Land for saleThe Ballington Manor Estate, Wylye Valley, Wiltshire, BA12
Sold STC 1,127 ac. | £17,500,000
- 1,127 acres (456.1 hectares)
- Sold 2016
- Grade II listed Manor House
- Mill house with annexe
- 7 further dwellings
- Traditional courtyard
- Renowned partridge & pheasant shoot
- Chalk fishing on River Wylye
- Productive arable land
- Grassland and woodland
A truly outstanding agricultural Estate with internationally renowned partridge and pheasant shoot and chalk stream fishing in the Wylye Valley. In all about 1,127 acres (456 hectares).
Salisbury 10 miles (London Waterloo from 88 minutes), Warminster 10 miles, Bath 29 miles, Heathrow Airport 76 miles, London 92 miles (all mileages and times are approximate)
The Ballington Manor Estate is located in the Wylye Valley being easily accessible by road and rail, and has excellent communication links being just one mile from the A303, which provides access to London (via the M3). The A36 gives a direct route to the Cathedral City of Salisbury with a regular train service to London Waterloo (from 88 minutes).
Close to the World Heritage Sites of Stonehenge and Avebury, the Estate also forms part of the Cranborne Chase and West Wiltshire Downs Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty known for its chalk streams and unspoilt countryside.
The Ballington Manor Estate is an exceptional agricultural and sporting estate lying in the picturesque Wylye Valley. A combination of outstanding game shooting, chalk stream fishing and productive agricultural land, the Estate boasts wonderful undulating terrain typical of this Wiltshire valley. This profitable farming enterprise has been recognised for its conservation work having won the prestigious Silver Lapwing award in 2002.
There is a fine principal Manor House approached via a tree-lined private drive with traditional Elizabethan style gardens designed by Penelope Hobhouse MBE. Additionally, there is a Mill House with annexe, 7 further dwellings and a courtyard of 6 commercial offices converted from traditional farm buildings, all assisting to provide a diverse income stream.
For Sale by private treaty as a whole or in two lots.
If you would like a copy of the sales particulars, estate plan or to arrange a viewing, please contact Alex Lawson or Louise Harrison on 0207 016 3780.
Acreage: 1127 Acres
Energy Performance Certificate (EPC) graphs
- View 1 Ballington for this property See full size version online
- View Lews Cottage for this property See full size version online
- View Mill House for this property See full size version online
- View 3 Ballington for this property See full size version online
- View 4 Ballington for this property See full size version online
- View 5 Ballington for this property See full size version online
- View The Bungalow for this property See full size version online
- View Yarnbury Lodge for this property See full size version online
Map & Street View
Street View is unavailable in this location
Disclaimer - Property reference LAR160024. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Savills, Country Department. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
* This is the maximum possible speed. Broadband speed may be lower at peak times and can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed you receive where you live may be lower than that listed above. Fibre/cable services at your postcode are subject to availability. You can confirm availability on the provider's website. The information is provided and maintained by comparethemarket.com
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.