4 bedroom detached house for saleWolvesnewton, Devauden, Chepstow, Sir Fynwy, NP16
- 2 Bathrooms
- 4 Bedrooms
- 3 Reception Rooms
- 4738 Approx Sq Ft
Superbly located detached period house with ancillary accommodation, outbuildings and land in a magical and peaceful rural situation
NP16 6PR (SatNav will take you to the property).
From Monmouth head south on the A40 and continue on this road past the Raglan turn, taking the next exit onto the A472 towards Usk. After a short distance take the first right signposted Llangwm/Chepstow/Gwenesney, passing through Llangwm and then take the left turn just past Llangwm Village Hall signposted Wolvesnewton/ Cobblers Plain and after about 2 miles the gated driveway entrance to the property will be on the left hand side.
By prior appointment via Grant & Co Estate Agents on 01531 637341.
This historic property, formerly believed to have been one of four Manor Houses in the hamlet in 13th/14th Century, occupies the site of an ancient camp or stronghold, and the remains of a large portion of the moat (a Scheduled Ancient Monument) still remains.
Wolvesnewton has a Church, dating back to the 13th Century. The attractive local town of Usk is nearby and provides a good variety of amenities to meet most day-to-day requirements, including a selection of shops, pubs, a museum, church, garden centre and primary school. There is also a twice-monthly farmers market and the annual Usk Show, an agricultural show which has taken place every year since 1844. More comprehensive retail and cultural amenities are available in Chepstow, Monmouth & Cardiff.
The area is renowned for its wealth of sporting and recreational activities, including fine walks and scenic cycle rides, fishing, riding, golf and water sports. Tintern Abbey and Chepstow Castle are within easy reach. The popular Abergavenny Food Festival takes place annually. Usk itself is home to an historic Norman castle, believed to date back to c.1120, which is open to the public and hosts a number of events throughout the year.
The region has a strong equestrian industry. Equestrian college at Coleg Gwent, Usk Campus offers a range of career training and also runs public equine events. Usk Show hosts a variety of events for a range of classes. In addition, there are a number of equestrian centres in the area, including Triley Fields EC near Abergavenny, who offer schooling, events & use of facilities. Racing is at Chepstow.
Mains electricity. Mains water. Private drainage (septic tank). Oil-fired central heating. Broadband is available and connected (Superfast Broadband due to be connected).
Monmouthshire County Council: 01633 644644.
* House Band I (£3,198.55 2016/17) * Flats all Band A (£937.00 2016/17 Eligible for 100% Business Rates Relief).
* House; Rated F. * Byre Cottage; Rated E. * Lower Granary; Rated E. * Upper Granary; Rated E.
This property is not Listed.
A footpath crosses the land. See Sale Plan for details.
* Primary: Usk, Shirenewton, Raglan, Chepstow * Secondary: Chepstow, Pontypool, Monmouth. Further information available at: www.monmouthshire.gov.uk * Independent: Chepstow & Monmouth. Further information available at: www.isc.co.uk
* A long, private, tarmac driveway leads to the property and ample gravelled parking areas. * The property is surrounded by its own well-kept grounds; lawned areas and attractive, maturely planted gardens complement the superb situation. * Abour 13 acres of level pastureland with water supply, about 5 acres of private woodland, 2 wildlife ponds, raised ornamental pond, vegetable patch and fruit trees, including Bramley and Fig. * 3, 1 bedroom apartments offer potential for additional income or multi-generational living, subject to the necessary consents. * Double garage and workshop, conservatory/hothouse, variety of stone outbuildings, modern agricultural barn.
* The original part of the property is believed to date back to 16th Century, subsequently having been extended to its current form over time to provide a wonderful home in a truly outstanding location. * An array of period features, including exposed timbers, original flagstone floors, exposed stone walls, inglenook fireplaces and old stone spiral staircase add to the charm of this spacious, light and airy property. * 4 good-sized double bedrooms; Master with walk-in wardrobe and potential for reinstatement of en-suite bathroom (currently used as a second family bathroom). * The sitting room features French doors out to the garden and a superb original stone inglenook fireplace with oak lintel and firedogs/basket a wood-burning stove could easily be installed if required. * The barn adjoining the sitting room has lapsed PP to convert to provide additional 2-storey living accommodation, which could be reinstated subject to obtaining the necessary consents.
Summary of Features
* Charming and spacious detached period house (4,738 sq ft) with additional accommodation * 4 double bedrooms and 2 family bathrooms to the main house; ancillary accommodation offers 3 further bedrooms/bathrooms * Country-style fitted Aga kitchen/breakfast room with central island and integrated cooker and dishwasher * Spacious sitting room and attached barn with potential, dining room, study, utility, cellar * 3 flats, each with 1 bedroom, 1 bathroom and open-plan kitchen/living space * Well-maintained gardens, level pasture land, woodland, a variety of outbuildings and ample parking
* Mileages: Usk 6 miles, Chepstow 8 miles, Monmouth 12 miles, Abergavenny 16½ miles, Ross-on-Wye 22 miles, Bristol 26½ miles, Cardiff 34 miles, Gloucester 46 miles * Road: M4 (Jct 24) 11 miles * Railway: Chepstow * Airport: Bristol, Cardiff
In all 21 Acres
Wolvesnewton (meaning new town under the fort) is a small village in the community of Devauden in south-east Wales. The property is situated in a beautiful rural setting within 21 acres of gardens, pastureland and woodland, surrounded by the rolling Welsh countryside and enjoying outstanding views. Located between the Brecon Beacons National Park and The Wye Valley, this area is renowned for its natural beauty. The property enjoys a high degree of peace and tranquillity and offers a much sought after rural quality of life, with excellent access to the main towns of Chepstow, Monmouth and Abergavenny, with good road and rail links to the rest of the country.
More information from this agent
To view this media, please visit the on-line version of this page at www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-62228426.html?premiumA=true
Energy Performance Certificate (EPC) graphs
Map & Street View
Street View is unavailable in this location
Disclaimer - Property reference HFD150259. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Grant & Co, Ledbury. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.