2 bedroom apartment for saleThe Radio Factory, Mildmay Road, Chelmsford
Sold STC £400,000
- TWO Bedroom Spacious Apartment
- Exposed Period Features
- Unique Layouts and Large Windows
- Commodore Kitchens
- High Specification Throughout
- Under Floor Heating
A truly stunning and unique TWO bedroom apartment that needs to be viewed to be fully appreciated.This luxury apartment measures in at a fantastic 1,044 sqft and is situated 1/4 mile from the railway station and benefits for allocated parking.
THE RADIO FACTORY. This beautiful development offers a genuine opportunity to own a piece of history, providing a home to luxury apartments in an exciting conversion of the first radio factory building in the world!
These elegant and spacious two bedroom apartments have unique layouts, alluring curved walls and original features. Each home is complete with a high specification throughout including commodore kitchens, under floor heating and an allocated parking space
Living Room/ Dining Room 18' 5" x 14' 5" ( 5.61m x 4.39m )
Kitchen 11' 1" x 7' 11" ( 3.38m x 2.41m )
Bedroom One Irregular Shaped Room 13' 6" x 10' 4" ( 4.11m x 3.15m )
Bedroom Two Irregular Shaped Room 13' x 8' 8" ( 3.96m x 2.64m )
o Luxury contemporary Commodore units
o Soft close cupboards & drawers
o Composite stone worktops
o Glass splash backs
o Integrated brushed steel Bosch oven and extractor hood
o Integrated brushed steel Bosch microwave
o Integrated Bosch dishwasher
o Integrated Bosch induction hob
o Integrated Bosch fridge/freezer
o Integrated Bosch washer/dryer - Plots 1 & 3 only
o Utility cupboard with plumbing for washing machine - Plots 2, 4, 5, & 6
o LED recess lighting
BATHROOMS & E N -S U I T E S
o Luxury white sanitary ware throughout
o Vanity units in all bathrooms
o Freestanding bath in the master bathroom with shower attachments
o Walk in showers in en-suites
HEAT I N G, L I G H T I N G AND E L E C T R I C A L
o Under floor heating
o Gas boiler
o Low energy spot lights including communal areas
o Motorised velux windows
o Sky+ wiring and communal dish
o Karndean flooring to kitchen, living & dining areas
o Porcelanosa tiling to bathroom & en-suite floors and walls
o Carpet to bedrooms
o Carpets to communal hallways
o Excellent floor to ceiling heights on 1st floor
o Unique layouts
o Original features
o Feature curved internal walls
o 10 Year CRL Structural Guarantee
o Landscaped areas
o Bicycle store
o Bin store
o Allocated parking space for each apartment
o Bretts Alpha Antique paving to parking areas
o Marshall paving to courtyard area
1858 - John Hall, A silk manufacturer based in Coggeshall, Essex built the building and he also gave his name to the road on which it stands today
1866 - Site sold to Samuel Courtauld & Co. the building was used for silk throwing and latterly for the manufacturing of crape.
1889 - The Silk Mill building was acquired by Marconi's Wireless & Signal Co Ltd (Later to be Marconi's Wireless Telegraph Co Ltd) and utilised as the first radio factory in the world!
1912 - Broadcasting equipment used in the radio room on the Titanic was built in the Marconi factory on Hall Street, Chelmsford.
1919 - Marconi moves into a new factory (New Street, Chelmsford) however the existing factory is still used for Research and Development.
1920 - It is estimated in this year that the Essex Water Board took over the Silk Mill building and converted it to offices and plant rooms.
CGI, images and floorplans provided for guidance purposes only and may differ from the finished development. Please note internal photography is of Apartment 4.
A non-refundable reservation fee of £1,000 will be required to secure the property. All offers are subject to financial qualification by our in-house mortgage services manager. Purchases are subject to a 28 day exchange deadline.
Part Exchange may be considered, however this will subject to the developer's criteria and a decision will be based on an individual basis.
Lease details are currently being compiled. For further information please contact the branch. Please note additional fees could be incurred for items such as leasehold packs.
1. MONEY LAUNDERING REGULATIONS: Intending purchasers will be asked to produce identification documentation at a later stage and we would ask for your co-operation in order that there will be no delay in agreeing the sale.
2. General: While we endeavour to make our sales particulars fair, accurate and reliable, they are only a general guide to the property and, accordingly, if there is any point which is of particular importance to you, please contact the office and we will be pleased to check the position for you, especially if you are contemplating travelling some distance to view the property.
3. Measurements: These approximate room sizes are only intended as general guidance. You must verify the dimensions carefully before ordering carpets or any built-in furniture.
4. Services: Please note we have not tested the services or any of the equipment or appliances in this property, accordingly we strongly advise prospective buyers to commission their own survey or service reports before finalising their offer to purchase.
5. THESE PARTICULARS ARE ISSUED IN GOOD FAITH BUT DO NOT CONSTITUTE REPRESENTATIONS OF FACT OR FORM PART OF ANY OFFER OR CONTRACT. THE MATTERS REFERRED TO IN THESE PARTICULARS SHOULD BE INDEPENDENTLY VERIFIED BY PROSPECTIVE BUYERS OR TENANTS. NEITHER SEQUENCE (UK) LIMITED NOR ANY OF ITS EMPLOYEES OR AGENTS HAS ANY AUTHORITY TO MAKE OR GIVE ANY REPRESENTATION OR WARRANTY WHATEVER IN RELATION TO THIS PROPERTY.
More information from this agent
To view this media, please visit the on-line version of this page at www.rightmove.co.uk/new-homes-for-sale/property-61631429.html?premiumA=true
Map & Street View
Street View is unavailable in this location
Disclaimer - Property reference CHE108104. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by William H. Brown, Chelmsford. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.