3 bedroom detached house for saleKing Street, Leighton Buzzard
Sold STC £450,000
- Central Location
- Walking Distance to Mainline Station
- Character Property
- Two Cellar Rooms
- Amazing Garden and Studio
- Originally Two Separate Cottages
NO UPPER CHAIN - WALKING DISTANCE TO MAINLINE STATION - CELLAR ROOMS, OUTBUILDINGS and STUDIO. Situated off of PLANTATION ROAD, just a short walk from the town centre and within a mile of the railway station is this impressive family home boasting character and charm.
NO UPPER CHAIN, DETACHED FAMILY HOME, CENTRAL LOCATION, WALKING DISTANCE TO MAINLINE STATION, CELLAR ROOMS, OUTBUILDINGS and STUDIO. Situated off of PLANTATION ROAD and just a short walk from the town centre and within a mile of the railway station is this impressive family home boasting character and charm. Comprising: entrance porch, large lounge, dining area, kitchen, study/bedroom four and stairs leading down to both cellar rooms. First floor landing, three bedrooms and family bathroom. Outside is a beautifully mature rear garden with raised patio area, decking, good sized lawn, ample outside storage with three brick built outbuildings, carport providing parking for four cars and a studio.
Entrance Gained Via
Main front door into:
Two double glazed windows to front, tiled floor, storage cupboard. Door to:
Sitting Room 25' 4" x 10' 9" ( 7.72m x 3.28m )
Two double glazed bay windows to the front. Exposed floorboards, fireplace with log burner, gas fireplace with cupboards either side, T.V. and telephone points, radiator, stairs rising to the first floor. Opens into:
Dining Area 9' 8" x 9' 5" ( 2.95m x 2.87m )
Exposed floorboards, radiator and door to cellar.
Kitchen 18' 7" x 8' 9" ( 5.66m x 2.67m )
Fitted with wall and base units with granite and solid oak work surfaces over, butler sink with tiling to splash back area, space for Rangemaster cooker, extractor fan, integrated fridge/freezer, space for microwave, wall mounted combination boiler, plumbing for a washing machine, ceiling down-lighters, two Velux windows, double glazed windows to side and rear aspects, double glazed door to side and double glazed French doors to rear aspect, two radiators.
Study / Bedroom Four 9' 9" x 9' 6" ( 2.97m x 2.90m )
Currently being used as a study but could be used as a ground floor bedroom, built-in storage units and shelving, telephone point, Virginmedia point, radiator. Door to:
Fitted with a white suite to comprise: Wash hand basin and w.c., vinyl flooring, two storage cupboards, ceiling down-lighters, extractor fan.
Cellar 25' 4" x 9' 8" ( 7.72m x 2.95m )
Divided into two areas. Area 1 is 12' 7" max x 9' 8". Area 2 is 12' 6" max x 9' 9". With power and light, electric fan heater.
First Floor Landing
Access to loft hatch via ladder and with a light, radiator, storage cupboard with slatted shelving, double glazed window to rear. Doors to upstairs accommodation.
Bedroom One 12' 5" max x 11' ( 3.78m max x 3.35m )
Double glazed window to front aspect, fitted wardrobes, radiator.
Bedroom Two 12' 5" max x 11' ( 3.78m max x 3.35m )
Dado rail, radiator, double glazed window to front aspect.
Bedroom Three 10' x 9' 7" ( 3.05m x 2.92m )
Picture rail, double glazed window to rear aspect, radiator.
Fitted with a white suite to comprise: Panelled bath with thermostat controlled shower over and shower screen, pedestal wash hand basin, w.c and heated towel rail. Tiling to splash back areas, radiator, dado rail, double glazed obscure window to side and rear aspects.
Steps up to front door with wrought iron railings, raised bed with slate chippings. Sheltered car port to the side, providing off road parking for 4 cars.
Mature and well established rear garden. Mainly laid to lawn with an abundance of flower and shrubs and fruit trees, three brick outbuildings and numerous seating areas including an elevated patio area. Studio, gated side access to the car port.
Double glazed and insulated, power and lights with integrated storage cupboards.
Originally built as a pair of two-up-two-down cottages in the 1870s, James Dolton, the first owner-occupier christened one of them "Norfolk Cottage". This was not inspired by the lavender growing at the front of the house, but, rather exotically by Norfolk Island in the Pacific where his daughter was born. The house was later the home of the much-loved George Reeve who was Leighton Buzzard's Salvation Army bandmaster for 48 years. George oversaw the conversion of the cottages into one property in the 1950s. The property has changed considerably since then, but still retains evidence of its former layout and continues to be known as "Norfolk Cottage".
1. MONEY LAUNDERING REGULATIONS: Intending purchasers will be asked to produce identification documentation at a later stage and we would ask for your co-operation in order that there will be no delay in agreeing the sale.
2. General: While we endeavour to make our sales particulars fair, accurate and reliable, they are only a general guide to the property and, accordingly, if there is any point which is of particular importance to you, please contact the office and we will be pleased to check the position for you, especially if you are contemplating travelling some distance to view the property.
3. Measurements: These approximate room sizes are only intended as general guidance. You must verify the dimensions carefully before ordering carpets or any built-in furniture.
4. Services: Please note we have not tested the services or any of the equipment or appliances in this property, accordingly we strongly advise prospective buyers to commission their own survey or service reports before finalising their offer to purchase.
5. THESE PARTICULARS ARE ISSUED IN GOOD FAITH BUT DO NOT CONSTITUTE REPRESENTATIONS OF FACT OR FORM PART OF ANY OFFER OR CONTRACT. THE MATTERS REFERRED TO IN THESE PARTICULARS SHOULD BE INDEPENDENTLY VERIFIED BY PROSPECTIVE BUYERS OR TENANTS. NEITHER SEQUENCE (UK) LIMITED NOR ANY OF ITS EMPLOYEES OR AGENTS HAS ANY AUTHORITY TO MAKE OR GIVE ANY REPRESENTATION OR WARRANTY WHATEVER IN RELATION TO THIS PROPERTY.
More information from this agent
To view this media, please visit the on-line version of this page at www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-61590992.html?premiumA=true
Energy Performance Certificate (EPC) graphs
Map & Street View
Street View is unavailable in this location
Disclaimer - Property reference LBZ103911. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Brown & Merry, Leighton Buzzard. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.