4 bedroom detached house for saleBishops Down Park Road, Tunbridge Wells, Kent, TN4
Sold STC £875,000
- well-placed for schools, town and station
- 4 bedrooms
- 2 reception rooms
- kitchen/breakfast room
- 2,218 sq ft plus integral double garage
- enclosed rear garden
- driveway parking
- PV solar panels
- EPC Rating = C
An immaculately-presented 4 bedroom family house of 2,218 sq ft plus an integral double garage, with generously-sized rooms, tucked away in a private cul-de-sac, well-placed for schools, town amenities and the mainline station
Tunbridge Wells is the only spa town in the Southeast of England, with elegant architecture and a variety of cultural, entertainment and shopping attractions, including the Chalybeate Spring, two theatres, cafés and restaurants and a mixture of national multiple retailers and independent shops.
Bishops Down Park Road is located on the West side of the town, about 0.78 miles on foot from the main shopping centre, which lies to the East, and within 0.89 miles on foot of the High Street and mainline station, to the Southeast, all of which can be reached via footpaths across the nearby Common.
State and private schools: Many highly-regarded schools in the area include Rose Hill preparatory school, Bishops Down Primary School, The Skinners' School, Tunbridge Wells Girls' and Boys' grammars, Bennett Memorial Diocesan and St Gregory's.
Mainline rail: Tunbridge Wells (about 0.89 miles on foot), with fast and frequent services to London Charing Cross (via London Bridge and Waterloo East) and Cannon Street with journey times from 50 minutes.
Communications: The A26 joins the A21 just North of the town, linking through to the M25 (junction 5) London orbital motorway and thereby to the national motorway network, and to the South coast. Gatwick Airport is about 24 miles to the West, accessible via the motorway or via the A264.
- entrance porch
- entrance hall
- family/cinema room
- sitting room
- kitchen/breakfast room
- utility room
- master bedroom en suite
- 3 further double bedrooms
- family bathroom
- integral double garage and garden store
- off-street parking
- South-southeast-facing rear garden
- about 0.16 acres
- EPC = C
Leighside was constructed in the 1970s and has been extensively updated over the years by the current owners to provide a stylish and comfortable family home. Situated in an elevated position in this popular residential area, sought-after for its proximity to well-regarded schools, the property benefits from high ceilings, generous windows and good room sizes which, coupled with the modern fittings and finishes, create light and spacious accommodation with a contemporary feel. Further points of note include:
- oak internal doors and a turned staircase with an oak balustrade and handrail;
- ground floor family/cinema room with French doors out to the side garden;
- dual-aspect kitchen/breakfast room with lovely views over the western edge of Tunbridge Wells. Welsh slate flooring with underfloor heating and painted wood wall and base units under oak-edged Corian worktops, featuring an island unit and a dresser. Integrated appliances include an electric oven, 4-ring gas hob with extractor over and an oven/microwave. Space for a dishwasher;
- separate utility room with a door out and steps down to the garden terrace;
- triple-aspect sitting room with sliding French doors to a balcony to the front and further French doors out to the rear garden terrace. Contemporary woodburning stove fitted into the chimney breast with a Cotswold Stone hearth below;
- study with a fitted bookcase and an outlook over the garden;
- master bedroom with a delightful outlook over the rear garden to the wooded townscape beyond, extensive fitted cupboards, a fitted dressing table with mirror above and an en suite shower room with an Aqualisa power shower;
- 3 further bedrooms and a well-appointed family bathroom with power shower complete the accommodation.
The property is approached from the road over a brick-paved driveway providing off-street parking and leading to the integral double garage. The house is set back from the road behind two areas of level lawn and a path leads from the driveway beside the house and through a gate to the rear garden.
The attractive mature rear garden is a good size for a town property, a paved terrace spanning across the back of the house, accessed from the sitting and utility rooms and with an electric retractable awning giving shade in the summer months. Steps rise up from here to an area of lawn which is bordered by mixed beds which open out into a rockery rising up towards an elevated seating area to the south-eastern corner of the garden. This area is accessed via a decked walkway leading from the lawn and is well-screened to the sides by a mature yew tree and evergreen shrubs, offering a delightful spot with a secluded feel for quiet contemplation.
Services: Mains gas-fired central heating. Mains water, electricity and drainage. 16 PV Solar Panels generating up to 4KW of electricity and a Feed In Tariff running up to November 2036. Please refer to the office for information on recent Feed In Tariff payments.
Outgoings: Tunbridge Wells Borough Council: 01892 526121. Tax band G.
Agent's Notes: The property is owned by a member of Savills' staff. Bishops Down Park Road is a private road owned by a company in which the householders in the road own shares.
Strictly by appointment with Savills on 01892 507000. If there is any point which is of particular importance to you, we invite you to discuss this with us, especially before you travel to view the property.
Savills, their clients and any joint agents give notice that:
1. They have no authority to make or give any representations or warranties in relation to the property. These particulars do not form part of any offer or contract and must not be relied upon as statements or representations of fact.
2. Any areas, measurements or distances are approximate. The text, photographs and plans are for guidance only and are not necessarily comprehensive. It should not be assumed that the property has all necessary planning, building regulation or other consents and Savills have not tested any services, equipment or facilities. Purchasers must satisfy themselves by inspection or otherwise.
Square Footage: 2,218 sq ft
Acreage: 0.16 Acres
From central Tunbridge Wells, head West on the A264, Church Road, carrying straight on at the traffic lights on the Common. Take the first turning on the right, Castle Road, turning right again at the top onto Mount Ephraim. Take the first turning left into Molyneux Park Road, continuing down to the bottom of the hill, then turning left into Bishops Down Park Road.
Leighside lies about 350 yards along on the left-hand side, on the corner of the driveway leading to Bredbury Cottage and Wellswood. For those using a satellite navigation system, please use postcode TN4 8XX which will take you to the correct end of the road for access to the property.
More information from this agent
To view this media, please visit the on-line version of this page at www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-62267342.html
Energy Performance Certificate (EPC) graphs
Map & Street View
Street View is unavailable in this location
Disclaimer - Property reference TUS160016. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Savills, Tunbridge Wells. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.