2 bedroom character property for saleConington Lane, Conington, Peterborough
- Picturesque character cottage in a village location
- Exposed beams - wood panelling - inglenook fireplace
- Extensive sitting room
- Downstairs bathroom
- Beautiful mature gardens - summer house - ornamental pond
- Gravel driveway & off road parking
A beautiful and picturesque cottage, situated in the heart of the village of Conington, within easy reach of the A1, Peterborough and Huntingdon. The property is one half of a former vicarage and has a wealth of character and original features, including inglenook fireplace, exposed beams and......
A beautiful and picturesque cottage, situated in the heart of the village of Conington, within easy reach of the A1, Peterborough and Huntingdon. The property is one half of a former vicarage and has a wealth of character and original features, including inglenook fireplace, exposed beams and wood panelled walls. The property also benefits from off road parking for several cars, a large landscaped garden and views over the village green to the front aspect.
The property is entered via a small entrance hall with door to sitting room and stairs to first floor. The sitting room is at the front of the property and features exposed beams, a large inglenook fireplace, a wood burning stove and bay window to front aspect overlooking the green. The kitchen situated at the rear of the property is fitted with a range of base and wall units in cream, with wooden worktops over, block brick tiled flooring, a range style cooker within a fireplace and window overlooking the garden to the rear, also giving access to the side lobby. The side lobby gives access to the gardens and the downstairs bathroom and has a useful storage cupboard. The bathroom is fitted with a claw footed bath, low level WC and wash hand basin.
On the first floor, the landing with wood panelled walls, gives access to two double bedrooms both with part vaulted ceilings, one to the front with built in wardrobes and overlooking the green, the second to the rear, also with built in wardrobes and overlooking the gardens.
Bedroom one - 13'10" x 12'6" (to wardrobe door)
Bedroom two - 14'3" x 12'1"
Sitting room - 20'2" x 16'7" (maximum measurements)
Kitchen - 12'2" x 13'10"
Side hallway - 6'2" x 3'3"
Bathroom - 8'2" x 6'3"
The property is situated on a large plot with mature gardens to the front and rear, with the front garden mainly laid to lawn with a variety of shrubs, borders and mature plants and trees. A gravel driveway leads to the side of the property providing off-road parking for several cars and giving access to the rear garden. The rear garden is beautifully landscaped with a variety of shrubs and borders, mature trees and fruit trees, a summer house, patio areas and an ornamental fish pond.
Conington is a small village situated approximately six miles south of Peterborough, sixteen miles north of Huntingdon and three miles north of Sawtry. The village itself relies on neighbouring towns and villages for amenities and facilities. Conington is well placed for easy access to both the A1 and A14 trunk roads and with Peterborough's main line train station around six miles away, providing fast and frequent rail links into London Kings Cross with a journey time of approximately 50 minutes.
1. MONEY LAUNDERING REGULATIONS: Intending purchasers will be asked to produce identification documentation at a later stage and we would ask for your co-operation in order that there will be no delay in agreeing the sale.
2. General: While we endeavour to make our sales particulars fair, accurate and reliable, they are only a general guide to the property and, accordingly, if there is any point which is of particular importance to you, please contact the office and we will be pleased to check the position for you, especially if you are contemplating travelling some distance to view the property.
3. Measurements: These approximate room sizes are only intended as general guidance. You must verify the dimensions carefully before ordering carpets or any built-in furniture.
4. Services: Please note we have not tested the services or any of the equipment or appliances in this property, accordingly we strongly advise prospective buyers to commission their own survey or service reports before finalising their offer to purchase.
5. THESE PARTICULARS ARE ISSUED IN GOOD FAITH BUT DO NOT CONSTITUTE REPRESENTATIONS OF FACT OR FORM PART OF ANY OFFER OR CONTRACT. THE MATTERS REFERRED TO IN THESE PARTICULARS SHOULD BE INDEPENDENTLY VERIFIED BY PROSPECTIVE BUYERS OR TENANTS. NEITHER SHARMAN QUINNEY NOR ANY OF ITS EMPLOYEES OR AGENTS HAS ANY AUTHORITY TO MAKE OR GIVE ANY REPRESENTATION OR WARRANTY WHATEVER IN RELATION TO THIS PROPERTY.
More information from this agent
To view this media, please visit the on-line version of this page at www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-61857149.html?premiumA=true
Energy Performance Certificate (EPC) graphs
Map & Street View
Street View is unavailable in this location
Disclaimer - Property reference HUC101106. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Hurfords, Peterborough. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.