2 bedroom apartment for saleTweed Walk, London, E14
- 2 bathrooms
- Spectacular City canal and river views
- Triple aspect living room
- High specification throughout with Underfloor heating
- Canal side location in a Great neighbourhood
- Underground station 4 minutes away and DLR station 7 minutes away.
- One year old building with 998 year lease and low service charge (£800 annual charge for 2015)
- Fully fitted kitchen units and integrated appliances
- Mood lighting
- Approx 90 sq m (968 sq ft)
A large (90 sq m) and bright 2 bedroom 2 bathroom apartment on the 10th floor of a new, super modern canalside development. Triple aspect living room and stunning views of the City skyline (The Shard, The Gherkin, The London Eye etc), the Limehouse Cut Canal and River Lea. Zone 2 tube/ underground station 4 minutes away with quick & easy access to central London. Bus stop on the doorstep and 2 DLR stations very nearby too. High specification throughout (e.g. underfloor heating, stone worktops, heat recovery ventilation system). Low service charge (£800 paid in 2015).
The architecturally impressive building is a year and a half old and the apartment has only been lived in for part of the time and has been maintained to a very high standard.
Rooms and Aspect:
The living/dining room is delightful and is surrounded on three sides by floor to ceiling windows, and has West, North, and East facing aspects. To the West is the view of the City skyline, including The Shard, The Gherkin, The Cheesegrater, The Walkie Talkie, a section of The London Eye and even a bit of the Houses of Parliament. One can look South-West all the way down the canal to Limehouse Basin from the apartment. To the North you look towards Stratford and can see parts of the Olympic Stadium/Village including the top of the Anish Kapoor "Orbit" sculpture which looks lovely lit up red at night. And on the horizon are the hills of Hampstead and Highgate. To the East is a view of the River Lee. To the South East you can see parts of the O2 Arena/ Millenium Dome, the Emirates airline cable car over the Thames, and on the horizon is the hill of Greenwich. Due to the triple aspect of the apartment one can enjoy both the sunrise and sunset, both of which are sights to behold, especially the sun setting behind the City skyline. There is an open plan "island" style kitchen with full size fridge freezer, dish washer, washer dryer, stainless steel oven, ceramic hob, stainless steel extractor hood and stone worktops. The large sheltered balcony with an exposed brick wall comes off the living area and has the same aspects.
There are two bedrooms with wool carpets. The master is a very large size and can comfortably fit a queen size bed, the second bedroom comfortably fitting a king size bed. The master bedroom has a built in mirrored wardrobe and an ensuite bathroom with a large walk in shower, and there is also the main bathroom with a bath. Both bathrooms have large storage closets. The two bedrooms and ensuite bathroom have easterly aspects from floor to ceiling windows. There are also two separate large storage cupboards entered from the hallway.
- Underground bicycle storage
- Communal gardens overlooking the canal
- Under-floor heating
- 998 year lease remaining
Security and Warranties:
- Video entryphone system
- Looped recorded CCTV system to common areas
- 8.5 years remaining NHBC warranty
- 6 months remaining 24/7 emergency cover/ developer's warranty for defects
- Smooth finish to all walls and ceilings, painted in subtle white emulsion
- White satinwood finish to doors and woodwork
- A range of contemporary fitted units from London designer Urban Myth with a mix of wood and matte finishes
- Enginnered stone worktops
- Glass splashbacks
- Feature lighting under wall units
- Fully integrated Smeg appliances: stainless steel oven, ceramic hob, extractor hood, dishwasher, fridge/freezer, washer/dryer
Bath and Ensuite Shower Rooms:
- Remote controllable colour changing mood lighting
- Pure white bathroom suites with chrome taps and mixers
- Bath with thermostatic mixer shower and glazed screen
- Bespoke cabinetry with built in storage and low voltage socket
- Large walk in shower enclosure to ensuite
- Contemporary ceramic and porcelain tiling
- Towel rails
Fixtures and Fittings:
- Fitted wardrobe to master bedroom with sliding mirrored doors
- Satin chrome door handles and light switches
- Recessed downlights to kitchen and bathrooms
- Sky+, TV and telephone outlets to living room, with TV outlets to all bedrooms.
- Fast optical broadband internet point
- Heat Recovery Ventilation system keeping humidity low, recycling heat for energy efficiency and always bringing in fresh filtered air.
- Remote controllable colour-changing mood lighting to living room and bathrooms
- Kitchen, living room and hallway in oak shade wood laminate
- Contemporary ceramic tiling to bathroom and ensuite shower room
- Bedrooms carpeted in warm neutral colour tone wool carpets.
This is a very interesting and diverse part of London which is steeped in history and is undergoing rapid development and regeneration and therefore represents a fantastic investment opportunity.
The Limehouse Cut Canal and the River Lee provide fantastic walking or cycling routes. Limehouse Cut Canal towpath South West to Limehouse Basin (and then e.g. River Thames Path to central London or by bike on the Cycle Superhighway 3). Limehouse Cut/River Lea North to Stratford. River Lea south to River Thames.
4 minute walk to Sainsburys Local supermarket. 7 minute walk to huge Tesco Superstore at Three Mills. 5 minute walk to pharmacy. Westfield Stratford City shopping centre (the largest shopping mall in Europe) at Stratford, two stops away. Canary Wharf, two stops away. Pubs: 3 minute walk to the Galvanisers Union (where they do excellent food, have live music and host a pub quiz) and a 7 minute walk to the Widow's Son which has recently been rennovated into a live music and cocktail bar. There is an abundance of lovely green parks in the area (the most prominent of which being Victoria Park) and endless amusements, restaurants, bars, sights, markets etc in the greater East London area. There is a new art music and film centre under construction opposite Bromely-by-Bow tube station which is going to house a theatre which will seat 400 people. Also, reflecting the general trend of waterside (canal or riverside) industrial spaces being bought up and redeveloped into luxury flats in the area, there is a huge industrial estate next to the River Lea one minute away which has plans to be developed into a variety of around 16 buildings, much of it residential new builds, but also commercial space for e.g. cafes, restaurants etc. Many other similar spaces around the Limehouse Cut Canal and River Lea have been developed in a similar way, or will be developed in the near future.
Bromely-by-Bow Underground station (4 minute walk away) is in zone 2 and has the District and Hammersmith and City lines running through it and from there you are extremely well connected to the rest of London. Also Central line from Mile End (2 stops away) or Jubilee line from West Ham (1 stop away).
Langdon Park and Devons Road DLR stations are also a short walk away.
Santander Cycles (London bicycle hire scheme otherwise known as the "Boris Bike") are on Teviot Street 2 minutes away. The canal tow path is great for cycling
Buses: 108, 323 with bus stops on the doorstep.
Energy Performance Certificates (EPCs)
To view this media, please visit the on-line version of this page at www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-61574600.html?premiumA=true
Map & Street View
Street View is unavailable in this location
Disclaimer - Property reference HSS52954. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Housesimple Online Estate Agents, Nationwide. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.