5 bedroom detached house for saleChurch Street, Yaxley, Peterborough
- UNDER OFFER
- Internal area of approximately 3,840 Sq. Ft. (sts)
- Updated and improved by the current owners
- Five bedrooms - three featuring en-suite facilities
- Study - Cellar - Cloakroom - Family room - Utility room
- Games room/Cinema
- UNDER OFFER - A beautifully presented detached property dating back to the 1700s, situated on a large plot in the sought after village of Yaxley. The property has spacious and flexible accommodation throughout with a contemporary feel in places and retains a wealth of character......
- UNDER OFFER - A beautifully presented detached property dating back to the 1700s, situated on a large plot in the sought after village of Yaxley. The property has spacious and flexible accommodation throughout with a contemporary feel in places and retains a wealth of character and original features including open fireplaces and exposed beams. Laurel House has been improved over recent years by the current owners to include a large family kitchen with sitting area and bi-fold doors opening onto the garden.
The property is entered via a spacious entrance hall with stairs to first floor and brick stairs with exposed stone wall leading down to the cellar. The property is typically double fronted with tiled flooring throughout and a reception room to either side of the hallway, one being a formal sitting room with brick fireplace, wooden flooring and windows overlooking the front. To the other side, a formal drawing room with brick fireplace, gas flame effect wood burning stove, wooden oak flooring and bay window to the front.
To the rear of the property is a large open plan live-in kitchen with seating area, the kitchen is fitted with a range of base and wall units with a large island and solid wooden worktops, open plan through to a sitting/dining area with bi-fold doors leading onto the garden. From the kitchen to the side, is access through to the utility room and the study/breakfast room, with exposed beams, part vaulted ceiling and exposed stonework. To the rear of the breakfast room is a small lobby, a cloakroom and door to the garden.
The cellar sits below the entrance hall and has a block paved floor, exposed stonework and is perfect for wine storage. The first floor galleried landing gives access to two large bedrooms at the front of the property, one being the master bedroom with oak flooring, a range of fitted wardrobes, exposed beams and storage cupboard, the other being the guest bedroom with an en-suite shower room.
There is a rear landing giving access to the family bathroom and a further double bedroom. The family bathroom is fitted with a contemporary five piece suite including his 'n' hers sinks and featuring exposed beams. On the second floor, a part galleried landing gives access to two further double bedrooms both having en-suite shower rooms.
Sitting room - 17'9 x 13'10 (5.41m x 4.21m)
Family room - 14'2 x 14'0 (4.31m x 4.26m)
Kitchen/breakfast room - to be confirmed
Utility room - 12'3 x 6'2 (3.73m X 1.88m)
Dining room - 19'9 x 8'0 (6.02m x 2.43m)
Study - to be confirmed
Cellar - 12'0 x 11'3 (3.65m x 3.42m)
Bedroom one - 18'0 x 13'7 (5.48m x 4.14m)
Bedroom two - 14'0 x 13'0 (4.26m x 3.96m)
Bedroom three - 13'6 x 10'8 (4.11m x 3.25m)
Second floor landing - with loft access
Bedroom four - 24'2 x 9'9 (7.36m x 2.97x)
Bedroom five - 13'5 x 11'9 (4.08m x 3.58m)
Games room/cinema - set over two areas;
14'2 x 11'9 (4.31m x 3.58m)
35'0 x 14'1 (10.66m x 4.29m)
The property is accessed to the side via wrought iron gates, giving access to a large gravel driveway providing off road parking for several vehicles and leading to the garage and games room. The games room has been set up as a cinema room and games room, with French doors giving access to the garden. The rear garden is mainly laid to lawn with a variety of shrubs and borders, large patio area providing several seating areas, all enclosed by stone walling and with fencing to the front.
Yaxley is a large village situated south of the City of Peterborough and is served extremely well with a wide range of amenities and facilities including a small parade of shops to include a supermarket and several small businesses, Post Office, hairdressers, restaurants and public houses. There is a primary school within the village, with secondary schools and colleges located nearby in the neighbouring villages of Sawtry and Farcet. Yaxley is well situated for easy access to both the A1 and A14 and is approximately six miles South East of Peterborough City Centre which houses the main line train station, providing high speed rail links into London Kings Cross with an advertised journey time of approximately 50 minutes.
1. MONEY LAUNDERING REGULATIONS: Intending purchasers will be asked to produce identification documentation at a later stage and we would ask for your co-operation in order that there will be no delay in agreeing the sale.
2. General: While we endeavour to make our sales particulars fair, accurate and reliable, they are only a general guide to the property and, accordingly, if there is any point which is of particular importance to you, please contact the office and we will be pleased to check the position for you, especially if you are contemplating travelling some distance to view the property.
3. Measurements: These approximate room sizes are only intended as general guidance. You must verify the dimensions carefully before ordering carpets or any built-in furniture.
4. Services: Please note we have not tested the services or any of the equipment or appliances in this property, accordingly we strongly advise prospective buyers to commission their own survey or service reports before finalising their offer to purchase.
5. THESE PARTICULARS ARE ISSUED IN GOOD FAITH BUT DO NOT CONSTITUTE REPRESENTATIONS OF FACT OR FORM PART OF ANY OFFER OR CONTRACT. THE MATTERS REFERRED TO IN THESE PARTICULARS SHOULD BE INDEPENDENTLY VERIFIED BY PROSPECTIVE BUYERS OR TENANTS. NEITHER SHARMAN QUINNEY NOR ANY OF ITS EMPLOYEES OR AGENTS HAS ANY AUTHORITY TO MAKE OR GIVE ANY REPRESENTATION OR WARRANTY WHATEVER IN RELATION TO THIS PROPERTY.
More information from this agent
To view this media, please visit the on-line version of this page at www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-62195363.html?premiumA=true
Energy Performance Certificate (EPC) graphs
Map & Street View
Street View is unavailable in this location
Disclaimer - Property reference HUC101091. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Hurfords, Peterborough. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.