5 bedroom detached house for saleBreinton, Hereford, Herefordshire, HR4
- 4 Bathrooms
- 5 Bedrooms
- 4 Reception Rooms
- 4034 Approx Sq Ft
Superb & beautifully designed family home, immaculately presented and enjoying an elevated position with commanding views
Haverlea House occupies a glorious elevated position within Breinton Common, a charming country hamlet; which lies in the rural parish of Breinton, situated a few miles west of the city of Hereford. The parish of Brienton is bounded by the River Wye, an area that has changed little over time due to its high landscape value and fertile soils making it an important agricultural district. The area offers the ideal combination of a tranquil rural lifestyle yet with all the conveniences of having the extensive amenities of a thriving city, with mainline station, just a short drive away. The property enjoys commanding views which encompass Ruckhall to the south and a grand vista of the Black Mountains and Pen y Fan.
Havelea House is an impressive bespoke family home, beautifully constructed by the current owners in a traditional style that evokes the feel and quality of a substantial country house yet seamlessly balances modern features such as underfloor heating. The house was completed in 2005 and the quality of finish, craftsmanship and attention to detail throughout is simply superb. Only the highest quality materials have been used including decorative handmade tiles on the exterior elevations. The quality is further evident in the internal specification and choice of bespoke finishes. American oak has been extensively used for the interior woodwork such as the floors in the main reception rooms and on the elegant main staircase handrail. Other notable features include hardwood doors, ornamental ceiling coving, roses and friezes, architrave door frames, quality fireplaces.
Accommodation - ground floor
* The accommodation spans over 4,000 sq ft and benefits from generous proportions and excellent ceiling heights. It has been meticulously designed for both family living and entertaining. The house further benefits from ample fitted wardrobes, extensive storage and excellent utility areas making it an extremely practical home. * The house enjoys a commanding position and has been designed to take full advantage of the outstanding views. It is approached via impressive stone steps, flanked by wrought iron railings which lead to a large front terrace, adjoining the main elevation of the house and front door. * At the core of the house is the main reception hall dominated by an elegant staircase leading to the galleried first floor landing. The principal reception rooms all flow from the reception hall. These include the gracious drawing room and an informal sitting room both benefitting from large bay windows ensuring ample natural light and fine views. Other features includ (truncated)
* Flowing off the elegant first floor landing are 4 generous double bedrooms complimented by 4 hi- spec bath/shower rooms. * The master bedroom suite is especially noteworthy with a large bay window, fitted dressing room with mirrored wardrobe doors and a superb bathroom complete with Jacuzzi bath, large shower, large double vanity unit and illuminated shelving. * There is a further bedroom on the second floor which could also provide a cinema room.
Summary of Features
* Impressive and immaculately presented modern family home (4,034 sq ft) * Beautifully designed incorporating traditional character & craftsmanship with contemporary comfort. * 5 double bedrooms, 4 bath/shower rooms including a luxurious master bedroom suite * Superb Aga kitchen/breakfast room, utility & boot rooms * Reception hall, 3 well-proportioned reception rooms, impressive garden room, study * Extensive & versatile basement storage rooms * Detached double garage with office above * Beautifully mature setting and landscaped gardens * Secluded rural hamlet location, ideally placed for Hereford
* Mileages: Hereford 4 miles, Leominster 16 miles, Ross-on-Wye 18 miles, Hay-on-Wye 19 miles, Ledbury & Monmouth 21 miles, Ludlow 27 miles, Abergavenny 28 miles, Worcester 31 miles, Birmingham 61 miles, Bristol 56 miles * Road Links : M50 (Jct 4) 18½ miles * Railway stations : Hereford * Airports : Bristol (64 miles) & Birmingham (68 miles)
Grant & Co and their clients give notice that: 1. They have no authority to make or give any representations or warranties in relation to the property. 2. These particulars have been prepared in good faith to give a fair overall view of the property, do not form any part of an offer or contract and must not be relied upon as statements or representations of fact. 3. Any areas, measurements or distances are approximate. The text, photographs and plans are for guidance only and are not necessarily comprehensive. It should not be assumed that the property has all necessary planning, building regulation or other consents. The Agents has not tested any services, equipment or facilities. Purchasers must satisfy themselves by inspection or otherwise. Fixtures & Fittings Unless mentioned specifically all fixtures & fittings are excluded from the sale.
In addition to the main accommodation there is are extensive basement storage rooms (1,170 ft²) below the front terrace. This excellent and versatile space is currently utilised as workshop and storage. It has ample scope for alternative uses, including a wine cellar.
The garage block
The property is complemented by a detached garage block in matching construction to the house and provides double garaging and an excellent first floor office/gym. This building also has good scope to create an annexe, subject to planning.
The gardens & grounds
* Impressive brick pillars mark the entrance to Havelea House with electric gates opening to a gravelled driveway leading past lawn to the parking sweep and the garaging. * The house is framed by thoughtfully designed gardens and grounds of approximately ¾ acre. The setting is remarkably private and mature with many fine specimen trees and shrubs. * Features include; a main lawn with original well, a productive vegetable garden with green house, soft fruit and an orchard area. To the rear of the house are a series of garden terraces with clipped yew hedging and flanked by mature silver birch. Central stone steps provide access to each terrace, creating an aesthetically pleasing feature.
Mains electricity & water, private drainage (bio disc), oil fired central heating and Aga. Underfloor heating.
Local authority/ council tax
Hereford County Council: 01432 260000 Council Tax: G; £2,698.98 (2016/7)
* Primary & Secondary: Hereford. Further information is available at www.herefordshire.gov.uk * Independent schools: Hereford Cathedral School. In addition the Monmouth Schools operate a daily bus service and the well-respected Malvern schools can be reached by train. Further information is available at: www.isc.co.uk
Breinton has a church and village hall, the cathedral city of Hereford is conveniently within a few minutes drive, providing an extensive range of shopping, recreational and educational facilities as well as a mainline railway station. The conurbations of Birmingham, Bristol and Cardiff are easily accessible.
Breinton provides a wonderful country hamlet environment and the area surrounding is renowned for its wide range of wildlife habitats and a number of protected woodlands such as Breinton Wood, Drovers Wood and Wyevale Wood. There are a wealth of fine walks with a network of footpaths along the Wye Valley. Fishing and water sports are especially good in the region and there are some excellent golf courses close by. The Golden Valley, Black Mountains and Brecon Beacons are also within easy reach. Culturally, the area is host to a number of festivals, most notably the Hay Festival of Literature and the Abergavenny Food Festival.
From the Hereford ring road, exit the A49 onto the A438 and continue west for 1.7 miles. After passing through Kings Acre and the Wyevale turning on your right (A480), take the next left turn into Breinton Lane. Continue for 1 mile to the end of the lane and turn right onto Breinton Road. Continue on this lane for about 1 mile and the property will be found on your right side, the house name is on the gated entrance. Please note that satnav/the post code falls short of the property continue west a further ¼ mile to reach the property. There is a direct route from Hereford city centre on smaller roads, Barton Road leading to Breinton Road and follow as above.
By prior appointment only via Grant & Co Estate Agents on 01531 637341
More information from this agent
To view this media, please visit the on-line version of this page at www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-61686518.html
Energy Performance Certificate (EPC) graphs
Map & Street View
Street View is unavailable in this location
Disclaimer - Property reference HFD150266. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Grant & Co, Ledbury. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.