4 bedroom house for saleNew Road, Blakeney, Norfolk
Guide Price £725,000
- Porch and inner hallway
- Sitting room
- Kitchen dining room
- Utility room
- Master bedroom with en suite shower room
- 2 further double bedrooms (one en suite)
- Family bathroom
- Wooden floor boards and hardwood doors on first and second floors
- Study/galleried area
- Sitting room/bedroom 4
- Private parking
- Front garden
- South facing rear garden with terrace
- Single garage.
Driving Distances (approx.)
- Holt 5 Miles
- Morston 2 Miles
- Norwich 25 Miles
Blakeney is a wonderful coastal village with winding streets of brick and flint cottages running down to the picturesque quay. The village has a wide variety of shops, pubs and restaurants, an active village hall, a doctor's surgery and primary school. This is a designated Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty and offers access to the saltmarshes and Blakeney Point with many ways of whiling away leisure hours including crabbing on the quayside, sailing, bird and seal watching, cycling, golf, coastal walking and fine beaches. The Georgian market town of Holt is about 5 miles to the south and has an extensive and eclectic range of shops, galleries, restaurants and pubs, also being home to Greshams Pre Prep, Prep and Senior schools.
Housemartin has been finished to a very high standard throughout and although currently a full time home it would work equally well as a holiday retreat.
A part glazed front door leads into the porch and in turn into the entrance hall with slate tiled flooring, under and stairs storage cupboard and separate WC. To the right off this hallway is the sitting room with, recessed wood burner under a stone mantle and double wooden glazed doors into the kitchen/dining room, the same tiled slate flooring continues through the whole of the ground floor.
The kitchen is fully fitted with a range of handmade painted wooden units by Brian Turner, soft close drawers, granite worktops and splashbacks, integrated appliances including, Bosch dishwasher, larder fridge, 2 ring ceramic hob and oil fired Rayburn with double oven and extractor. Double French doors lead out to the south facing terrace and garden.
The rear hallway has a stable door to the garden and leads into the utility room with Brian Turner handmade wooden units, granite worktops, space and plumbing for washing machine and room for an under counter freezer.
From the main reception hall a bespoke wooden staircase leads up to the first floor with the master bedroom overlooking the rear garden, this room has built in wardrobes and an en suite shower room with contemporary fittings and heated towel rail. There are two further double bedrooms on this floor one with an en suite shower room and a beautifully designed family bathroom.
A further flight of stairs leads up to the 2nd floor which has two dual aspect rooms with lovely views over Blakeney and towards the church. Currently used as a study and a sitting room there is certainly an opportunity to have a 4th bedroom on this level of the house.
The front of the property is enclosed behind a wooden 5 bar gate leading to a private parking area and garden with mature shrubs and flower borders and a side path leading to the back garden. The single garage is approached over a shared driveway and located at the rear of the property.
There is a south facing rear garden enclosed by a brick and flint wall and wooden fencing, with low maintenance flagstone terracing and shingled paths and well stocked mature borders.
Directions NR25 7NZ
Approaching from Morston follow the A149 coast road through Blakeney, past the garage and the Langham Road crossroads, continue onto New Road and shortly after the right hand turning onto the Saxlingham Road the property can be found on the right hand side, indicated by the For Sale Board.
North Norfolk District Council - Band: E
Oil fired central heating via Rayburn, mains drainage, water and electricity
Items regarded as fixtures and fittings including carpets, curtains, light fittings, kitchen appliances and garden ornaments are excluded although these items may be available by separate negotiation.
Strictly by prior appointment with sole agents Jackson-Stops & Staff. If there is any point which is of particular importance to you, we invite you to discuss this with us, especially before you travel to view the property.
Joint selling agents Arnold Keys Holt 01263 713966
1. These particulars have been prepared in good faith as a general guide, they are not exhaustive and include information provided to us by other parties including the seller, not all of which will have been verified by us.
2. We have not carried out a detailed or structural survey; we have not tested any services, appliances or fittings. Measurements, floor plans, orientation and distances are given as approximate only and should not be relied on.
3. The photographs are not necessarily comprehensive or current, aspects may have changed since the photographs were taken. No assumption should be made that any contents are included in the sale.
4. We have not checked that the property has all necessary planning, building regulation approval, statutory or regulatory permissions or consents. Any reference to any alterations or use of any part of the property does not mean that necessary planning, building regulations, or other consent has been obtained.
5. Prospective purchasers should satisfy themselves by inspection, searches, enquiries, surveys, and professional advice about all relevant aspects of the property.
6. These particulars do not form part of any offer or contract and must not be relied upon as statements or representations of fact; we have no authority to make or give any representation or warranties in relation to the property. If these are required, you should include their terms in any contract between you and the seller.
More information from this agent
To view this media, please visit the on-line version of this page at www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-61357961.html?premiumA=true
Energy Performance Certificate (EPC) graphs
Map & Street View
Street View is unavailable in this location
Disclaimer - Property reference NOR160250. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Jackson-Stops & Staff, Burnham Market. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.