4 bedroom detached house for saleThorpe Road, Peterborough
- * Planning pre-application enquiry in progress *
- Set back from the road on a good sized plot -
- Four double bedrooms - two with en-suite facilities - Four reception rooms
- Utility room - Boot room - Downstairs cloakroom
- Heated outdoor swimming pool - Beautiful mature landscaped gardens
A stunning detached property, situated on a large plot in the sought after area of Thorpe Road in Longthorpe. The property has been well maintained and improved by the current owners and has a spacious and contemporary feel throughout whilst retaining original features...
A stunning detached property, situated on a large plot in the sought after area of Thorpe Road in Longthorpe. The property has been well maintained and improved by the current owners and has a spacious and contemporary feel throughout whilst retaining original features including stone fireplaces and high ceilings. The property briefly comprises of an impressive entrance hall, four large reception rooms, a spacious family kitchen, utility room, boot room, downstairs cloakroom, a large re-fitted family bathroom and four double bedrooms with en-suite to the master and second bedroom. The property also benefits from beautiful landscaped rear gardens and an outdoor heated swimming pool.
The property is entered via a large storm porch with tiled flooring and has a beautiful established wisteria growing across the façade. The impressive entrance hall has stairs to first floor and doors giving access to the reception rooms, kitchen and also to a downstairs cloakroom. To the front of the property is a dining room, currently being used as a large study, with fireplace, high ceilings and windows overlooking the front garden. The family /play room has a bay window and patio doors overlooking the swimming pool.
To the rear of the entrance hall double doors give access to a family kitchen, fitted with a range of built in appliances, base and wall units light granite work surfaces over. The kitchen gives access to a large formal drawing room, a utility room, boot room and a further sitting room. The drawing room is an impressive formal space with stone fireplace and inset contemporary gas burning stove, cornice and large picture windows and doors overlooking the gardens to both the side and rear aspect. The sitting room is open plan to the kitchen and is a great family area with large windows and doors overlooking the gardens. The utility room is of a good size and is fitted with a range of base and full height units with worktops and sink, leading through a further door is a utility/boot room with laundry facilities and access door into the garage.
On the first floor, the landing is split level with the lower level giving access to the guest bedroom and the galleried landing gives access to the further three bedrooms including the master and also to the large family bathroom. The guest bedroom has windows overlooking the front garden, a dressing room and en-suite shower room. The master also has a large en-suite shower room and windows overlooking the front garden. The further two bedrooms are to the side and rear of the property with one benefitting from en-suite facilities. The spacious family bathroom is fitted with a contemporary suite and has a beautiful sunken bath with granite surfaces and also inset his 'n' hers sinks.
The vendor of this property has advised of a - Planning Pre-application enquiry
Proposal: Rear ground floor extension to kitchen and two first floor extensions at the side
and rear of existing house to create 2 additional bedrooms.
The property is accessed via wrought iron gates onto a sweeping hard standing driveway providing parking for several vehicles. The landscaped front gardens feature shrubs, borders and mature trees, with the rear garden mainly laid to lawn with a variety of shrubs, borders, mature trees and plants, all enclosed by fencing and hedging. A large patio area houses a heated swimming pool and further seating areas.
Thorpe Road is a popular and central location in Longthorpe, Peterborough, situated close to the City Centre which is approximately two miles away and has the main shopping district and offering a diverse range of restaurants and eateries, extensive retail opportunity, medical centre, the historic Cathedral and also with the main line train station providing fast and frequent rail links into London Kings Cross, with an advertised journey time of around 50 minutes. Ferry Meadows Country Park can be found nearby and offers walking and cycling routes, as well as extensive outdoor recreational activities such as water sports, golf courses, children's play parks and cafes. With the beautiful open rolling countryside of Cambridgeshire, Northamptonshire, Rutland and Norfolk all very accessible.
1. MONEY LAUNDERING REGULATIONS: Intending purchasers will be asked to produce identification documentation at a later stage and we would ask for your co-operation in order that there will be no delay in agreeing the sale.
2. General: While we endeavour to make our sales particulars fair, accurate and reliable, they are only a general guide to the property and, accordingly, if there is any point which is of particular importance to you, please contact the office and we will be pleased to check the position for you, especially if you are contemplating travelling some distance to view the property.
3. Measurements: These approximate room sizes are only intended as general guidance. You must verify the dimensions carefully before ordering carpets or any built-in furniture.
4. Services: Please note we have not tested the services or any of the equipment or appliances in this property, accordingly we strongly advise prospective buyers to commission their own survey or service reports before finalising their offer to purchase.
5. THESE PARTICULARS ARE ISSUED IN GOOD FAITH BUT DO NOT CONSTITUTE REPRESENTATIONS OF FACT OR FORM PART OF ANY OFFER OR CONTRACT. THE MATTERS REFERRED TO IN THESE PARTICULARS SHOULD BE INDEPENDENTLY VERIFIED BY PROSPECTIVE BUYERS OR TENANTS. NEITHER SHARMAN QUINNEY NOR ANY OF ITS EMPLOYEES OR AGENTS HAS ANY AUTHORITY TO MAKE OR GIVE ANY REPRESENTATION OR WARRANTY WHATEVER IN RELATION TO THIS PROPERTY.
More information from this agent
To view this media, please visit the on-line version of this page at www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-62121482.html?premiumA=true
Energy Performance Certificate (EPC) graphs
Map & Street View
Street View is unavailable in this location
Disclaimer - Property reference HUC100606. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Hurfords, Peterborough. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.