4 bedroom property for saleTopshill Road, Thorpe Market, Norfolk
Guide Price £530,000
Full descriptionA spacious single storey residence with an annex in a rural location with large gardens in North Norfolk.
- Sitting room
- Dining room
- 3 / 4 bedrooms
- 2 bathrooms
- 1-bedroom annex
- Double garage
- Large mature gardens of about 1.25 acres (stms)
Driving Distances (approx.)
- Cromer 4 miles
- Aylsham 6 miles
- North Walsham 4 miles
- Norwich 18 miles
- Coast 3 miles
Hilltop House stands in a sheltered rural setting surrounded by open farmland to the south of the small village of Thorpe Market. There are nearby shops at Roughton whilst the towns of North Walsham, Aylsham and Cromer offer a wide variety of shops, supermarkets, schools etc. The North Norfolk coast with its beaches, bird reserves and sailing facilities is within easy reach and the Cathedral City of Norwich renowned for its shopping and cultural facilities as well as being the business centre for the region and having a mainline railway station (Liverpool St 100 minutes) and expanding airport is 18 miles to the south. There is a station at Gunton about 1 mile away with regular trains to Norwich and Cromer.
Hilltop House is a charming single storey house built in the 1960's by a neighbouring farmer as his retirement home. It stands in a sheltered position surrounded by its charming and well stocked gardens and grounds which extend to about 1.25 acres (stms). The accommodation at present has a self-contained one-bedroom annex which be reincorporated back into the main house if required. From the all the rooms are differing views over the gardens and the whole property enjoys a secluded and sheltered setting surrounded by open countryside.
The accommodation which has dual aspect to the main rooms comprises a large sitting room with maple wood floor, wood burning stove and doors to the garden. It leads through to the kitchen, dining room again with dual aspect with door to the small conservatory, with 2 oven Aga together with electric oven and hob and large dining area. Leading from the kitchen is a walk-in larder and beyond this a utility and cloakroom.
The bedroom accommodation comprises master bedroom with en suite dressing or bedroom 4 and en suite shower room. There are 2 further bedrooms and family bathroom and from bedroom 3 are stairs up to a loft room which could be used as an overflow bedroom.
The annex is self-contained and comprises sitting room with kitchenette, bedroom and shower room. This is ideal for overflow accommodation or for a relative or could even be let out to produce an income.
The gardens and grounds of Hilltop House were extensively planted and landscaped some years ago. The house is approached over a gravel driveway which leads to a large parking space and then onto the double garage with timber stable/garden store workshop opposite. The garden comprises large areas of lawn interspersed by many well stocked shrub and herbaceous borders and interspersed with numerous specimen trees and shrubs some of which are quite rare. There is a summer house situated in a small wooded area and a separate kitchen garden with greenhouse. In all the gardens and grounds extend to about 1.25 acres (stms).
Directions NR11 8TS
From Norwich take the A140 Cromer road. Follow this past Aylsham and continue towards Roughton and Cromer. Opposite the second turning to Hanworth turn right into Topshill Road. Hilltop House will be found approximately half a mile along on the left hand side.
North Norfolk District Council, Band: D, Annual Cost: £1,584.87 (2016/17).
Mains water, electricity, private drainage, oil fired central heating and Aga.
Fixtures and Fittings
Items regarded as fixtures and fittings including carpets, curtains, light fittings, kitchen appliances and garden ornaments are excluded although these items may be available by separate negotiation.
Strictly by prior appointment with sole agents Jackson-Stops & Staff. If there is any point which is of particular importance to you, we invite you to discuss this with us, especially before you travel to view the property.
1. These particulars have been prepared in good faith as a general guide, they are not exhaustive and include information provided to us by other parties including the seller, not all of which will have been verified by us.
2. We have not carried out a detailed or structural survey; we have not tested any services, appliances or fittings. Measurements, floor plans, orientation and distances are given as approximate only and should not be relied on.
3. The photographs are not necessarily comprehensive or current, aspects may have changed since the photographs were taken. No assumption should be made that any contents are included in the sale.
4. We have not checked that the property has all necessary planning, building regulation approval, statutory or regulatory permissions or consents. Any reference to any alterations or use of any part of the property does not mean that necessary planning, building regulations, or other consent has been obtained.
5. Prospective purchasers should satisfy themselves by inspection, searches, enquiries, surveys, and professional advice about all relevant aspects of the property.
6. These particulars do not form part of any offer or contract and must not be relied upon as statements or representations of fact; we have no authority to make or give any representation or warranties in relation to the property. If these are required, you should include their terms in any contract between you and the seller.
More information from this agent
To view this media, please visit the on-line version of this page at www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-61670576.html?premiumA=true
Energy Performance Certificate (EPC) graphs
Map & Street View
Street View is unavailable in this location
Disclaimer - Property reference NOR160237. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Jackson-Stops & Staff, Norwich. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.