5 bedroom detached house for saleCherry Gardens Hill, Groombridge, Tunbridge Wells, Kent, TN3
- light and spacious family house
- well-placed for schools and stations
- 5 bedrooms
- 2 reception rooms
- 3,309 sq ft
- kitchen/breakfast room
- garage and outbuildings
- about 1.24 acres
- EPC Rating = D
A beautifully-presented barn-style 5 bedroom detached family home, situated within mature park-like gardens, on the southern outskirts of this popular village and in an area of Outstanding Natural Beauty.
Ramblers Rest lies about 1.3 miles to the South of the popular village of Groombridge, about 5.5 miles Southwest of Tunbridge Wells. Groombridge is best known for the historic Groombridge Place, with its award-winning gardens. The village has a thriving local community and amenities include a well-regarded primary school, GP's surgery, general store, bakery, post office, two churches and two public houses. Leisure facilities include a cricket ground, recreation ground with children's play area, the Forest Way Country Park with its 9.5 mile cycle path and the historic Groombridge Place. Crowborough (about 3.2 miles to the South) offers a wide range of everyday services, including Waitrose, Tesco, Lidl and Morrisons supermarkets.
State and private schools: Groombridge (St Thomas' C.E. - "Outstanding" Ofsted, June 2009), and St Michael's Withyham primaries. Preparatory schools include Holmewood House (Langton Green), Rose Hill (Tunbridge Wells), Ashdown House and Michael Hall Steiner Waldorf (Forest Row) and Brambletye (Ashurstwood). Kent grammar schools in Tunbridge Wells and Tonbridge and independent secondaries in Mayfield, Ardingly, Tonbridge and Sevenoaks.
Mainline rail: Eridge (about 2.8 miles), with journey times to London Bridge from 55 minutes and Tunbridge Wells (about 5.9 miles), Charing Cross (via London Bridge and Waterloo East) and Cannon Street from 50 minutes.
Communications: The M25 via the A22 to the West and the A21 to the East, links to the national motorway network and thereby to Heathrow and Gatwick airports, the south coast ports and the Channel Tunnel terminus.
- entrance porch
- open plan reception hall/dining room
- drawing room
- kitchen/breakfast/family room
- utility room
- master bedroom suite
- 4 further bedrooms
- family bath/shower room
- front and rear gardens
- integral double garage
- summer house and further outbuildings
- about 1.24 acres in all
- EPC = D
Ramblers Rest is a light and generously-proportioned family home offering a practical layout to accommodate the busy lives of a modern family. Constructed in 1986, the property has been improved and extended by the current owners and enjoys a lovely position on a large plot of 1.24 acres which is bordered by mature trees and hedging providing a good level of privacy. A glazed dining area to the rear offers garden views and floods the ground floor reception room with light.
Further points of note include:
- kitchen/breakfast/family room with travertine flooring, fitted with oak units under granite worktops. Integrated Neff appliances include an American-style fridge freezer, separate fridge, combination steam oven, microwave/grill, warming drawer, coffee machine, wine fridge, dishwasher and a Baumatic LPG-fuelled range with hob and extractor over. A separate island comprises a Baumatic induction hob and a granite-topped breakfast bar which seats up to four people. Separate utility room fitted to match the kitchen, with a 1 ½ bowl stainless steel sink, space for appliances, a shower cubicle and a door out to an integral heated garage;
- impressive reception hall open plan to the dining room with a feature fireplace, engineered oak flooring and a door opening out to the rear terrace and garden;
- triple-aspect drawing room with fully-glazed sliding doors opening out to the garden terrace, with a brick fireplace, flagstone hearth and an oak mantel;
- triple-aspect study with two sets of French doors out to the rear garden;
- sweeping staircase with a wooden balustrade rising up to a galleried landing;
- master bedroom with a delightful outlook over the rear and side gardens with built-in wardrobes, drawers, shelves and a dressing table, an en suite bathroom with a Jacuzzi bath;
- four further bedrooms, three with built-in wardrobes, and a family bath/shower room on the first floor.
The property is accessed from the road via a gravel driveway with a parking and turning area in front of the house and garage. The front garden is mainly laid to lawn and a five-bar gate on one side allows access for vehicles into the rear garden, should this be required. A post and rail fence on the other side keeps the garden well contained. A flagstone path leads from the driveway around one side of the house to the rear garden and terrace where there are steps up to the sweeping lawn. The terrace provides access to a greenhouse and shed plus a large area for outdoor living and entertaining accessed via the kitchen, study, dining room and drawing room.
A level lawn stretches behind the terrace and leads up to a separate brick-paved area which surrounds a tranquil pond with water lilies and a water feature. This is overlooked by a summer house with power and lighting, which provides a further area for outdoor entertaining. The park-like grounds carry on to a further area of garden which houses a double garage and a shed and is bordered by a field to the other side.
Agent's Note: Whilst the property postal address is Tunbridge Wells (Kent), Ramblers Rest is actually located in the county of East Sussex.
Services: Oil-fired central heating, mains electricity and water, private drainage.
Outgoings: Wealden District Council: 01892 653311. Tax Band G.
Viewing: Strictly by appointment with Savills on 01892 507000. If there is any point which is of particular importance to you, we invite you to discuss this with us, especially before you travel to view the property.
Savills, their clients and any joint agents give notice that:
1. They are not authorised to make or give any representations or warranties in relation to the property either here or elsewhere, either on their own behalf or on behalf of their client or otherwise. They assume no responsibility for any statement that may be made in these particulars. These particulars do not form part of any offer or contract and must not be relied upon as statements or representations of fact.
2. Any areas, measurements or distances are approximate. The text, images and plans are for guidance only and are not necessarily comprehensive. It should not be assumed that the property has all necessary planning, building regulation or other consents and Savills have not tested any services, equipment or facilities. Purchasers must satisfy themselves by inspection or otherwise.
Square Footage: 3,309 sq ft
Acreage: 1.24 Acres
From central Tunbridge Wells, follow the London Road (A26) South. Continue straight over the first roundabout and at the second roundabout take the second exit (right) onto Major Yorks Road. At the top of hill turn left at the mini roundabout onto the A264 towards Langton Green, East Grinstead and Groombridge.
Follow this road through Langton Green (when it becomes the B2110) down the hill into Groombridge village. At the mini roundabout, bear right onto the Withyham Road and take the left hand turn (effectively straight on) at the sharp right-hand bend once out of the village. The driveway to Ramblers Rest can be found after about a mile on the left-hand side.
More information from this agent
To view this media, please visit the on-line version of this page at www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-62112740.html
Energy Performance Certificate (EPC) graphs
Map & Street View
Street View is unavailable in this location
Disclaimer - Property reference TUS160330. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Savills, Tunbridge Wells. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.