson-Stops & Staff, Norwich. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.