5 bedroom detached house for saleCoggins Mill Lane, Mayfield, East Sussex, TN20
Guide Price £950,000
- about 0.5 miles Mayfield village
- 5 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms
- impressive kitchen/dining room
- 3 reception rooms
- 2,667 sq ft
- mature garden
- meadow and orchard about 1.1 acres
- car port
- about 5 miles Wadhurst/Crowborough MLS
- EPC Rating = E
A five bedroom character home enjoying lovely views over mature gardens and conveniently located about half a mile from the centre of this popular village
The property is located in an elevated position, set well-back from Coggins Mill Lane which links the sought-after village of Mayfield to Tidebrook. Mayfield village is an active community with amenities including a convenience store, chemist, dentist, doctors' surgery, osteopath, delicatessen, grocer, baker, butcher, hairdressers, pubs, cafés and boutiques within easy reach. Further facilities can be found in Heathfield (5.6 miles), Wadhurst (4.8 miles), Crowborough (6 miles) and Tunbridge Wells (10 miles). All mileages are approximate.
State and private schools: Mayfield has its own Church of England primary school and Mayfield School for girls. Other schools in the area include Skippers Hill Preparatory in Five Ashes, Bricklehurst Manor in Stonegate and Vinehall in Robertsbridge. Wadhurst and Heathfield both have community colleges. There are public schools in Tonbridge, Sevenoaks and Eastbourne and grammar schools in Tunbridge Wells and Tonbridge.
Mainline rail: Crowborough (5.1 miles) London Bridge in about 1hr, Wadhurst (5 miles) London Charing Cross (via London Bridge and Waterloo East) and Cannon Street in about 1hr 05mins. Tunbridge Wells is a little further along the same line with services in just under 1 hour.
Communications: The M25 can be accessed via the A21 just North of Tunbridge Wells linking to other motorway networks, Gatwick and Heathrow Airports.
- entrance porch
- entrance hall
- sitting room
- family room
- open plan kitchen/dining room
- utility room
- 5 bedrooms (one en suite)
- family bathroom
- car port
- mature gardens
- in total about 1.10 acres
- EPC = E
An attractive 1920s house enjoying a good level of privacy and extended to the rear in 2007 to create excellent family living space, designed to maximise the enjoyment of the lovely elevated position and the large mature garden.
The property is conveniently located on the edge of the charming village of Mayfield, a short distance from the Rose and Crown pub and excellent local amenities, including a well-regarded primary school and Mayfield School for girls at secondary level. For commuters there is a choice of mainline stations within about five miles, offering services to London Bridge and London Charing Cross from about an hour. Points of note include:
- front entrance porch into a spacious entrance hall;
- impressive light-filled 33'10 x 18'7 Stephen Langer-designed country-style kitchen/dining room with large picture windows, a deep window seat and glazed doors framing a long view to the south-east, central island unit and under floor heating;
- 3 reception rooms comprising a south-east facing sitting room with French doors opening out to the terrace and a fireplace, a family room adjacent to the kitchen/dining room and a separate triple-aspect study;
- utility room with quarry tiled floor, space for appliances and a stable door out to the side;
- five bedrooms on the first floor, two with a far-reaching view over the garden and beyond, one en suite, plus a stylish family bathroom.
Of particular note is the large mature garden, extending to about 1.1 acres and providing a delightful outdoor environment for children and animals. Lying mostly to the rear, a wide paved terrace offers excellent space for outdoor entertaining being accessed from the kitchen/dining room and the sitting room, with steps down.
- well-stocked herbaceous borders and high hedging, mature trees and shrubs, giving a good level of privacy to the boundaries;
- path leading down to an enclosed kitchen garden, a mature cutting garden and an orchard at the bottom, with a shed and summerhouse and a further "wild" field beyond;
- long drive way approach leading up to the front of the property from the lane, with an area of lawn and shrub borders, a parking and turning area and a car port.
Services: Mains gas-fired central heating, mains water and drainage.
Outgoings: Wealden District Council: 01892 653311. Tax Band G (improvement indicator in place).
Strictly by appointment with Savills on 01892 507000. If there is any point which is of particular importance to you, we invite you to discuss this with us, especially before you travel to view the property.
Savills, their clients and any joint agents give notice that:
1. They have no authority to make or give any representations or warranties in relation to the property. These particulars do not form part of any offer or contract and must not be relied upon as statements or representations of fact.
2. Any areas, measurements or distances are approximate. The text, photographs and plans are for guidance only and are not necessarily comprehensive. It should not be assumed that the property has all necessary planning, building regulation or other consents and Savills have not tested any services, equipment or facilities. Purchasers must satisfy themselves by inspection or otherwise.
Square Footage: 2,667 sq ft
Acreage: 1.1 Acres
From Tunbridge Wells head South on the A267, through Frant, Mark Cross and Argos Hill. After approximately 8 miles turn left onto Tunbridge Wells Road towards Mayfield and on reaching a sharp right-hand bend by the primary school, turn left into Fletching Street. Proceed down the hill and bear left into Coggins Mill Lane by the Rose and Crown pub. Continue for about 0.2 miles and the entrance to Little Combe will be found on the right-hand side.
More information from this agent
To view this media, please visit the on-line version of this page at www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-62105435.html
Energy Performance Certificate (EPC) graphs
Map & Street View
Street View is unavailable in this location
Disclaimer - Property reference TUS160336. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Savills, Tunbridge Wells. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.