5 bedroom detached house for saleLittle London, North Walsham, Norfolk
A charming 18th century 5 bedroom detached farm house with adjoining annex offering over 3000sq ft. of living accommodation standing in almost ½ an acre of landscaped gardens and grounds in this truly idyllic rural location with stunning open countryside views yet only a short drive from local amenities.
- Entrance hall
- Kitchen/breakfast room
- Dining room
- Sitting room
- Garden room
- Utility room
- Downstairs cloakroom
- Master bedroom with en suite and dressing room/nursery
- 3x further bedrooms in main house
- 1x additional bedroom in annex
- Family bathroom
- Boarded attic space
- Annex with lapsed planning permission
- Covered parking area
- In all approximately ½ acre of gardens and grounds (sts)
Driving Distances (approx.)
- Norwich: 16.3 miles
- North Walsham: 1.3 miles
- Aylsham: 8.2 miles
- East Coast: 4.5 miles
- Cromer: 10 miles
Little London is a charming hamlet just outside the well serviced town of North Walsham. Straight from the property, there are miles of paths and walks to follow, along with the nearby Pigney's Wood, run by the North Norfolk Community Woodland Trust (charity). Both the north and east coastlines are within a short drive as is Wroxham, the home of the Norfolk Broads Network.
North Walsham has a wide range of amenities including supermarkets (Waitrose), shops, schools, a doctors surgery as well as public transport (bus and rail) to Norwich.
The Farmhouse was built circa 1750 and is a charming Georgian red brick farm house with covered parking area and adjoining 2 storey annex with lapsed planning permission. There is ample off road parking for a number of vehicles both in front of the house and to the land to the side of the annex and parking area. The gardens (in all approximately 0.45 acres stms) have been thoughtfully landscaped and planted, ensuring different specimens around the garden are in flower all year round.
The house enjoys an unrivalled location, with stunning far reaching countryside views over the rear, looking over the neighbouring farmland and beyond, whilst to the front of the property (the other side of the lane) there is a paddock with horses, a stunning view.
The house is accessed through the central entrance hall and to the right, leads into the kitchen/breakfast room complete with Aga and handmade fitted kitchen. A garden room is accessed off the kitchen as is the utility room and pantry at the rear.
To the left of the entrance hall is the dining room with French doors to the rear garden, and double doors leading through to the large (243 x 206) L shaped sitting room complete with open fire.
A study is located behind the sitting room with the benefit of its own front door, allowing the room to be used as a home/office without the need to access the main house.
The central staircase leads up to the first floor landing where the sleeping accommodation is found. The master bedroom complete with en suite bathroom (with additional separate shower) and a separate dressing room/nursery is found at the western end of the house whilst 2 further bedrooms are located centrally overlooking the rear, with stunning far reaching views. The 4th double bedroom is located at the eastern end of the house with built in cupboards, one of which has a staircase leading up to the large boarded attic space. A family bathroom with separate shower cubicle serves these bedrooms.
Adjoining the house, next to the study, is a workshop and linking this to the annex is a covered parking area. The annex, set over two floors, has lapsed planning permission to be converted into a self-contained annex, with the addition of a bathroom and kitchenette utilising part of the covered parking area.
The garden is semi-formal with extensive lawns bordered by low maintenance shrubs and includes a small pond. It has been planted so that there is something in bloom every month of the year. Rhododendrons, Walnut trees and flowering Cherry trees are particular highlights. The house looks out over uninterrupted views of open farmland which then rises to managed woodland.
Directions NR28 0RB
From Norwich, head north east on the B1150 towards North Walsham. Just before reaching North Walsham, after passing the railway line turn left at the crossroads (A149) which becomes the B1145, following this round for a few minutes before turning right into Little London Road. After a few minutes driving, the Farm House will be found on your left hand side.
North Norfolk District Council, Band: F, Annual cost: £2,324.33 (2016/17).
Mains water and electricity, private drainage (septic tank emptied August 2016), oil fired central heating, Calor gas fired Aga and additional heating.
Fixtures and Fittings
Items regarded as fixtures and fittings including carpets, curtains, light fittings, kitchen appliances and garden ornaments are excluded although these items may be available by separate negotiation.
Strictly by prior appointment with sole agents Jackson-Stops & Staff. If there is any point which is of particular importance to you, we invite you to discuss this with us, especially before you travel to view the property.
1. These particulars have been prepared in good faith as a general guide, they are not exhaustive and include information provided to us by other parties including the seller, not all of which will have been verified by us.
2. We have not carried out a detailed or structural survey; we have not tested any services, appliances or fittings. Measurements, floor plans, orientation and distances are given as approximate only and should not be relied on.
3. The photographs are not necessarily comprehensive or current, aspects may have changed since the photographs were taken. No assumption should be made that any contents are included in the sale.
4. We have not checked that the property has all necessary planning, building regulation approval, statutory or regulatory permissions or consents. Any reference to any alterations or use of any part of the property does not mean that necessary planning, building regulations, or other consent has been obtained.
5. Prospective purchasers should satisfy themselves by inspection, searches, enquiries, surveys, and professional advice about all relevant aspects of the property.
6. These particulars do not form part of any offer or contract and must not be relied upon as statements or representations of fact; we have no authority to make or give any representation or warranties in relation to the property. If these are required, you should include their terms in any contract between you and the seller.
More information from this agent
To view this media, please visit the on-line version of this page at www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-61733063.html?premiumA=true
Energy Performance Certificate (EPC) graphs
Map & Street View
Street View is unavailable in this location
Disclaimer - Property reference NOR150021. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Jackson-Stops, Norwich. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.