6 bedroom detached house for saleBrisley, Norfolk
Sold STC £475,000
A period farmhouse ripe for refurbishment overlooking Brisley Common with a range of outbuildings and gardens and grounds of about 1.5 acres. A further 7 acres available.
- Sitting room
- Dining room/Morning room
- Kitchen/Breakfast room
- First floor 5 bedrooms
- 2 Bathrooms (1 en-suite)
- Second floor 2 further bedrooms
- Stables and barns
- Gardens and grounds in about 1.5 acres (stms)
- Further 7.2 acres available
Driving Distances (approx.)
- North Elmham 2 miles
- Dereham 6 miles
- Fakenham 5 miles
- Holt 14 miles
- Norwich 21 miles
Manor Farm stands on Brisley Common in this small unspoilt village. The Common which is owned by the Village is one of the largest in Norfolk and stretches to about 145 acres and contains the village cricket ground. Brisley has an outstanding Primary School and is also in the catchment for Litcham High School which is one of the best Secondary Schools in the area. The Brisley Bell Public House is shortly to re-open. There are local shops and doctor's surgery in North Elmham while the Market Towns of Dereham and Fakenham offer excellent shopping, schools and other facilities. Both the North Norfolk coast and the Norfolk Broads are within easy reach. The Cathedral City of Norwich is 21 miles away and there are mainline railway stations at Norwich, Kings Lynn and Downham Market with regular connections to London and Cambridge.
Manor Farm is a period farmhouse which is thought in parts to date from the 18th century standing in an attractive setting overlooking Brisley Common. The house is mainly of brick construction under a pantile roof and offers the opportunity for refurbishment and updating. The present house has spacious accommodation on three floor and a range of outbuildings, including stables and a large barn which could be converted for garaging etc. The house has the benefit of gardens and grounds in which there is a former swimming pool and paddocks extending to about 1.5 acres.
There is an additional opportunity to purchase a further 7.2 acres adjoining the property which has separate access from the Common or can be accessed from the paddock. It should be noted that the neighbouring property Manor Barn holds a Right of Way to the front of Manor Farm.
Manor Farm is approached over a gravel driveway leading across Brisley Common. The front door leads into the sitting room with inglenook fireplace and exposed beams and a small sitting area beyond. To the side is a study. The rear hall has the staircase with cloakroom off and leads to the library. Beyond this is the morning room/dining room also with exposed beams. There is a good sized kitchen/breakfast room. To the rear is a utility and glazed porch. On the first floor are 5 bedrooms many with fine exposed beams and 2 bathrooms and a further staircase leads to the second floor with 2 good sized bedrooms.
The gravel drive way leads to a good size parking area and a former brick barn which could be turned into garaging etc. There are a range of stables which could easily be demolished. To the other side of the house is a small former dairy which could be converted to an office, studio or annexe.
The gardens are mainly situated to the rear of the property and are at present laid to lawns with a disused swimming pool and beyond this is a paddock. In all the gardens and grounds extend to about 1.5 acres (stms). Beyond these grounds is a further 7 acres (stms) which can be accessed from the common and purchased in addition if required.
The adjoining property Manor Barns have a Right of Way over the drive for access.
Directions NR20 5DW
From Norwich take the A1067 to Fakenham Road and just after Bawdswell turn left onto the B1145 Billingford /King's Lynn road. Follow this road through Billingford and over the cross roads at North Elmham to Brisley. On reaching the Common, Manor Farm will be found on the right hand side just before the Bell Public House.
Breckland Council: Band G, Annual cost: £2,570.58 (2016/17)
Mains water & electricity, septic drainage, oil fired central heating
Fixtures and Fittings
Items regarded as fixtures and fittings including carpets, curtains, light fittings, kitchen appliances and garden ornaments are excluded although these items may be available by separate negotiation.
Strictly by prior appointment with sole agents Jackson-Stops & Staff. If there is any point which is of particular importance to you, we invite you to discuss this with us, especially before you travel to view the property.
1. These particulars have been prepared in good faith as a general guide, they are not exhaustive and include information provided to us by other parties including the seller, not all of which will have been verified by us.
2. We have not carried out a detailed or structural survey; we have not tested any services, appliances or fittings. Measurements, floor plans, orientation and distances are given as approximate only and should not be relied on.
3. The photographs are not necessarily comprehensive or current, aspects may have changed since the photographs were taken. No assumption should be made that any contents are included in the sale.
4. We have not checked that the property has all necessary planning, building regulation approval, statutory or regulatory permissions or consents. Any reference to any alterations or use of any part of the property does not mean that necessary planning, building regulations, or other consent has been obtained.
5. Prospective purchasers should satisfy themselves by inspection, searches, enquiries, surveys, and professional advice about all relevant aspects of the property.
6. These particulars do not form part of any offer or contract and must not be relied upon as statements or representations of fact; we have no authority to make or give any representation or warranties in relation to the property. If these are required, you should include their terms in any contract between you and the seller.
More information from this agent
To view this media, please visit the on-line version of this page at www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-61503476.html
Energy Performance Certificate (EPC) graphs
Map & Street View
Street View is unavailable in this location
Disclaimer - Property reference NOR140032. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Jackson-Stops, Norwich. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.