4 bedroom detached house for salePennybridge, 8 Teangue, Isle of Skye, Highland, IV44
- 4 Bedrooms and 2 Reception Rooms.
- An exceptional property completed to the highest standard.
- Unique design features create a stunning living space.
- Covered balcony with glass balustrade and outdoor power points and lighting
- Highly energy efficient with minimal running costs.
- Elevated site with outstanding views to Knock Castle, the Sound of Sleat and the mainland.
- Second home or holiday let potential.
- Within easy reach of the Skye bridge and Mallaig ferry terminal.
- About 0.25 Hectares (0.63 acres) in all
Pennybridge lies on the edge of the hamlet of Teangue on the Sleat peninsula on Skye. The property is on an elevated site with spectacular, far-reaching views over the surrounding countryside and to Knock Castle, the Sound of Sleat and Knoydart on the mainland. The house has been built to the owners' exacting design, its contemporary style and zinc and timber exterior sitting comfortably in the landscape, while interior features frame and enhance the views and fill the house with natural light while maximising solar gain. The very best insulation and optimum, wifi controlled heating systems have been incorporated into the build to create a highly energy efficient home with minimal running costs. Planning consent is in place for both photo voltaic and solar panels.
The easily managed grounds at Pennybridge extend to approximately 0.63 acres. To the front of the house is a terraced lawn and a flagstone path leads along the front of the house. To the rear of the house is a generous gravel parking area and from here a gate opens to a grassy viewpoint.
The Isle of Skye is the best known of the Inner Hebridean islands. Famous for its romantic, historical associations and magnificent landscape dominated by the Cuillin hills, the island is very popular, attracting many tourists throughout the year as well as those who seek to enjoy a peaceful lifestyle in unspoilt and beautiful surroundings. The Sleat peninsula, known as the Garden of Skye, has a mild climate and gentle, lush landscape and is easily accessible both from the Skye bridge and Mallaig to Armadale ferry. The many coastal and forestry trails, small islands and inlets and locally available moorings make it an ideal location for the outdoor enthusiast. Armadale Castle and the Museum of the Isles nearby are popular visitor attractions with beautiful gardens and many walks within the castle grounds.
Broadford, about 12 miles away, has a good range of shops and facilities, while Sleat primary school is about two miles away and a wider range of amenities and secondary schooling are available in Portree. Inverness, about a 2 hours' drive away, has all the facilities of a modern city including its airport with regular flights to the south and Europe.
EPC Rating = B
More information from this agent
To view this media, please visit the on-line version of this page at www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-61683692.html
Energy Performance Certificate (EPC) graphs
Map & Street View
Street View is unavailable in this location
Disclaimer - Property reference INV160111. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Galbraith, Inverness. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
* This is the maximum possible speed. Broadband speed may be lower at peak times and can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed you receive where you live may be lower than that listed above. Fibre/cable services at your postcode are subject to availability. You can confirm availability on the provider's website. The information is provided and maintained by comparethemarket.com
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.