8 bedroom detached house for saleBell Lane, Smarden, Kent, TN27 8PP
- Striking Grade II Listed Country House
- Master Bedroom with Ensuite
- Detached Two Bedroom Oast, Thatched Barn
- Five Further Bedrooms, Two Interconnect
- Four Reception Rooms and Entrance Hall
- Swimming Pool and Recreational Barn
- Spacious Kitchen/Breakfast Room
- Garden and Grounds Approx. 9.3 Acres
Situated on the outskirts of Smarden, this striking Grade II Listed country house is believed to date, in part, from the mid 16th century. Later extensions have utilized reclaimed materials including a 'dragon beam', Bethersden marble and an ornate stone fireplace. Together with the house there is a detached two bedroom oast, a recreational open barn and an unconverted thatched barn.
Smarden is a delightful village, it is a small rural medieval Weaving Village with around 200 buildings of architectural and historical note dating from the 4th Century.
Smarden enjoys traditional village amenities including a Butcher, Post Office, Art Gallery, Public House/Inn, School, Village Hall and St Michaels Church. The village enjoys a vibrant and active community life.
There are many excellent state and public schools within the area.
Headcorn is the nearest mainline station, approximately 3 miles from Smarden offering a service to Charing Cross and Cannon Street.
More information from this agent
To view this media, please visit the on-line version of this page at www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-62291621.html
Map & Street View
Street View is unavailable in this location
Disclaimer - Property reference 358404. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Harpers and Hurlingham, Cranbrook. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
* This is the maximum possible speed. Broadband speed may be lower at peak times and can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed you receive where you live may be lower than that listed above. Fibre/cable services at your postcode are subject to availability. You can confirm availability on the provider's website. The information is provided and maintained by comparethemarket.com
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.