3 bedroom detached house for saleMarsh Road, South Walsham, Norfolk
Guide Price £495,000
- Sitting room
- Dining room/Snug
- Large farmhouse kitchen/breakfast/dining room
- Study/bedroom 4
- Cloakroom with shower
- Master bedroom with en suite bathroom
- 2 further bedrooms
- Family bathroom
- Store room
- Garage and parking for several cars
- Terrace and garden
- Wonderful marsh views
Driving Distances (approx.)
- Norwich 10 miles
- Acle 3 miles
- Great Yarmouth 12 miles
Tiled Cottage stands at the end of a no-through road which leads on to the marshes. The property enjoys wonderful views over the marshes towards the River Bure and St Benet's Abbey. It is situated within the Norfolk Broads National Park, an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty and renowned for its wealth of flora and fauna. The village of South Walsham has a post office and village store, an award winning primary school, two public houses and unusually, two churches in adjoining church yards. South Walsham Broad is only a 5 minute walk away, where there is a boatyard, moorings and nature reserve.
The property is well placed for easy access to The Cathedral City of Norwich, with its excellent schools, shopping and cultural facilities, together with main line railway station and expanding airport. The village is also within easy reach of the A47, giving access both east and west. The nearby village of Acle offers good local shopping facilities and local schools and Acle railway station offers a regular service to Norwich and Great Yarmouth.
Tiled Cottage occupies a wonderful location at the end of the no-through road on the edge of the grazing marshes leading down to the River Bure and across to South Walsham Broad. The house was recently totally renovated and extended and now comprises a character cottage with comfortable and easily run accommodation, finished to a high standard and with many character features. The accommodation comprises entrance porch leading to the hall, with door through to the large L shaped sitting room with inglenook fireplace and inset wood burning stove, exposed beams and triple aspect with double doors to the outside. From the hall is the dining room, at present used as a sitting room/snug, also with inglenook fireplace and exposed beams. Beyond this is the large modern kitchen/breakfast/dining room with an extensive range of units, tiled floor and double doors leading out to the terrace and garden. A rear hall/utility gives access through to the study which could also be used as bedroom 4 and there is a cloakroom/shower room nearby. A stable door leads to the garage and driveway.
On the first floor, accessed from the west staircase, is the master bedroom with en suite bathroom, walk-in wardrobe and other built-in wardrobes and views across the marshes. There are two further good-sized bedrooms and a family bathroom accessed from the east staircase.
Tiled Cottage's paved terrace leading out from the kitchen is ideal for alfresco dining and entertaining. The gardens, which are laid to lawn contain a number of trees and are surrounded by hedges, there is scope to further plant within the garden. A feature of the garden are the wonderful views over the surrounding marshes, South Walsham Broad and the River Bure.
Directions NR13 6EG
Leave Norwich on the B1140 and proceed through Thorpe End Garden Village and Panxworth to South Walsham. On entering the village proceed past the village shop and public house and the two churches and then turn left into School Road, where signposted to The Water Gardens. At the village pond turn left into Broad Lane and then at the cross-roads, turn right into Marsh Road. The property will be found at the end of the road on the left hand side. Please note the property is not accessible by vehicle from the east (Low Farm direction).
Broadland District Council, Band E, Annual cost: £1,912.64 (2016/17).
Mains water and electricity, private drainage, gas fired central heating.
Fixtures and Fittings
Items regarded as fixtures and fittings including curtains, light fittings, kitchen appliances and garden ornaments are excluded although these items may be available by separate negotiation.
Strictly by prior appointment with sole agents Jackson-Stops & Staff. If there is any point which is of particular importance to you, we invite you to discuss this with us, especially before you travel to view the property.
1. These particulars have been prepared in good faith as a general guide, they are not exhaustive and include information provided to us by other parties including the seller, not all of which will have been verified by us.
2. We have not carried out a detailed or structural survey; we have not tested any services, appliances or fittings. Measurements, floor plans, orientation and distances are given as approximate only and should not be relied on.
3. The photographs are not necessarily comprehensive or current, aspects may have changed since the photographs were taken. No assumption should be made that any contents are included in the sale.
4. We have not checked that the property has all necessary planning, building regulation approval, statutory or regulatory permissions or consents. Any reference to any alterations or use of any part of the property does not mean that necessary planning, building regulations, or other consent has been obtained.
5. Prospective purchasers should satisfy themselves by inspection, searches, enquiries, surveys, and professional advice about all relevant aspects of the property.
6. These particulars do not form part of any offer or contract and must not be relied upon as statements or representations of fact; we have no authority to make or give any representation or warranties in relation to the property. If these are required, you should include their terms in any contract between you and the seller.
More information from this agent
To view this media, please visit the on-line version of this page at www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-62333420.html?premiumA=true
Energy Performance Certificate (EPC) graphs
Map & Street View
Street View is unavailable in this location
Disclaimer - Property reference NOR160260. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Jackson-Stops & Staff, Norwich. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.