5 bedroom character property for saleWoodbyth Road, Peterborough
Offers in Excess of £730,000
- Approx 4000 sq. ft - Non-listed - Beautiful character features
- Good proximity to City Centre facilities & mainline train station
- Drawing room - Dining hall - Orangery
- Five bedrooms - en-suite to the master
- Oversized double garage with additional room above
- Mature landscaped gardens with patio & seating areas
The Hythe is a beautifully presented character property, magnificently extended by Thompson, the renowned church and cathedral restorer. This impressive five bedroom family home has been much improved by the current owners and extends to approximately 4000 sq. ft. with a wealth of character.......
The Hythe has been magnificently extended by Thompson, the renowned church and cathedral restorer. This impressive five bedroom family home has been much improved by the current owners and extends to approximately 4000 sq. ft. with a wealth of character and original features including exposed beams, a beautiful galleried entrance hall, fireplaces and high ceilings throughout. The accommodation is spacious and flexible and has an impressive dining hall, drawing room, sitting room, orangery, large kitchen/dining room, cloakroom, pantry and full height dry cellar. On the first floor an impressive galleried landing gives access to five double bedrooms with en-suite to master and a family bathroom. Outside there are good sized gardens, an oversized garage with a workshop (potential office) above, with power and lighting connected.
The property is entered by the vestibule with stone steps leading into the impressive dining hall, with large fully beamed walls and ceiling and a galleried landing above, a beautiful fireplace and oak flooring. From the entrance hall there is access to the rear of the property into the kitchen and lobby, access to the right into the formal drawing room with original cornice picture rail and plaster, ornamental fireplace and large bay window overlooking the garden. The inner lobby gives access to a further sitting room with feature fireplace, cornice, picture rail and windows overlooking the garden. To the rear of the lobby is the downstairs cloakroom and access through to the large kitchen/dining room. The kitchen has solid wooden units, a gaggenau cooker with six ring hob, wood burner, wooden flooring, pantry and a door with stairs leading down to the cellar, there is also access from the kitchen to a utility cupboard and the orangery situated at the rear of the property, with double glazed glass roof and French doors giving access to the formal garden and patio.
A beautiful galleried landing with feature wood panel and beam wall, stained glass roof light and original cornice gives access to two large double bedrooms at the front of the property. The master suite has a feature bay window, cornice and coving and access to the recently re-fitted en-suite, with a claw footed slipper bath, large corner shower cubicle, WC and limestone tiles. The further three bedrooms are accessed to the rear of the landing, with one having a cast iron fireplace. There is also a large five piece family bathroom, comprising a claw footed roll top bath, high flush WC, enclosed shower cubicle, his and her pedestal wash hand basins and limestone tiled flooring.
Dining hall - 24'9 x 19'
Sitting room - 29'3 x 22'9
Drawing room - 23' x 14'6
Kitchen/Breakfast - 24'8 x 18'
Cellar - 18'2 x 18'2
Orangery - 36' x 15'2
Master bedroom - 16'8 x 16'4
Bedroom two - 19'6 x 13'7
Bedroom three - 20'6 x 12'5
Bedroom four - 18'5 x 12'4
Bedroom five/Office - 22'1 x 13'1
Family bathroom - 17' x 11'2
Double garage - 25' x 16'10
Beautifully landscaped mature gardens surround the property to the side and rear, with a variety of patio and seating areas and paving, a decking giving access to the sitting room and a large detached double garage with further workshop area with the garage having a large storage area above, with vellux window and lighting and power points.
Woodbyth is a popular and central location within Peterborough, situated close to the City Centre which is approximately 2 miles away and has the main shopping district, including a diverse range of restaurants and eateries, extensive retail opportunity, medical centre, the historic Cathedral and also with the main line train station providing fast and frequent rail links into London Kings Cross, with an advertised journey time of around 50 minutes. Ferry Meadows Country Park can be found nearby and offers, walking and cycling routes as well as extensive outdoor recreational activities such as water sports, golf courses, children's play parks and cafes. With the beautiful open rolling countryside of Cambridgeshire, Northamptonshire, Rutland and Norfolk all very accessible.
1. MONEY LAUNDERING REGULATIONS: Intending purchasers will be asked to produce identification documentation at a later stage and we would ask for your co-operation in order that there will be no delay in agreeing the sale.
2. General: While we endeavour to make our sales particulars fair, accurate and reliable, they are only a general guide to the property and, accordingly, if there is any point which is of particular importance to you, please contact the office and we will be pleased to check the position for you, especially if you are contemplating travelling some distance to view the property.
3. Measurements: These approximate room sizes are only intended as general guidance. You must verify the dimensions carefully before ordering carpets or any built-in furniture.
4. Services: Please note we have not tested the services or any of the equipment or appliances in this property, accordingly we strongly advise prospective buyers to commission their own survey or service reports before finalising their offer to purchase.
5. THESE PARTICULARS ARE ISSUED IN GOOD FAITH BUT DO NOT CONSTITUTE REPRESENTATIONS OF FACT OR FORM PART OF ANY OFFER OR CONTRACT. THE MATTERS REFERRED TO IN THESE PARTICULARS SHOULD BE INDEPENDENTLY VERIFIED BY PROSPECTIVE BUYERS OR TENANTS. NEITHER SHARMAN QUINNEY NOR ANY OF ITS EMPLOYEES OR AGENTS HAS ANY AUTHORITY TO MAKE OR GIVE ANY REPRESENTATION OR WARRANTY WHATEVER IN RELATION TO THIS PROPERTY.
More information from this agent
To view this media, please visit the on-line version of this page at www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-61464548.html?premiumA=true
Energy Performance Certificate (EPC) graphs
- Peterborough (1.3 mi)
Nearest schoolsUse the school checker
To view this property or request more details, contact:
Map & Street View
Street View is unavailable in this location
- Peterborough (1.3 mi)
To view this property or request more details, contact:
There are no nearby secondary schools found.
Due to the frequency with which Inspection bodies, such as Ofsted, provide us with updates, there could be a delay of up to 8 weeks between a rating being updated and it being displayed on Rightmove. This data is provided for informational purposes only and Rightmove plc does not accept any liability for decisions based on this data. The data is sourced from 192.com. 192.com Ltd. does not accept responsibility for any inference or conclusion derived from the data by third parties.
Disclaimer - Property reference HUC101068. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Hurfords, Peterborough. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.