4 bedroom bungalow for saleAvenue Road, High Kelling, Norfolk
Sold STC £425,000
- Idyllic setting
- Outskirts of Holt
- Woodland avenue
- Extensively refurbished
- Beautiful mature gardens
- Stunning interiors
- Handmade designer kitchen
- Breakfast/utility room
- 4 bedrooms
- Sitting room
- Dining room
- Family bathroom
- Attached workshop with annex potential
Driving Distances (approx.)
- Holt 1.7 miles
- Coast 3.3 miles
- Blakeney 7.5 miles
- Cromer 8 miles
High Kelling is a small village located on the outskirts of Holt within an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty with Owl's Roost also being located in a Conservation Area. This tree lined road is most attractive, made up of similar style properties and considered to be one of the most sought after residential addresses in the area. The village has its own post office and store, All Saints church, village hall (running several weekly clubs), plant nursery and close by - Voewood House, a major Arts & Crafts house.
Holt is a hugely attractive market town with some of the best examples of Georgian architecture in the area, due mainly to the majority of buildings having been replaced after a devastating fire in the early 18th century. Today visitors enjoy a wide and eclectic range of independent shops, boutiques, galleries, cafes and restaurants as well as everyday amenities including post office, library, parish church, primary school, supermarket, veterinary surgeon and medical centre. Holt is also home to Greshams Pre Prep, prep and senior schools, founded in 1555.
The town holds an acclaimed annual arts festival with musicians, poets, actors, dancers, artists and comedians including many internationally acclaimed performers. Events take place in venues all around the town as well in a magnificent open-air theatre in the nearby woods. Another popular annual event is the transformation of the town centre into a winter wonderland at Christmas where the town is framed by beautiful fairy lights.
A mile from the centre of town is the station for The North Norfolk Railway which offers a 10.5 mile round trip by steam or vintage diesel train through north Norfolk taking in the views of Kelling Heath and Sheringham Park and, to the north, the sea.
Owl's Roost has undergone a total transformation since the current owners took possession. Of particular note with this property, on a corner plot, is its setting along a quiet tree lined avenue with grass verges to either side. We would highly recommend viewing given the location and the extremely high standard of works carried out to now offer contemporary and bright interiors. The kitchen plus breakfast/utility room has been meticulously designed and executed including American oak worktops and glass splashbacks with an extensive range of Farrrow and Ball painted units including full heights storage and a magnificent pull out larder, Villeroy and Boch ceramic sink, integrated Siemens appliances and a stunning white Everhot electric range cooker.
Further improvements include American oak fitted wardrobes in 2 of the bedrooms, plantation style window shutters, solid oak doors, newly fitted family bathroom with separate shower cubicle and tasteful new décor throughout. In essence, the property has had a total renovation and it is only a change in circumstance which prompts a sale.
The property sits on a corner plot, behind mature trees overlooking the good-sized gravelled parking area to the front. The wraparound grounds are hedged and offer a high degree of privacy with attractive seating areas in different courtyard, terrace and lawned settings. The owner is a keen horticulturist so the gardens are a mass of colour and texture amongst more mature trees and shrubs and the pretty timber summerhouse.
The attached workshop (formerly the garage) offers potential for a number of uses including conversion into ancillary annex accommodation (subject to the usual planning permissions) or the reinstating of a garage and second driveway allowing covered storage for boats, caravan or motorhome, if required.
Directions NR25 6RD
Coming out of Holt on the A148 towards Cromer, continue along until you reach the sign for High Kelling. Take the 4th turning left into Avenue Road where the property can be found on the right hand side.
North Norfolk District Council, Band: E, Annual Cost: £1,896.84 2016/17
Mains water, mains electricity, mains gas, mains drainage. Gas-fired central heating to radiators.
Fixtures and Fittings
With the exception of carpets and the integrated Siemens refrigerator and dishwasher, items regarded as fixtures and fittings including curtains, light fittings, kitchen appliances and garden ornaments are excluded although these items may be available by separate negotiation.
Strictly by prior appointment with sole agents Jackson-Stops & Staff. If there is any point which is of particular importance to you, we invite you to discuss this with us, especially before you travel to view the property.
1. These particulars have been prepared in good faith as a general guide, they are not exhaustive and include information provided to us by other parties including the seller, not all of which will have been verified by us.
2. We have not carried out a detailed or structural survey; we have not tested any services, appliances or fittings. Measurements, floor plans, orientation and distances are given as approximate only and should not be relied on.
3. The photographs are not necessarily comprehensive or current, aspects may have changed since the photographs were taken. No assumption should be made that any contents are included in the sale.
4. We have not checked that the property has all necessary planning, building regulation approval, statutory or regulatory permissions or consents. Any reference to any alterations or use of any part of the property does not mean that necessary planning, building regulations, or other consent has been obtained.
5. Prospective purchasers should satisfy themselves by inspection, searches, enquiries, surveys, and professional advice about all relevant aspects of the property.
6. These particulars do not form part of any offer or contract and must not be relied upon as statements or representations of fact; we have no authority to make or give any representation or warranties in relation to the property. If these are required, you should include their terms in any contract between you and the seller.
More information from this agent
To view this media, please visit the on-line version of this page at www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-62051516.html?premiumA=true
Energy Performance Certificate (EPC) graphs
Map & Street View
Street View is unavailable in this location
Disclaimer - Property reference BUM160040. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Jackson-Stops & Staff, Burnham Market. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.