4 bedroom detached house for saleMundesley Road, Trunch, North Walsham, Norfolk
Sold STC £575,000
- Sitting room
- Dining room
- Kitchen/breakfast room
- Utility room
- Study area
- Bedroom with en suite shower room
- Master bedroom with en suite shower room
- 2 further bedrooms
- Family bathroom
Driving Distances (approx.)
- Mundesley: 2.5 miles
- North Walsham: 3 miles
- Cromer: 8 miles
- Norwich: 18 miles
Millers Farm is a charming 4 bedroom Elizabethan family house, standing in an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty, originally dating back to the 1580's. The property is of brick and flint construction under a pantiled roof and has recently been extensively but sympathetically renovated and extended by the present owners retaining many of its original features. The house offers comfortable accommodation and has the benefit of excellent natural light throughout, underfloor heating to the majority of the ground floor rooms and double glazing to some of the windows.
The property has a large sitting room with inglenook fireplace and wood burning stove, exposed oak beams, oak flooring and original Georgian window. The sitting room extends beyond to create a study area and a door leads through to the ground floor bedroom, a beautiful room with Douglas Fir Pine beams, French doors leading directly out to the garden and en suite shower room. There is a good sized separate dining room with original chestnut wood flooring, oak beams, inglenook fireplace and ESSE wood burner/cooker. The kitchen/breakfast room is accessed directly from the dining room and has Norfolk pamment tile flooring and bespoke tongue and groove style kitchen fittings, all produced from locally sourced wood. The utility room leads directly from the kitchen/breakfast room and beyond to the W.C.
The first floor is reached via a narrow Norfolk winder staircase, leading to the master bedroom with en suite shower room and solid wood floor. The second bedroom is of a good size with original fireplace and original Georgian window and solid wood flooring. There is a further bedroom, again with solid wood flooring and a family bathroom with traditional roll top claw bath completing the upstairs accommodation.
The long gravelled driveway leading to the property belongs to Millers Farm and one of the neighbouring barns has right of access. To the right of the property there is a large gravelled courtyard area, ideal for entertaining. A small outbuilding provides storage for the bore-hole cylinder and the owner currently houses the washing machine and tumble dryer here. The wonderfully natural cottage garden to the left of the property provides a tranquil setting and enjoys privacy and the morning and evening sun. In all, the garden forms a delightful and peaceful setting for this most attractive house.
The village of Trunch is situated just 3 miles north of North Walsham and 2 miles from the coastal village of Mundesley. Trunch has a village shop and public house and enjoys an active community. The nearby town of North Walsham has a wide range of amenities including supermarkets (Waitrose and Sainsbury's), shops, schools, dentists and two doctor's surgeries, as well as public transport (bus and rail) to Norwich.
The North Norfolk Coast is renowned for its sandy beaches, bird reserves and sailing facilities, whilst there are a number of golf courses nearby, namely Sheringham, Cromer, West Runton and The Norfolk Broads Complex is within easy driving distances.
The Cathedral City of Norwich is 18 miles south of Trunch and offers a vibrant arts and business community and is the regional centre for cultural and shopping amenities. There is a permanent market in the centre of the city and a wonderful Cathedral Close on the edge of the River Wensum. Norwich has a mainline railway station (London Liverpool Street, 100 minutes) and to the north of the city is Norwich International Airport.
Directions NR28 0QB
From Norwich take the B1150 North Walsham Road. Pass through Scottow and Westwick and continue to North Walsham. Turn left onto the A149 and continue straight onto the B1145, continue straight onto Trunch Road and then onto North Walsham Road on the approach into the village of Trunch. After approximately 1 mile turn right onto Back Street, take a slight left turn onto Mundesley Road. After approximately 0.5 mile the property will be found on the left hand side.
North Norfolk District Council, Band: E, Annual Cost: £1,948.46 (2016/17).
Mains sewage, private water (bore-hole), mains electricity and gas central heating.
Fixtures and Fittings
Items regarded as fixtures and fittings including carpets, curtains, light fittings, kitchen appliances and garden ornaments are excluded although these items may be available by separate negotiation.
Strictly by prior appointment with sole agents Jackson-Stops & Staff. If there is any point which is of particular importance to you, we invite you to discuss this with us, especially before you travel to view the property.
1. These particulars have been prepared in good faith as a general guide, they are not exhaustive and include information provided to us by other parties including the seller, not all of which will have been verified by us.
2. We have not carried out a detailed or structural survey; we have not tested any services, appliances or fittings. Measurements, floor plans, orientation and distances are given as approximate only and should not be relied on.
3. The photographs are not necessarily comprehensive or current, aspects may have changed since the photographs were taken. No assumption should be made that any contents are included in the sale.
4. We have not checked that the property has all necessary planning, building regulation approval, statutory or regulatory permissions or consents. Any reference to any alterations or use of any part of the property does not mean that necessary planning, building regulations, or other consent has been obtained.
5. Prospective purchasers should satisfy themselves by inspection, searches, enquiries, surveys, and professional advice about all relevant aspects of the property.
6. These particulars do not form part of any offer or contract and must not be relied upon as statements or representations of fact; we have no authority to make or give any representation or warranties in relation to the property. If these are required, you should include their terms in any contract between you and the seller.
More information from this agent
To view this media, please visit the on-line version of this page at www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-62067494.html
Energy Performance Certificate (EPC) graphs
Map & Street View
Street View is unavailable in this location
Disclaimer - Property reference NOR130176. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Jackson-Stops & Staff, Norwich. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.