3 bedroom character property for saleMill Bank Road, Mill Bank, SOWERBY BRIDGE
Sold STC £165,000
- Three Double Bedrooms
- Modernisation Required
- Two Reception Rooms & Dining Kitchen
- Excellent Potential
- Rural Village Location
William H Brown in Sowerby Bridge are pleased to introduce to the market this generously proportioned mid terraced period property located in the ever sought after area of Mill Bank. Mill Bank has long been known a picturesque rural village with stunning views.
William H Brown in Sowerby Bridge are pleased to introduce to the market this generously proportioned mid terraced period property located in the ever sought after area of Mill Bank. Mill Bank has long been known a picturesque rural village with stunning views. It is continentally located for access to the M62, Ripponden and Sowerby Bridge town centre. The property does need modernisation throughout, but has excellent potential and is extremely deceptive. Set out over four floors, the property comprises; dining kitchen and utility room on the ground floor, the open plan lounge and dining room are located the first floor, and there are two double bedrooms and the family bathroom on the first floor. Finally, on the second floor there is one very large bedroom which has the potential to be split into two bedrooms (subject to relevant planning permissions). Externally, there is a low maintenance area to the front of the property which has enough room for sitting out on a small garden table and chairs and enjoy the stunning rural surroundings. This is an excellent opportunity to acquire an affordable family-sized home in the extremely desirable rural village of Mill Bank, and we anticipate high demand so call us now to arrange your viewing.
Dining Kitchen 14' 3" plus recess x 12' 5" ( 4.34m plus recess x 3.78m )
Located on the lower ground floor, this spacious room has heaps of character from the exposed beams to the ceiling and the decorative cast iron stove which is set in the exposed stone chimney breast. The dining kitchen is fitted with some base units which incorporate a stainless steel sink and drainer, an electric cooker point, and space for a fridge freezer. There is a single glazed window with window seat, and timber and glazed door to the front elevation, providing access to the seating area which is adjacent to Lower Mill Bank Road. There is ample space for a large dining table and chairs, a radiator, a useful under-stairs storage cupboard, and access to the utility room is available in this room.
Providing a space and plumbing for a washing machine, tumble dryer, and any other additional kitchen appliances, such as a fridge or freezer.
Dining Room 14' 4" x 12' 3" max ( 4.37m x 3.73m max )
Located on the ground floor, this spacious room is open plan to the lounge and features a single glazed window and door to the front elevation. There is a impressive Yorkshie Stone Flag floor in the dining room and another characterful fireplace in the chimney breast. The dining room has a central heating radiator, lovely views from the front-facing window, exposed beams to the ceiling, and original fitted cupboards in one of the alcoves. The overall length of the dining room and lounge together is 24'10"
Lounge 12' 1" x 11' 7" ( 3.68m x 3.53m )
Open plan to the dining room, the lounge has ample space for lounge furniture and boasts exposed beams to the ceiling and solid wood flooring. There is an under-stairs storage cupboard, and a central heating radiator. The overall length of the dining room and lounge together is 24'10"
Ground Floor Landing
Providing access to the first floor and with a useful storage cupboard.
First Floor Landing
Provides access to two of the bedrooms, the family bathroom and provides access to the rear elevation via a timber and glazed door which leads on to Mill Bank Road. Fitted with solid wood flooring.
Bedroom One 14' 4" plus recess x 12' 6" ( 4.37m plus recess x 3.81m )
This spacious double bedroom has been decorated to a modern finish and has ample space for a bed and free-standing furniture. This room has a single glazed sash window to the front elevation with lovely views down the valley. There are two walk-in storage cupboards in this room, and there is enough space to add an en suite to his bedroom if desired (subject to relevant planning permissions. This bedroom has a decorative fireplace and central heating radiator.
Bedroom Two 10' 2" x 7' 6" ( 3.10m x 2.29m )
This bedroom will fit a double bed, but would be more suited as a single bedroom. There is a window to the rear elevation and a central heating radiator.
Bedroom Three 18' 2" x 13' 10" plus recess ( 5.54m x 4.22m plus recess )
This incredibly spacious room is located on the second floor and would make a spectacular master bedroom (with enough space to add an en suite, if desired and subject to planning permissions), or there is enough space to split this room into two bedrooms; one with a window to the rear and one with a window to the front. The front facing window offers stunning panoramic views over the lovely rural valley, and this room boasts solid wood flooring, a central heating radiator and a decorative cast iron fireplace.
There is a low maintenance are at the front of the property which provides enough space for a rotary washing line, or for a small garden table and chairs. There is a lay-by located less than 15 meters from this property where parking is available.
This property is steeped in local history and was actually three properties which has been knocked into one over the years. It could be possible for the successful purchaser to turn this back into two back to back homes (subject to relevant planning permissions).
1. MONEY LAUNDERING REGULATIONS: Intending purchasers will be asked to produce identification documentation at a later stage and we would ask for your co-operation in order that there will be no delay in agreeing the sale.
2. General: While we endeavour to make our sales particulars fair, accurate and reliable, they are only a general guide to the property and, accordingly, if there is any point which is of particular importance to you, please contact the office and we will be pleased to check the position for you, especially if you are contemplating travelling some distance to view the property.
3. Measurements: These approximate room sizes are only intended as general guidance. You must verify the dimensions carefully before ordering carpets or any built-in furniture.
4. Services: Please note we have not tested the services or any of the equipment or appliances in this property, accordingly we strongly advise prospective buyers to commission their own survey or service reports before finalising their offer to purchase.
5. THESE PARTICULARS ARE ISSUED IN GOOD FAITH BUT DO NOT CONSTITUTE REPRESENTATIONS OF FACT OR FORM PART OF ANY OFFER OR CONTRACT. THE MATTERS REFERRED TO IN THESE PARTICULARS SHOULD BE INDEPENDENTLY VERIFIED BY PROSPECTIVE BUYERS OR TENANTS. NEITHER SEQUENCE (UK) LIMITED NOR ANY OF ITS EMPLOYEES OR AGENTS HAS ANY AUTHORITY TO MAKE OR GIVE ANY REPRESENTATION OR WARRANTY WHATEVER IN RELATION TO THIS PROPERTY.
More information from this agent
To view this media, please visit the on-line version of this page at www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-62007965.html?premiumA=true
Energy Performance Certificate (EPC) graphs
Map & Street View
Street View is unavailable in this location
Disclaimer - Property reference SWB104914. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by William H. Brown, Sowerby Bridge. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
* This is the maximum possible speed. Broadband speed may be lower at peak times and can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed you receive where you live may be lower than that listed above. Fibre/cable services at your postcode are subject to availability. You can confirm availability on the provider's website. The information is provided and maintained by comparethemarket.com
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.