4 bedroom semi-detached house for saleChurch Road, Southborough, Tunbridge Wells, Kent, TN4
Guide Price £745,000
- attached Grade II listed period house
- 4 bedrooms
- 2 reception rooms
- kitchen/breakfast room
- 1,957 sq ft
- well-placed for schools and transport links
- 2nd floor study
Delightful Grade II listed attached house overlooking Southborough Common, well-placed for local schools and transport links
Cats Castle enjoys direct access to Southborough Common with views of the cricket pitch and access to the many footpaths and walks that abound in the area, giving the property a rural feel. It lies between Tunbridge Wells and Tonbridge (both about 2 miles away) and Southborough (about 0.5 miles), which also offers a good range of local amenities including pubs, restaurants and shops (including a Tesco Express).
Schools: The property is well placed for access to a number of well regarded schools in both Tunbridge Wells and Tonbridge, including the Grammar schools.
Mainline rail: Tonbridge (about 2.1 miles) has fast and frequent services to London Charing Cross/Cannon Street from 42 minutes.
Communications: The property is conveniently located for access to the A21 (about 1.3 miles), which provides a direct link to the South Coast and to the M25 London orbital and thereby the national motorway network, Gatwick and Heathrow airports.
- entrance hall
- sitting room
- dining room
- kitchen / breakfast room
- 4 bedrooms (one with en suite shower)
- family room/bedroom 5
- 2nd floor study
- garage/workshop with utility area
- courtyard with wood store
Cats Castle is an elegant and attractive attached Grade II listed house possibly extended c1830 by Decimus Burton, according to its listing, and now stylishly updated and situated in a convenient semi-rural position on the historic Southborough Common. Points of note include:
- high ceilings, period fireplaces, pine panelled internal doors with brass fittings, wood framed multi-paned sash windows, deep skirting boards and coving, picture rails and oak flooring;
- sitting room featuring a bay window with views of the cricket pitch, a working fireplace with a marble hearth, oak mantel and surround, picture rails and oak parquet flooring;
- dining room with built-in cupboards, a working fireplace and glazed French doors framing a lovely view across the Common;
- kitchen open plan to well-proportioned breakfast room, fitted with wooden wall and base units with granite worktops and incorporating an American style fridge/freezer, Rangemaster cooker with a double oven, grill and a halogen hob with extractor over, Bosch dishwasher, woodburning stove and pretty stained glass inset French doors to the rear of the property;
- spacious master bedroom with an outlook from the bay window to the Common and featuring a period fireplace and a built-in cupboard;
- second bedroom with a view over the Common, period fireplace and en suite shower;
- two further bedrooms and a family room/bedroom 5 with window over the courtyard below;
- second floor attic room currently used as a study with access to eaves storage;
- integral garage/workshop with a utility area incorporating stainless steel sink and space for white goods.
Parking: The property is approached via a shared driveway from Churc h Road. An informal arrangement is in place with the local Council to permit parking for vehicles on the common land behind Cats Castle. Further spaces are available around the Common.
Services: Mains gas-fired central heating. Mains water, electricity and drainage.
Outgoings: Tunbridge Wells Borough Council: 01892 526121. Tax Band G.
Strictly by appointment with Savills on 01892 507000.
If there is any point which is of particular importance to you, we invite you to discuss this with us, especially before you travel to view the property.
There is a very small shared area forming a "flying freehold" between Oak Cottage and Cats Castle.
Taken March 2016
Savills, their clients and any joint agents give notice that:
1. They are not authorised to make or give any representations or warranties in relation to the property either here or elsewhere, either on their own behalf or on behalf of their client or otherwise. They assume no responsibility for any statement that may be made in these particulars. These particulars do not form part of any offer or contract and must not be relied upon as statements or representations of fact.
2. Any areas, measurements or distances are approximate. The text, images and plans are for guidance only and are not necessarily comprehensive. It should not be assumed that the property has all necessary planning, building regulation or other consents and Savills have not tested any services, equipment or facilities. Purchasers must satisfy themselves by inspection or otherwise.
Square Footage: 1,957 sq ft
From the M25, junction 5, head South on the A21 taking the A26 exit towards Tunbridge Wells. Follow the road for about 1.3 miles and turn right into Church Road opposite the Hand and Sceptre Pub. The property is the last house on the right before the Church.
More information from this agent
To view this media, please visit the on-line version of this page at www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-62090438.html
Map & Street View
Street View is unavailable in this location
Disclaimer - Property reference TUS130058. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Savills, Tunbridge Wells. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.