4 bedroom detached house for saleEast Street, Chiselborough, Stoke-Sub-Hamdon
Sold STC £435,000
- Four Bedrooms
- Detached Cottage
- Character Features
- Two Reception Rooms
- Detached Barn/Garage
- Village Location
A four bedroom detached character cottage situated in this sought after village. The property, which must be seen, offers good size accommodation and would benefit from some updating. Ouside there is a detached stone barn and gardens.
An opportunity to purchase an attractive Hamstone cottage with original parts dating back c. 300 years. Some of the period features include an inglenook fireplace, beams and Hamstone mullion windows. Woodland and gardens surround three sides of the building. It is also being sold with a barn that has four good sized rooms and its own rear garden. The property is in need of some TLC. Viewing is a must.
Single glazed front door. Storage cupboard with meter. Doors to living room, study and bathroom.
Dining Room 14' 7" x 12' 8" max ( 4.45m x 3.86m max )
Front and side aspect single glazed window. Hamstone inglenook fireplace. Door to kitchen. Night storage heater.
Sitting Room 17' 11" x 14' 5" narrowing to 10' 2" ( 5.46m x 4.39m narrowing to 3.10m )
Front and side aspect single glazed window. Fireplace with Calor Gas. Under stairs cupboard. Door to kitchen. Door to stairs rising to first floor. Telephone point and TV aerial point. Night storage heater.
Kitchen / Diner 22' 4" x 7' 9" ( 6.81m x 2.36m )
Side and rear aspect single glazed windows. Fitted with a range of base and wall units. Tiled work surfaces incorporating a one and a half bowl sink and drainer. Tiled splashbacks. Electric oven and ceramic hob with cooker hood over. Plumbing for washing machine and dishwasher. Tumble dryer. Space for fridge/freezer. Built-in seating and table. Hatch to loft space. Telephone point. Two floor level heaters. Door to garden and shower room.
Shower Room 10' 3" x 8' 8" ( 3.12m x 2.64m )
Fitted with a shower/steam cubicle with electric shower. Night storage heater.
Fitted with a suite comprising a bath with shower over, wash hand basin with vanity unit and WC. Extractor fan. Shaver point. Part tiled.
Rear aspect single glazed skylight. Stairs from living room. Airing cupboard. Access to loft.
Bedroom 1 12' 9" plus wardrobe x 11' 4" into recess ( 3.89m plus wardrobe x 3.45m into recess )
Front and side aspect single glazed window. Built-in wardrobe.
Rear aspect skylight. Fitted with a shower cubicle with electric shower, wash hand basin with vanity unit and WC. Shaver point. Wall heaters.
Bedroom 2 15' 1" x 10' 9" ( 4.60m x 3.28m )
Front and side aspect single glazed windows. Night storage heater.
Bedroom 3 9' 1" x 9' ( 2.77m x 2.74m )
Front aspect single glazed window.
Bedroom 4 8' 6" x 8' 3" ( 2.59m x 2.51m )
Front aspect single glazed window.
Barn Room 1 / Garage 18' 6" x 14' 10" ( 5.64m x 4.52m )
Double doors lead to garage. Detached Hamstone building with garden located over the road from Hillview.
Barn Room 2 15' 3" x 12' 1" ( 4.65m x 3.68m )
Door from street level leads to a room at the rear of the garage.
Barn Room 3 15' 3" x 14' 8" ( 4.65m x 4.47m )
Steps at side of building lead up to a door into rooms 3 and 4, and the garden. Front aspect Mullion window and rear aspect single glazed window.
Barn Room 4 16' 7" x 15' 2" ( 5.05m x 4.62m )
Front aspect Mullion window and fear aspect single glazed window. Outside the barn is a good size enclosed garden.
The property is surrounded on three sides by gardens. The side offers an enclosed lawned garden, the other side and rear offers terraced areas accessed via steps.
From Crewkerne town centre, proceed north on the A356 towards the A303; continue for approximately three miles and turn right signposted Chiselborough. Proceed into the village, passing The Cat Head Inn. Continue until the road forks, take the left hand fork (signposted Odcombe) and then the second turning on the left. The cottage can be found at the top of the lane.
1. MONEY LAUNDERING REGULATIONS: Intending purchasers will be asked to produce identification documentation at a later stage and we would ask for your co-operation in order that there will be no delay in agreeing the sale.
2. General: While we endeavour to make our sales particulars fair, accurate and reliable, they are only a general guide to the property and, accordingly, if there is any point which is of particular importance to you, please contact the office and we will be pleased to check the position for you, especially if you are contemplating travelling some distance to view the property.
3. Measurements: These approximate room sizes are only intended as general guidance. You must verify the dimensions carefully before ordering carpets or any built-in furniture.
4. Services: Please note we have not tested the services or any of the equipment or appliances in this property, accordingly we strongly advise prospective buyers to commission their own survey or service reports before finalising their offer to purchase.
5. THESE PARTICULARS ARE ISSUED IN GOOD FAITH BUT DO NOT CONSTITUTE REPRESENTATIONS OF FACT OR FORM PART OF ANY OFFER OR CONTRACT. THE MATTERS REFERRED TO IN THESE PARTICULARS SHOULD BE INDEPENDENTLY VERIFIED BY PROSPECTIVE BUYERS OR TENANTS. NEITHER SEQUENCE (UK) LIMITED NOR ANY OF ITS EMPLOYEES OR AGENTS HAS ANY AUTHORITY TO MAKE OR GIVE ANY REPRESENTATION OR WARRANTY WHATEVER IN RELATION TO THIS PROPERTY.
More information from this agent
To view this media, please visit the on-line version of this page at www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-61574813.html?premiumA=true
Energy Performance Certificate (EPC) graphs
Map & Street View
Street View is unavailable in this location
Disclaimer - Property reference CRK103195. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Fox & Sons, Crewkerne. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.