6 bedroom detached house for saleNorton, Faversham, Kent, ME13
- Two Listed Art Deco water towers
- Partially converted
- Proposed accommodation:
- 4 reception rooms, cinema room
- 6 bedrooms, 6 bath/shwer rooms
- 2 roof terraces
- Roof top swimming pool
- Gym suite, sauna, plunge pool
- Gardens, pasture
Two Listed 1930's 'Art Deco' Water Towers, partially converted to form a modernistic house with studio/workshop/storage building and grounds of about 8 acres.
The Lime Works is situated on the outskirts of Faversham, an historic town located between the North Downs and the beautiful Kent Coast. Dating from pre-Roman times and mentioned in the Domesday Book this bustling town has a good range of independent shops, supermarkets and recreational pursuits.
London commuters are well served by road and rail; Faversham's mainline rail station provides services to London St Pancras in 68 minutes. Junction 6 of the M2 is 3 miles away.
Sporting and recreational facilities include: golf at Faversham and Boughton Golf Clubs; boating and fishing on The Swale; and some of the best walking in England, with way-marked routes through the stunning Kent countryside. There are also many places of interest, from country houses and gardens to the UK's oldest brewery.
There is excellent schooling in the area for all age ranges and abilities, including the highly rated Queen Elizabeth Grammar School in Faversham, Canterbury College, Kings School
Canterbury, Kent College Canterbury and St Edmunds School in Canterbury, Ashford School and Ashford Friar's Prep School.
The Lime Works is a fascinating Grade II listed building, built in the early 1930s during the 'Art Deco' period and utilised as a functioning water softening plant until 1942.
The property has undergone partial conversion and the opportunity has now arisen for potential purchasers to complete, to their individual requirements (subject to the necessary planning consents), what will be an outstanding, contemporary home.
A well proportioned building, the accommodation is arranged over 4 floors. The ground floor benefits from floor to ceiling windows and a series of spiral staircases lead to the leisure facilities on the first floor and the bedrooms and bathrooms on the second floor.
The master bedroom suite will occupy the entire fourth floor and benefits from far reaching views over the grounds. There are two roof terraces, one of which will accommodate a pool.
OUTBUILDINGS, GARDENS AND GROUNDS
The Lime Works is approached via wrought iron gates which open to a gravel driveway leading to a generous parking area and underground double garage of circa 331 sq ft. Stone steps flanked by lawns and lavender borders lead to the front door. The house is set in about 8 acres of grounds and is surrounded by beautiful countryside. A useful studio/workshop/storage building of circa 1,257 sq ft lies to the side of the main house.
On instructions from B Tobin & P Joseph
Strettons LPA Receivers
Savills, their clients and any joint agents give notice that:
1. They have no authority to make or give any representations or warranties in relation to the property. These particulars do not form part of any offer or contract and must not be relied upon as statements or represe ntations of fact.
2. Any areas, measurements or distances are approximate. The text, photographs and plans are for guidance only and are not necessarily comprehensive. It should not be assumed that the property has all necessary planning, building regulation or other consents and Savills have not tested any services, equipment or facilities. Purchasers must satisfy themselves by inspection or otherwise.
Square Footage: 7,629 sq ft
Acreage: 8 Acres
Leave the M2 at junction 6, travelling north on the A251 signposted to Faversham. At the T-junction turn left onto the A2 (signposted Sittingbourne). Continue on to the roundabout taking the 1st exit onto the A2 (signposted Sittingbourne). After a short distance turn left onto Faversham Road (signposted Newnham). The Lime Works will be found on the right hand side after about a mile.
More information from this agent
To view this media, please visit the on-line version of this page at www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-61794650.html
Map & Street View
Street View is unavailable in this location
Disclaimer - Property reference LAC090078. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Savills, Cranbrook. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
* The speed displayed is the maximum broadband speed package available on comparethemarket.com. These may be lower at peak times and can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed you receive where you live may be lower than that listed above. Fibre/cable services at your postcode are subject to availability. You can confirm availability on the provider's website. The information is provided and maintained by Decision Technologies Limited.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.