4 bedroom detached house for saleHungershall Park, Tunbridge Wells, Kent, TN4
Sold STC £1,550,000
- stylish period conversion
- sought-after private park
- 4 bedrooms
- 3 reception rooms
- 3,129 sq ft
- 2 bathrooms
- detached outbuilding and separate garage
- delightful garden
- about 0.32 acres
- EPC Rating = D
The Stables is conveniently located in a sought-after private residential park, less than a mile from Tunbridge Wells High Street and the historic Pantiles and with direct access to the open spaces of the Common to the East and country walks to the West.
Mainline rail: Tunbridge Wells (about 1.2 miles by road) offering regular services to London Charing Cross and Cannon Street (via London Bridge and Waterloo East) with journey times from 50 minutes.
Private and state schools: There are many highly-regarded schools in the area including Holmewood House (Langton Green) and Rose Hill (Tunbridge Wells) preparatory schools, Kent College (Pembury) and Mayfield schools for girls, Kent grammar schools in Tunbridge Wells and Tonbridge and independent secondary schools in Tonbridge, Sevenoaks and Eastbourne.
Communications: The M25, accessed via the A21, links to other motorway networks and thereby Gatwick and Heathrow airports and the Channel Tunnel terminus.
- entrance porch
- entrance hall
- 3 reception rooms
- boot room
- utility room
- 2 cloakrooms
- master bedroom
- 3 further double bedrooms
- 2 bathrooms
- gardens to all sides
- detached former garage
- additional detached garage
- garden sheds and greenhouse
- off-street parking
- about 0.32 acres
- EPC = D
The Stables is a character family house situated in one of the town's most desirable locations in a semi-rural position overlooking countryside. The accommodation is well-proportioned, with two reception rooms benefitting from direct access to the South-facing garden terrace. Features include multi-paned windows, some in a gothic style, decorative barge boards and panelled wood internal doors. Further points of note include:
- extensive wood flooring to the ground floor;
- entrance hall with useful fitted storage and a cloakroom off;
- contemporary high gloss fitted kitchen with quartz worktops, a gas-fired Rayburn and integrated appliances including a dishwasher, fridge/freezer and under-counter fridge. Space for a range-style cooker. Window to the front with a lovely outlook over the garden;
- dining room, open plan to the kitchen, with a wide bay window incorporating double French doors out to the South-facing garden terrace and a marble fireplace with slate slips and hearth. Gothic-style pointed bay and oriel windows either side of the fireplace giving a view out to the front garden;
- drawing room with two sets of double French doors to the garden terrace and a stone fireplace with slate slips and hearth;
- boot room with built-in cupboard, a quarry-tiled floor, windows to the rear and a door out to the side;
- utility room with fitted cupboards under woodblock worktops, a 1 ½ bowl ceramic sink and drainer and space for appliances;
- sitting room with a wide window to the front giving a delightful view of the garden;
- dual-aspect master bedroom with a vaulted ceiling, exposed wooden floorboards and an outlook over the garden to fields to the West;
- three further double bedrooms, all with fitted cupboards, and two family bathrooms complete the accommodation.
The property is well-placed within its pretty cottage gardens, giving a delightful outlook from all principal rooms. The garden is divided up into several distinct areas, each surrounded by well-stocked border beds, planted for colour, texture and movement, providing screening and offering a variety of views. Additional screening in the front garden is achieved by means of espaliered apple trees supported on weathered iron post and rail supports.
Access from Hungershall Park is via a wrought iron pedestrian gate opening onto a brick path leading to the front door and double wooden gates opening onto a block-paved driveway, providing parking for two to three cars. A single garage provides further parking towards the northernmost boundary of the garden. The property also benefits from a gate onto Cabbage Stalk Lane, giving a direct link to the footpaths heading across Tunbridge Wells Common towards the town.
Services: Mains gas-fired central heating. Mains water, electricity and drainage.
Outgoings: Tunbridge Wells Borough Council - 01892 521262. Tax band G.
Agent's note: The photographs were taken in June 2013.
VIEWING Strictly by appointment with Savills on 01892 507000. If there is any point which is of particular importance to you, we invite you to discuss this with us, especially before you travel to view the property.
Savills, their clients and any joint agents give notice that:
1. They have no authority to make or give any representations or warranties in relation to the property. These particulars do not form part of any offer or contract and must not be relied upon as statements or r epresentations of fact.
2. Any areas, measurements or distances are approximate. The text, photographs and plans are for guidance only and are not necessarily comprehensive. It should not be assumed that the property has all necessary planning, building regulation or other consents and Savills have not tested any services, equipment or facilities. Purchasers must satisfy themselves by inspection or otherwise.
Square Footage: 3,129 sq ft
Acreage: 0.32 Acres
From central Tunbridge Wells, head South on the A26 London Road. Pass over the first mini-roundabout and, at the second mini-roundabout, turn right up Major York's Road. Take the first left into Hungershall Park, continuing round the left-hand bend, following which The Stables will be found after a short distance on the left-hand side, on the corner of Cabbage Stalk Lane.
More information from this agent
To view this media, please visit the on-line version of this page at www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-61414349.html
Energy Performance Certificate (EPC) graphs
Map & Street View
Street View is unavailable in this location
Disclaimer - Property reference TUS160325. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Savills, Tunbridge Wells. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.