1 bedroom flat for sale15 Alderbank Terrace, Shandon, Edinburgh, EH11 1SX
- Beautifully-presented, one-bedroom, ground floor, main door colony flat with extensive original features and private gardens.
- Located in a residential area in Edinburgh's popular Shandon district, west of the city centre.
- Comprises an; entrance hall, living room, dining room, kitchen, double bedroom, and a bathroom.
- Features include well-maintained sash and casement windows with working shutters, original panelled doors, gas central heating, and TV and telephone points.
- Externally, the property benefits from a well maintained garden to the rear with a patio, lawn and timber shed, with a small graveled front garden and on-street parking nearby.
- New double glazed, wooden sash and case windows to the rear of the property within the bedroom, bathroom and kitchen.
- Home Report available online.
Beautifully-presented, one-bedroom, ground floor, main door colony flat with extensive original features and private gardens. Located in a residential area in Edinburgh's popular Shandon district, west of the city centre. The entrance hall opens into the front facing, bright and spacious living room which features sanded and varnished floorboards, decorative plasterwork, a gas fire with original fireplace and a large bay window allowing plentiful natural light. Set to the rear, and with a door opening onto the rear garden, the good size dining room has ample space for freestanding dining furniture and gives access to the kitchen, which is fitted with contemporary units, laminate worktops, tiled splashbacks and a stainless steel sink. Appliances include an integrated gas hob, electric oven, and dishwasher, whilst the utility cupboard in the dining room houses a freestanding washing machine and fridge/freezer. The double bedroom is to the rear of the flat, with carpeted flooring and decorative fireplace, whilst the fully tiled bathroom is fitted with a modern three-piece suite with a mixer over-bath shower and ladder radiator. Overall the accommodation provides a very flexible layout, with the option of using one of the sitting/dining rooms as an additional bedroom. There is also a fully lined basement which can be used as the ideal storage area. Shandon is an established suburb to the west of Edinburgh centre, and is served by several local shops, with superstores close by including a Sainsbury's at Gorgie, and Asda at Chesser. The expansive Harrison Park, and the Union canal, provide walking and cycling links to the city centre. Also nearby are the delightful Colinton Dell, Water of Leith, and recreational facilities including Nuffield Health Club, Craiglockhart Sports Centre, and the Corn Exchange Leisure Village. Highly-regarded schooling is available at all levels, including Craiglockhart Primary School, just a couple of hundred yards away. The West End of Princes Street can be reached with regular bus services operating to most parts of the city.
Map & Street View
Street View is unavailable in this location
Disclaimer - Property reference 6320269. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by MOV8 Real Estate, Scotland, Head Office. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.