5 bedroom detached house for saleDesborough Road, Rothwell, Kettering
Guide Price £850,000
- Character Rothwell Residence
- 17th Century Priory
- Beautiful Character Features
- Imposing Entrance Hall
- Detached Office & Garaging
- Five Double Bedrooms
- Three Reception Rooms
- Viewing Highly Recommended
MAGNIFICENT 17th CENTURY PRIORY - PRIVATE ENCLOSED LOCATION - A rarely available character property offering a wealth of features and five double bedrooms. Both internally and externally this fabulous family residence is presented in outstanding condition throughout. Viewing is highly recemmended.
COVERED PORCH - (Dated 1631)
Exposed stonework giving access to a hardwood front door.
ENTRANCE HALL 29' in length (8.83m)
An imposing and grand feel to this area with stairs rising to first floor landing. Flagstone flooring. Exposed stone walls and beams. Archway leading to further downstairs accommodation.
FORMAL LOUNGE 17'3 x 16'5 (5.25m x 5.00m)
Sash windows to front and side aspects. Flagstone flooring. Exposed beams. Inset lighting. Open fire place with stone hearth and surround. Radiator. Wall light points.
DINING ROOM 16'8 x 14'2 (5.08m x 4.31m)
Sash windows to front and side aspects with fitted shutters. Wooden flooring. Two radiators. Ornate fireplace with original tiles.
READING ROOM 18'8 x 8'9 (5.69m x 2.66m)
Window to side aspect with fitted shutters. Fireplace with marble surround and inset living flame gas fire. Parquet flooring. Radiator. Under stairs storage cupboard.
KITCHEN/BREAKFAST ROOM 18'5 x 16'9 (5.61m x 5.10m)
Windows to side and rear aspects. Units to base and wall with granite work surfaces over. Exposed stone walling and exposed beams. Inglenook effect space for range style cooker. Space for American style fridge/freezer. Radiator. Fitted corner display cabinets. Central island incorporating breakfast bar, granite work surface and semi inset polished stone basin with swan neck mixer tap. Integrated dishwasher. Wall mounted plate rack. Tiled flooring. Down lighting.
Access to rear porch. Door to cloakroom. Second staircase rising to first floor landing. Door to utility room.
Suite comprising wash hand basin and high flush WC. Obscure window to rear garden.
UTILITY ROOM 11'4 x 9' (3.45m x 2.74m)
Units to base and wall with work surfaces over. Door leading to reading room. Window to rear aspect. Two radiators. One and a half bowl single drainer stainless steel sink unit. Plumbing and space for automatic washing machine and space for tumble dryer. Door to:
Window to side aspect with tiled window sill. Suite comprising low level WC, vanity mounted wash hand basin and tiled shower cubicle. Towel rail style radiator.
CELLAR 16'8 x 10' (5.08m x 3.04m)
Window to side aspect. Radiator.
FIRST FLOOR LANDING 25'1 x 18'1 (7.64m x 5.51m)
Galleried landing. Two linen cupboards. Radiator. Sash window to front aspect with window seat. Access to both staircases. Access to loft space.
BEDROOM ONE 17'3 x 14'5 (5.25m x 4.39m)
Built in wardrobes. Windows to front and side aspects. Wall light points. Radiator. Door to:
Suite comprising low level WC, vanity mounted wash hand basin and corner shower cubicle. Additional vanity unit. Towel rail style radiator. Extractor fan.
BEDROOM TWO 17'11 x 11'4 (5.46m x 3.45m)
Window to side aspect. Radiator. Down lighting. Storage cupboard. Decorative fireplace.
BEDROOM THREE 17'3 x 11'4 (5.25m x 3.45m)
Window to side aspect. Built in wardrobe. Radiator. Decorative fireplace. Storage cupboard.
BEDROOM FOUR 16' x 14' (4.87m x 4.26m)
Windows to front and side aspects with window seat and fitted shutters. Decorative fireplace with timber surround. Radiator. Wooden flooring.
BEDROOM FIVE 12'5 x 9'8 (3.78m x 2.94m)
Two windows to rear aspect. Radiator.
Suite comprises double shower enclosure, tile sided bath, ceramic wash hand basin and low level WC. Radiator. Inset spotlights. Towel rail style radiator. Shaver point. Frosted window to rear aspect. Tiled vanity shelf.
Set back from the road and fully enclosed by mature trees, this property enjoys a high level of privacy. The majority of the gardens are laid predominantly to lawns although include extensively manicured flower and shrub borders. The grounds themselves also provide external entertaining areas, decorative hard standing which altogether provides very flexible outside spaces.
DETACHED OFFICE WITH GYM & DOUBLE GARAGE
Double garage - 18'8 x 17'2 (5.69m x 5.23m)
Double doors to front, window to side aspect, power and light.
Gym - 18' x11' (5.48m x 3.35m)
Double timber doors to front , power and light.
Office - 17'2 in length (5.23m)
Situated above the gym with access via outside steps. Windows to front and side, exposed A Frame, base level units with single drainer sink unit.
Reached via double metal gates and providing extensive off road parking with access to the double garage and the rear of the main house.
1. MONEY LAUNDERING REGULATIONS: Intending purchasers will be asked to produce identification documentation at a later stage and we would ask for your co-operation in order that there will be no delay in agreeing the sale.
2. General: While we endeavour to make our sales particulars fair, accurate and reliable, they are only a general guide to the property and, accordingly, if there is any point which is of particular importance to you, please contact the office and we will be pleased to check the position for you, especially if you are contemplating travelling some distance to view the property.
3. Measurements: These approximate room sizes are only intended as general guidance. You must verify the dimensions carefully before ordering carpets or any built-in furniture.
4. Services: Please note we have not tested the services or any of the equipment or appliances in this property, accordingly we strongly advise prospective buyers to commission their own survey or service reports before finalising their offer to purchase.
5. THESE PARTICULARS ARE ISSUED IN GOOD FAITH BUT DO NOT CONSTITUTE REPRESENTATIONS OF FACT OR FORM PART OF ANY OFFER OR CONTRACT. THE MATTERS REFERRED TO IN THESE PARTICULARS SHOULD BE INDEPENDENTLY VERIFIED BY PROSPECTIVE BUYERS OR TENANTS. NEITHER SHARMAN QUINNEY NOR ANY OF ITS EMPLOYEES OR AGENTS HAS ANY AUTHORITY TO MAKE OR GIVE ANY REPRESENTATION OR WARRANTY WHATEVER IN RELATION TO THIS PROPERTY.
More information from this agent
To view this media, please visit the on-line version of this page at www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-62243360.html?premiumA=true
Energy Performance Certificate (EPC) graphs
Map & Street View
Street View is unavailable in this location
Disclaimer - Property reference KPL201643. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Pattison Lane, Kettering. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.