5 bedroom detached house for saleBurrell Close, Cromer Road, Holt, Norfolk
Sold STC £499,995
Detached 5 bedroom, 3 reception room family house within walking distance of the town centre and Greshams School with mature gardens and ample off street parking.
- Spacious family accommodation
- Ample off street parking
- Mature gardens front and rear
- Aga kitchen/breakfast room
- Sitting room with bay window and open fireplace
- Dining room with open fireplace
- Ground floor bedroom with en-suite wet room
- 3 further double bedrooms and 1 single
- Family bathroom, separate WC
Driving Distances (approx.)
- Blakeney 5.5 miles
- Cley 4.2 miles
- Sheringham 7 miles
Holt is a hugely attractive market town with some of the best examples of Georgian architecture in the area, due mainly to the majority of buildings having been replaced after a devastating fire in the early 18th century. Today visitors enjoy a wide and eclectic range of independent shops, boutiques, galleries, cafes and restaurants as well as everyday amenities including post office, library, parish church, primary school, supermarket, veterinary surgeon and medical centre. Holt is also home to Greshams Pre Prep, prep and senior schools, founded in 1555.
The town holds an acclaimed annual arts festival with musicians, poets, actors, dancers, artists and comedians including many internationally acclaimed performers. Events take place in venues all around the town as well in a magnificent open-air theatre in the nearby woods. Another popular annual event is the transformation of the town centre into a winter wonderland at Christmas where the town is framed by beautiful fairy lights.
A mile from the centre of town is the station for The North Norfolk Railway which offers a 10.5 mile round trip by steam or vintage diesel train through north Norfolk taking in the views of Kelling Heath and Sheringham Park and, to the north, the sea.
1 Burrell Close has been in the same family since its design and build in the 1960s. It stands at the top of this private road of only 6 properties, superbly located for easy access to the town centre and schools. The house and gardens have been well maintained by the family and provide spacious and flexible accommodation including a useful ground floor bedroom with views over the garden and en-suite wet room. Gas-fired central heating is installed throughout the house with double glazed windows and open fireplaces in the sitting and dining room.
From the entrance hall, a door takes you into the bay fronted, dual aspect sitting room with brick built fireplace. A separate formal dining room leads into the timber double glazed conservatory with brick plinth and polycarbonate roof. From here, French doors lead out onto the rear terrace.
The dual aspect fitted kitchen/breakfast room has integrated washing machine and dishwasher, space for a table and chairs and gas-fired double oven AGA. A door off the kitchen leads into a small entrance lobby with cloakroom off. Also on the ground floor is a good-sized bedroom with views over the garden and an en-suite wet room.
The 1st floor boasts 3 double bedrooms, a further smaller bedroom or possible study with some restricted head height and family bathroom with separate WC.
The house sits in the middle of this corner plot, set back from the road with double 5 bar gates giving access onto a brickweave driveway with ample parking for several cars to the front and side. The good-sized front garden is laid predominantly to lawn with circular bed and brick wall boundary. The rear garden benefits from a further main lawned area, sun terrace and further gated entrance onto another brickweave driveway. There is also a small summerhouse, garden shed and brick built outhouse housing the gas-fired central heating boiler.
Directions NR25 6DT
From the High Street in Holt, continue along bearing left onto Cromer Road with the Post Office on your left hand side. Pass the turning to Kelling Road on the left, Burrell Close is on the right hand side where no. 1 can be seen at the top as indicated by our For Sale board.
North Norfolk District Council, Band: F, Annual Cost: £2,305.44 2016/17.
Mains water, mains electricity, mains drainage. Gas-fired central heating to radiators.
Fixtures and Fittings
Items regarded as fixtures and fittings including carpets, curtains, light fittings, kitchen appliances and garden ornaments are excluded although these items may be available by separate negotiation.
Strictly by prior appointment with sole agents Jackson-Stops & Staff. If there is any point which is of particular importance to you, we invite you to discuss this with us, especially before you travel to view the property.
1. These particulars have been prepared in good faith as a general guide, they are not exhaustive and include information provided to us by other parties including the seller, not all of which will have been verified by us.
2. We have not carried out a detailed or structural survey; we have not tested any services, appliances or fittings. Measurements, floor plans, orientation and distances are given as approximate only and should not be relied on.
3. The photographs are not necessarily comprehensive or current, aspects may have changed since the photographs were taken. No assumption should be made that any contents are included in the sale.
4. We have not checked that the property has all necessary planning, building regulation approval, statutory or regulatory permissions or consents. Any reference to any alterations or use of any part of the property does not mean that necessary planning, building regulations, or other consent has been obtained.
5. Prospective purchasers should satisfy themselves by inspection, searches, enquiries, surveys, and professional advice about all relevant aspects of the property.
6. These particulars do not form part of any offer or contract and must not be relied upon as statements or representations of fact; we have no authority to make or give any representation or warranties in relation to the property. If these are required, you should include their terms in any contract between you and the seller.
More information from this agent
To view this media, please visit the on-line version of this page at www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-61960049.html?premiumA=true
Energy Performance Certificate (EPC) graphs
Map & Street View
Street View is unavailable in this location
Disclaimer - Property reference BUM150185. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Jackson-Stops & Staff, Burnham Market. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.