5 bedroom semi-detached house for saleLamberhurst Road, Horsmonden, Tonbridge, Kent, TN12
Sold STC £895,000
- attached period family house
- delightful mature garden
- 5 bedrooms
- 2 reception rooms
- 3,576 sq ft
- 3 bathrooms
- study and office
- enclosed rear garden
- attached double garage
- EPC Rating = E
A character attached family house with a delightful mature garden, well-placed for schools and commuting within this sought-after village
Horsmonden is a delightful and historic village with an active local community, a primary school, tennis club, church, pub and the celebrated Heath Stores. Goudhurst (about 3.3 miles) offers further local amenities. Paddock Wood, with its mainline station, bus terminal and good shopping (including a Waitrose) is about 4.6 miles, whilst Tunbridge Wells (about 8.3 miles) and Tonbridge (about 9.4 miles) offer more comprehensive facilities.
State and private schools: Horsmonden Primary School in the village. Preparatory schools include Dulwich Prep (Cranbrook), Marlborough House and St Ronan's (Hawkhurst) and the schools at Somerhill, near Tonbridge. Secondary schools include Kent College (Pembury), and grammar schools in Tonbridge, Tunbridge Wells, Maidstone and Cranbrook. Independent secondary schools in Sevenoaks, Tonbridge and Benenden.
Communications: The A21 (about 2.3 miles) links North to the M25 and thereby to London, the national motorway network, Gatwick and Heathrow Airports, whilst Ashford International Station (about 25.7 miles) and the Channel Tunnel (about 39.1 miles) lie to the East.
- entrance porch
- entrance hall
- drawing room
- dining room
- kitchen/breakfast room
- utility room
- master bedroom en suite
- 2 further first floor double bedrooms
- family bathroom
- second floor landing
- 4 second floor rooms
- cellar store room
- front and rear gardens
- attached double garage
- driveway parking
- about 0.23 acres
- EPC = E
Remingtons Farmhouse is an attractive attached period property on the southern fringes of this popular Kent village with its award-winning village shop. The property benefits from elegant proportions, with high ceilings and generous room sizes, with the added advantage of annexe potential. The farmhouse has been in the same ownership, serving as a much-loved family home, for over 20 years. The property is well-positioned in this popular village, with the village shop and the primary school within half a mile to the Northeast, whilst Paddock Wood mainline station, offering commuters frequent services to London Charing Cross, Cannon Street and London Bridge from around 50 minutes, is just 4.6 miles to the Northwest. Further points of note include:
- character features including timber-framed sash windows to the front, aged beams and painted wood panel internal doors;
- spacious dual-aspect sitting room featuring a wide inglenook fireplace with flagstone hearth fitted with a woodburning stove, a square bay window to the front and a French door to the South-facing garden terrace;
- charming dining room with an outlook over the front garden, a brick fireplace and built-in cupboards;
- a door leads from the dining room to an office which links through to a study with a cloakroom off and independent access to the driveway;
- fitted kitchen/breakfast room with a lovely view and stable door out to the rear garden. Integrated appliances include an electric oven, a ceramic hob with concealed extractor over. Space for a dishwasher and a freestanding fridge/freezer;
- separate utility room with fitted wall cupboards and space for white goods;
- dual-aspect master bedroom with bucolic views to the South over hop gardens and an en suite shower room;
- two further double bedrooms and a family bathroom on the first floor;
- second floor, currently arranged as a generous landing area with a suite of two rooms to each side, incorporating a bedroom and sitting room each, and a well-appointed bathroom, forming an ideal space for teenagers or extended family.
Remingtons Farmhouse sits well back from the road, the driveway sweeping round to a parking area in front of the double garage which is attached on the road side to the neighbouring oast.
The mature front garden provides a lovely setting for the house, with lawns bounded by colourful mixed border beds and interspersed with specimen trees, including a stately Scots pine. A sheltered Southwest-facing stone terrace accessed from the drawing room offers a delightful view across the garden towards the hops beyond.
To the rear of the house lies a further enclosed garden, with borders planted for seasonal colour and texture and a small area of lawn. Two seating areas, including a decked terrace featuring an ornamental pond, give a choice of outdoor living and dining opportunities. A small kitchen garden and summer house can be found to the eastern end of the rear garden.
Strictly by appointment with Savills on 01892 507000. If there is any point which is of particular importance to you, we invite you to discuss this with us, especially before you travel to view the property.
Savills, their clients and any joint agents give notice that:
1. They have no authority to make or give any representations or warranties in relation to the property. These particulars do not form part of any offer or contract and must not be relied upon as statements or representations of fact.
2. Any areas, measurements or distances are approximate. The text, photographs and plans are for guidance only and are not necessarily comprehensive. It should not be assumed that the property has all necessary planning, building regulation or other consents and Savills have not tested any services, equipment or facilities. Purchasers must satisfy themselves by inspection or otherwise.
Square Footage: 3,576 sq ft
Acreage: 0.23 Acres
From central Tunbridge Wells, head South on the A21 towards Hastings. Head straight over the next two roundabouts, turning left at the next one towards Goudhurst on the A262. Take the next left, almost immediately, signposted to Horsmonden on the B2162 and stay on this road for about 2.2 miles, passing the Apple Growers Association and Spelmonden Road on the right.
The entrance to Remingtons Farmhouse will be found about 0.4 miles after Spelmonden Road on the right-hand side, shortly after Remingtons, with its striking tall clipped yew hedging, on the left.
More information from this agent
To view this media, please visit the on-line version of this page at www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-61629368.html
Energy Performance Certificate (EPC) graphs
Map & Street View
Street View is unavailable in this location
Disclaimer - Property reference TUS160315. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Savills, Tunbridge Wells. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.