5 bedroom detached house for saleLot 1 - Netherhouse Farmhouse, Sewardstone Road, Chingford, London, E4
- RELAUNCHED FOLLOWING RENOVATION
- Grade II listed 5 bedroom farmhouse
- Patio area and lawn
- Gated access
- Views over adjacent farmland
- EPC Rating = D
Lot 1 - Netherhouse Farmhouse & Paddock
Netherhouse Farm, Sewardstone, Nr Chingford, Essex
Waltham Abbey: 1.6 miles
Chingford: 3.0 miles
Loughton: 3.5 miles (Liverpool Street Station from 22 mins) Epping: 6.5 miles
(All mileages and times are approximate)
- Grade II listed 5 bedroom farmhouse recently modernised
- An attractive parcel of undulating grassland
- Blocks of broadleaved and coniferous woodland
- Hard tracks throughout
- Netherhouse Farmhouse EPC = D
IN ALL ABOUT 160.86 ACRES (65.10 ACRES)
FPR SALE BY PRIVATE TREATY AS A WHOLE OR IN TWO LOTS
These particulars are intended only as a guide and must not be relied upon as a statement of fact. Your attention is drawn to the important notice on the last page of the text.
Netherhouse Farm offers a unique opportunity to
purchase a compact and accessible residential farm
comprising 65.10 hectares (160.86 acres) all located
within the M25 between Chingford and Waltham
The Grade II listed farmhouse has been modernised
and includes 5 bedrooms. The land is an undulating
ring-fenced block which in the main comprises
grassland with some small blocks of woodland.
By appointment with the Vendor's agents. Before
travelling to view the property please discuss with
the Vendors' agents any point which is of particular
importance to you. Given the potential hazards of
a working farm visitors must, before entering the
property, meet with our representative on site to be
briefed on possible hazards.
Netherhouse Farm is located to the north of
Chingford in the Lee Valley. The farmhouse fronts
onto the Sewardstone Road with open countryside
and Epping Forest to the east.
The property is within 2 miles of junction 26 on
the M25 and has good links into London with
there being both mainline and underground railway
stations in close proximity. The mainline railway
station at Chingford provides access to London
Liverpool Street station (from 35 minutes) and the
station at Buckhurst Hill gives access to the City on
the Central Line (from 26 minutes).
The area provides an excellent range of private and
state schools. Local golf courses include West Essex
Golf Club and nearby Royal Epping Forest with
further clubs at High Beach and Nazeing. A Green
Lane bridleway borders the land to the east and gives
access to a network of rides within Epping Forest.
Lot 1 - Netherhouse Farmhouse
The farmhouse is of timber frame construction with
a brick exterior under a clay tile roof. It has been
refurbished internally with a new kitchen on the
ground floor and new shower rooms on the first
floor. Externally, the brickwork has been re-pointed.
The accommodation comprises 3 reception rooms,
kitchen, study and conservatory on the ground floor
with 5 bedrooms, 3 en-suite shower rooms and a
bathroom on the first floor.
The property sits behind a brick and wrought iron fence
with access through electric gates. To the rear and side of the dwelling is a patio and large area of lawn screened on one side by a high hedge.
Lot 2 - Land
(63.94 hectares , 157.99 acres)
The land forms a ring-fenced block with
approximately 47.76 hectares (118.01 acres) of
grassland and 12.43 hectares (30.71 acres) of
woodland, the majority of which is mature broadleaf.
The land is undulating with some steep slopes and
from the high ground (the 'Irish Hills') there are
views over London and the Lee Valley.
The grassland is fenced to form individual paddocks,
most of which have the benefit of water. A perimeter
and internal hard tracks provide good access to the
majority of fields. The land has been under-drained
in part and drainage plans are available from the
The land benefits from two gated entrances off the
public highway. One access point is to the northern
end of the land off Mott Street and the other is to the
southern end off Daws Hill.
