6 bedroom detached house for saleIsland Road, Sturry, Canterbury, Kent
Sold STC £550,000
- 4 bedroom detached house
- Planning for conversion to 5 bedroom detached house
- 2 bedroom annex with planning for 3rd bedroom
- Close to Sturry railway station
- Convenient for train to London
- EPC energy rating E (42)
Few substantial properties on the market in this area also have a fully detached annex offering a multitude of additional living accommodation opportunities but this superb home with annex is one that must not be overlooked. In addition, planning permission has just been approved under Canterbury City Council 16/01193 for the 4 bedroom detached main property to become a 5 bedroom house, plus alterations including additional cloakroom and conversions of the en-suite, family bathroom, front bedroom, 2nd floor loft room and utility room. The annex also has planning for conversion of the garage to a 3rd bedroom, plus alterations to the front entrance and glass walkway joining onto the main house. A new detached garage and driveway alterations are also included in the plans. As it stands, the existing main home and annex are presented to a very high standard and with Sturry railway station just a short walk from the property, those requiring quick access into Canterbury City Centre and train routes to London will not be disappointed. The current 4 bedroom detached home currently already offers spacious accommodation and the 2 large reception rooms and large conservatory currently offer flexible living arrangements. The large kitchen/diner provides convenient family dining and the main building loft room is ideal for those working for home or as a great study area.Please contact the branch for details of approved floor plans for 4 bed detached property.
What the Owner says:
We fell in love with this home and the flexible accommodation it offers with the annex when we first saw it. It is only due to an overseas job relocation that we have had to decide to sell. Prior to this, we submitted a planning application which has just been approved, to add significantly to our already spacious home and it will be great that the new owners will get to benefit from this. The annex is superb for visitor accommodation, older children for their own space and sleep-overs, a home worker or parents who sell up and want independent living but with family close at hand. Additional planning could see it being used as holiday accommodation for visitors to Canterbury or student accommodation.
- Entrance Hall: 17'1 x 5'6 (5.21m x 1.68m)
- Kitchen/Breakfast Area: 16'5 x 12'11 (5.01m x 3.94m)
- Cloakroom: 4'2 x 2'0 (1.27m x 0.61m)
- Utility Room: 4'3 x 3'3 (1.30m x 0.99m)
- Lounge Area: 17'11 x 14'2 (5.46m x 4.32m)
- Garden Room: 17'3 x 13'3 (5.26m x 4.04m)
- Study/Dining Room: 17'11 into bay x 5'3 (5.46m x 1.60m)
- Landing: 15'9 x 3'3 (4.80m x 0.99m)
- Bedroom 3: 12'6 x 11'4 (3.81m x 3.46m)
- En-suite Shower Room: 7'10 x 2'5 (2.39m x 0.74m)
- Bedroom 1: 14'3 x 11'7 (4.35m x 3.53m)
- Bedroom 2: 13'4 x 11'7 (4.07m x 3.53m)
- Bedroom 4: 18'1 x 15'0 (5.52m x 4.58m) narrowing to 6'8 x 7'11 (2.03m x 2.41m)
- Kitchen: 10'9 x 7'5 (3.28m x 2.26m)
- Lounge/Dining Room: 24'8 x 9'9 (7.52m x 2.97m)
- Shower Room: 7'6 x 3'0 (2.29m x 0.92m)
- Utility Room
- Landing: 6'9 x 5'5 (2.06m x 1.65m)
- Bedroom 1: 12'8 x 10'3 (3.86m x 3.13m)
- Bathroom: 7'9 x 3'10 (2.36m x 1.17m)
- Bedroom 2: 12'8 x 7'0 (3.86m x 2.14m)
- Front Garden
- Rear Garden
The information provided about this property does not constitute or form part of an offer or contract, nor may be it be regarded as representations. All interested parties must verify accuracy and your solicitor must verify tenure/lease information, fixtures & fittings and, where the property has been extended/converted, planning/building regulation consents. All dimensions are approximate and quoted for guidance only as are floor plans which are not to scale and their accuracy cannot be confirmed. Reference to appliances and/or services does not imply that they are necessarily in working order or fit for the purpose.
More information from this agent
To view this media, please visit the on-line version of this page at www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-61474691.html?premiumA=true
Map & Street View
Street View is unavailable in this location
Disclaimer - Property reference 10344346. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Ward & Partners, Canterbury. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.