3 bedroom detached house for saleCommon Road, East Tuddenham, Norfolk
Sold STC £550,000
A well-presented 3 bedroom period cottage offering over 2600sq ft. of accommodation, set in a large plot extending to about 0.3 acres (stms) of beautifully landscaped gardens and adjoining paddock of about 0.9 acres (stms). It enjoys far-reaching views across open countryside to the front and rear.
- Entrance hall
- Dining room
- Sitting room
- Rear entrance with enclosed porch
Adjoining (linked) barn conversion
- Boot room
- Shower room
- Master bedroom with dressing room
- Family bathroom
- Double garage
- Attractive mature gardens, 0.3 acres (stms)
- Paddock, 0.9 acre (stms)
Driving Distances (approx.)
- Norwich 11.9 miles
- Wymondham 9.5 miles
- Dereham 9.4 miles
Crinoline House is a well-presented cottage believed to date back to the 1870's. The property is of red brick construction under a pantile roof and is double glazed throughout. The property has been extended over the years with the conversion of the original barn to form additional linked single storey accommodation. Crinoline House enjoys a rural setting, surrounded by spectacular countryside views.
The accommodation is approached through the front door into a spacious area that connects the former house and the more recently renovated barn. This area provides dual aspect views to the east and west and the present owners utilise this space as a music room. Doors lead directly to the main house, the extension and the garden. The main house is reached down a corridor, with utility room immediately off to the left and porch and rear door to the garden. In the sitting room there is a brick fireplace with wood mantle and wood burning stove and uninterrupted views across surrounding farmland. The kitchen is fully fitted with a range of Schmidt units and integrated appliances complete with granite worktops, tiled flooring and underfloor heating. The adjacent dining room is in an open plan design and French doors lead directly out to the garden.
The barn extension is reached directly from the main entrance and the accommodation comprises a boot room, which has the potential to be modified into a kitchen, thus creating a fully self-contained annexe, a shower room (separate hot water and heating tank from main house), a bedroom/study with fitted units and a further double bedroom. Original exposed beams are an attractive feature of the barn.
A Norfolk winder staircase leads to the first floor accommodation. The master bedroom has dual aspect views, to the west is open countryside and to the east are the mature gardens, paddock and farmland. There is a dressing area and fitted wardrobes in this room. The family bathroom and a further bedroom with fitted cupboards completes the first floor accommodation.
The attic space is accessed via a fitted loft ladder, the space is boarded, has headspace to walk, lighting and windows to either end.
Crinoline House is approached over a gravelled driveway. There is a parking area at the front with access through a picket fence gate to a lawned and terraced cottage garden with flint and brick wall surrounding. A 5 bar wooden gate leads to a double timber built garage (with electric doors) and shed at the rear of the property, the garden and paddock beyond. The gardens are a feature of the property and comprise areas of lawn, together with mature trees, established shrubs and hedges and attractive flowerbeds.
Located in rural East Tuddenham, Crinoline House is only a short drive from the A47, with easy access to Norwich and Dereham. The village itself includes a village hall, offering well-supported activities, a tennis court and a football pitch. Its pretty location also makes it popular with walkers all year round and for golfers, there are a number of good courses nearby. Proximity to Norwich means The University Hospital and Norwich Airport are just a 15 and 20 minute drive respectively. For those with young families, East Tuddenham is close to a number of well-reputed schools.
Directions NR20 3NF
From Norwich, head west on the A47, heading towards Dereham. At the Honingham roundabout take the exit signposted Mattishall and East Tuddenham. Continue on the Mattishall Road, passing All Saints Church on the right before entering the village - the road becomes The Street. Turn left into Common Road and head south passing a number of properties on either side of the road before becoming open fields on either side of the road. You will then see a small gravel track (Crinoline Lane) on your left hand side, pass this, continuing on Common Road where Crinoline House will be the 2nd property on your left.
Breckland District Council, Band E, Annual cost: £1,974.63 (2016/17).
Oil fired central heating, mains electricity, mains water, Klargester sewage treatment system.
Fixtures and Fittings
Items regarded as fixtures and fittings including carpets, curtains, light fittings, kitchen appliances and garden ornaments are excluded although these items may be available by separate negotiation.
Strictly by prior appointment with sole agents Jackson-Stops & Staff. If there is any point which is of particular importance to you, we invite you to discuss this with us, especially before you travel to view the property.
1. These particulars have been prepared in good faith as a general guide, they are not exhaustive and include information provided to us by other parties including the seller, not all of which will have been verified by us.
2. We have not carried out a detailed or structural survey; we have not tested any services, appliances or fittings. Measurements, floor plans, orientation and distances are given as approximate only and should not be relied on.
3. The photographs are not necessarily comprehensive or current, aspects may have changed since the photographs were taken. No assumption should be made that any contents are included in the sale.
4. We have not checked that the property has all necessary planning, building regulation approval, statutory or regulatory permissions or consents. Any reference to any alterations or use of any part of the property does not mean that necessary planning, building regulations, or other consent has been obtained.
5. Prospective purchasers should satisfy themselves by inspection, searches, enquiries, surveys, and professional advice about all relevant aspects of the property.
6. These particulars do not form part of any offer or contract and must not be relied upon as statements or representations of fact; we have no authority to make or give any representation or warranties in relation to the property. If these are required, you should include their terms in any contract between you and the seller.
More information from this agent
To view this media, please visit the on-line version of this page at www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-62173511.html?premiumA=true
Energy Performance Certificate (EPC) graphs
Map & Street View
Street View is unavailable in this location
Disclaimer - Property reference NOR160243. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Jackson-Stops & Staff, Norwich. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.