GENERAL REMARKS & STIPULATIONS
Tenure and Possession
The property is offered freehold with vacant possession subject to the following:
Netherhouse Farmhouse is currently let on an Assured Shorthold
Tenancy dated 20th September 2012. The tenancy is in its periodic term at a rent of £2,500 per calendar month.
Exchange of Contracts and Completion
Exchange of contracts to take place with a 10% deposit within 28 days of receipt of draft contracts by the Purchaser(s) solicitors. Completion to be within one month of exchange of contracts or later by agreement.
Early entry to the land may be granted on the Purchaser(s) paying an additional 10% deposit.
Sporting, Timber and Minerals
In so far as they are owned by the Vendors rights of sporting, timber and minerals are included in the sale. All such rights are believed to be owned by the Vendors.
Fixtures and Fittings
Unless described in these particulars all fixtures and fittings are
specifically excluded from the sale.
The property is offered subject to any current or past development plans, tree preservation orders, town planning schedules, applications, permissions and resolutions which may be or may come into force.
The Purchaser(s) will be deemed to have full knowledge and have satisfied themselves as to the provisions of any such matters affecting the property.
Easements, Covenants, Rights of Way and Restrictions
The property is sold subject to, or with the benefit of, all existing wayleaves, easements, quasi-easements, rights of way, covenants and restrictions whether mentioned in these particulars or not.
There are various public rights of way shown on the farm plan.
An easement for a gas pipe runs from the Sewardstone Road eastwards.
It is believed TUPE Regulations do not apply.
Boundaries, Plans, Areas, Schedules and Disputes
The boundaries are based on the Ordnance Survey and are for reference only. The Purchaser(s) will be deemed to have full knowledge of the boundaries and any error or mistake shall not annul the sale or entitle any party to compensation in respect thereof.
Should any dispute arise as to boundaries or any points on the
general remarks and stipulations, particulars, schedules, plan or the interpretation of any of them, questions shall be referred to the selling agents whose decision acting as expert shall be final.
Any guide price quoted or discussed is exclusive of VAT. The Vendors have Opted to Tax and the sale of the property or any right attached to it is deemed a chargeable supply for the purpose of VAT. Such tax shall be payable by the Purchaser(s) in addition to the sale price. Netherhouse Farmhouse and the immediate grounds within Lot 1 will be exempt from
Epping Forest District Council
Civic Offices, High Street
Telephone: 01992 564000
Netherhouse Farmhouse - Band F
Mains electricity, gas, water and sewage.
Savills, their clients and any joint agents give notice that:
1. They are not authorised to make or give any representations or warranties in relation to the property either here or elsewhere, either on their own behalf or on behalf of their client or otherwise. They assume no responsibility for any statement that may be made in theseparticulars. These particulars do not form part of any offer or contract and must not be relied upon as statements or representations of fact.
2. Any areas, measurements or distances are approximate. The text, photographs and plans are for guidance only and are not necessarily comprehensive. It should not be assumed that the property has all necessary planning, building regulation or other consents and Savills have not tested any services, equipment or facilities. Purchasers must satisfy themselves by inspection or otherwise.
3. The reference to any mechanical or electrical equipment or other facilities at the property shall not constitute a representation (unless otherwise stated) as to its state or condition or that it is capable of fulfilling its intended function and prospective purchasers / tenants should satisfy themselves as to the fitness of such equipment for their requirements.
4. We have not made any investigations into the existence or otherwise of any issues concerning pollution of land, air or water contamination and the purchaser is responsible for making his own enquiries in this regard.
Particulars and Photographs taken February 2013 and June 2015.
Acreage: 2.87 Acres
More information from this agent
To view this media, please visit the on-line version of this page at www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-61393256.html
Map & Street View
Street View is unavailable in this location
Disclaimer - Property reference CHR150009. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Savills, Chelmsford. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
* The speed displayed is the maximum broadband speed package available on comparethemarket.com. These may be lower at peak times and can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed you receive where you live may be lower than that listed above. Fibre/cable services at your postcode are subject to availability. You can confirm availability on the provider's website. The information is provided and maintained by Decision Technologies Limited.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.