3 bedroom semi-detached house for saleFrench Street, Portsmouth
- Secluded semi-detached freehold family home.
- Views over Camber Dock from your own private balcony with French doors from the lounge, which has exciting potential for extension.
- Double garage with electric roller doors and driveway providing parking in total for 4-5 cars!
- Newly refurbished kitchen/diner with high gloss units and integrated appliances.
- Fantastic Old Portsmouth location and close to Portsmouth Grammar School.
With an abundance of off-road parking and living accommodation spread out over 1750 sq ft, this freehold semi-detached house in the secluded 'Oyster Mews' in French Street boasts everything you are looking for in your new property; including three double bedrooms and en-suite to master bedroom.
The quirks and character are noticeable right from the moment you step down Oyster Mews and approach the iron gate, which is handmade by a local blacksmith and provides secure access to your front door and high wall enclosed courtyard garden which is a true sun-trap. The entrance hall to this home immediately opens into the unique curved staircase rising to all floors which is a personal favourite feature of this property for Fox & Sons. Often in Old Portsmouth a single garage is offered as a parking solution, or a smaller hard standing, but this property proudly boasts a double garage with electric roller doors and a driveway with parking for a further two cars. This even gives flexibility to any bold new owner who may be consider turning the considerably sized garage (18"03 x 16"07) in to another bedroom, additional study or reception room as parking will never be a problem and this conversion could easily be done, as the double garage is connected integrally on the ground floor. The potential for extension or conversions continue on the second floor, with scope to be able to build over the kitchen on the first floor, subject to necessary permissions. The existing property however we feel will be suitable for a growing family, with a wealth of living accommodation including a 17 ft living room with access to the aforementioned sunny balcony, and a ground floor shower room which is in addition to the family bathroom and en-suite to master.
UPVC Double glazed door to front elevation, lightly textured ceiling and smooth plastered walls, stairs to first floor, carpet, door to garage and internal doors to:
Part tiled walls, frosted double glazed window to side elevation, shower cubicle with new glass screen, WC, wash hand basin, radiator, carpet.
Bedroom Three/ Study 11' 4" x 8' 5" ( 3.45m x 2.57m )
Lightly textured ceiling and smooth plastered walls, double glazed French doors to garden, radiator, laminate flooring.
Utility Room 8' 9" x 3' 3" ( 2.67m x 0.99m )
Lightly textured ceiling and smooth plastered walls with wall mounted Vaillant combination boiler (installed July 2017), automatic moisture sensitive extractor fan to exterior and freestanding Hotpoint washer dryer which is included within the sale.
First Floor Landing
Curved staircase from ground floor to first floor landing with recently re-decorated smooth plastered walls, single width double glazed window to front elevation, carpet, staircase continuing to second floor but doors on the first floor to:
Living Room 17' 1" x 16' 6" ( 5.21m x 5.03m )
Lightly textured ceiling and smooth plastered walls, double glazed window to front and rear elevation, double glazed French door to balcony overlooking Camber Dock which has exciting potential for extension along the length of the house (subject to planning permissions), gas fireplace and surround, two radiators, carpet.
Kitchen/ Diner 18' x 14' 10" max ( 5.49m x 4.52m max )
Smooth plastered ceiling and walls, double glazed window to front and rear elevation, fitted kitchen with a range of wall and base units, work surfaces with inset stainless steel 'one and a half bowl' sink, integrated NEFF electric oven with integrated NEFF microwave above. Five ring gas hob with NEFF cooker hood over, integrated dishwasher and fridge freezer. Abundance of storage cupboards. Double radiator and single kick-plate space saving heater. Flooring is 12 mm AC 5 Commercial grade with a 30 year guarantee, underlay acoustic gold 5 mm 24 DB sound proofing.
Second Floor Landing
Textured ceiling, smooth plastered walls, single width double glazed window to front elevation, radiator, carpet, doors to:
Bedroom One 17' 1" into wardrobes x 11' 2" max ( 5.21m into wardrobes x 3.40m max )
Textured ceiling, smooth plastered walls, two double glazed windows to rear elevation with views of Camber Dock, fitted wardrobes, radiator, carpet, door to:
En-Suite 9' 1" x 4' 11" ( 2.77m x 1.50m )
Part tiled walls, double glazed window to front elevation, double shower cubicle, WC, wash hand basin, shaver point, carpet.
Bedroom Two 14' 11" into wardrobe x 9' 2" ( 4.55m into wardrobe x 2.79m )
Textured ceiling, smooth plastered walls, double glazed window to rear elevation, large walk-in wardrobe and seperate large built in cupboard with shelving, radiator, carpet.
Family Bathroom 7' 7" x 5' 6" ( 2.31m x 1.68m )
Textured ceiling, part tiled walls, double glazed window to front elevation, bath with mixer taps, shower attachment over, shaver point, WC, wash hand basin, carpet.
Wrap Around Courtyard
High wall enclosed rear garden with access through handmade iron gate at front of property, L-shaped garden with shrubbery planting borders.
Double Garage 18' 3" x 16' 7" max ( 5.56m x 5.05m max )
Access via dropped kerb and driveway and through electric roller doors (these electric roller doors are still under guarantee) painted breezeblock walls, double glazed window to rear elevation, power, lighting. Integral door from ground floor hallway, which inspires the potential conversion of this space to an office, fourth bedroom or such like (once the necessary permissions have been sought).
1. MONEY LAUNDERING REGULATIONS: Intending purchasers will be asked to produce identification documentation at a later stage and we would ask for your co-operation in order that there will be no delay in agreeing the sale.
2. General: While we endeavour to make our sales particulars fair, accurate and reliable, they are only a general guide to the property and, accordingly, if there is any point which is of particular importance to you, please contact the office and we will be pleased to check the position for you, especially if you are contemplating travelling some distance to view the property.
3. Measurements: These approximate room sizes are only intended as general guidance. You must verify the dimensions carefully before ordering carpets or any built-in furniture.
4. Services: Please note we have not tested the services or any of the equipment or appliances in this property, accordingly we strongly advise prospective buyers to commission their own survey or service reports before finalising their offer to purchase.
5. THESE PARTICULARS ARE ISSUED IN GOOD FAITH BUT DO NOT CONSTITUTE REPRESENTATIONS OF FACT OR FORM PART OF ANY OFFER OR CONTRACT. THE MATTERS REFERRED TO IN THESE PARTICULARS SHOULD BE INDEPENDENTLY VERIFIED BY PROSPECTIVE BUYERS OR TENANTS. NEITHER SEQUENCE (UK) LIMITED NOR ANY OF ITS EMPLOYEES OR AGENTS HAS ANY AUTHORITY TO MAKE OR GIVE ANY REPRESENTATION OR WARRANTY WHATEVER IN RELATION TO THIS PROPERTY.
More information from this agent
To view this media, please visit the on-line version of this page at www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-61775629.html?premiumA=true
Map & Street View
Street View is unavailable in this location
Disclaimer - Property reference SOS103492. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Fox & Sons, Southsea. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.