5 bedroom detached house for saleCastle Acre Road, Great Dunham, Norfolk
Sold STC £450,000
- Dining room
- Sitting room
- Kitchen/breakfast room
- Landing with study area
- 4 bedrooms, all with en suite shower rooms
- Family bathroom
- Double garage
- Self-contained annexe with kitchen/sitting room, bedroom & bathroom
- Large gardens of about 0.75 acres (stms)
Driving Distances (approx.)
- Swaffham 5 miles
- Dereham 9 miles
- Norwich 24 miles
- The coast 20 miles
Paddock House stands in a quiet setting fronting on to a minor lane in this attractive small village of Great Dunham. The village has an Offsted-rated good primary school and Litcham, two miles to the north offers local facilities with post office, shop, butcher and schools.
The Market Town of Swaffham has a Waitrose, ASDA and Tesco's supermarkets and other facilities. Mainline trains can be had from stations at both Kings Lynn and Downham Market with regular intercity connections to Cambridge and London (Kings Cross, 90 mins).
The North Norfolk coast with its renowned sandy beaches, bird reserves and sailing facilities is within easy driving distance and the Cathedral City of Norwich is easily accessed via the A47. There are a number of golf courses and other facilities in the area.
Paddock House is a substantial modern family house built in 2006 to a high standard. The house has the benefit of ground source heating and there is underfloor heating throughout. There is also an air exchange unit which operates throughout the house, filtering the air and changing it approximately every two hours. This enables the house to be run extremely economically and there is also a multi-fuel stove in the sitting room. The house has spacious and light accommodation with four bedrooms on the first floor, all having en suite shower rooms and a separate family bathroom.
Adjoining the house and accessed via a door from the kitchen is the self-contained annexe offering sitting/kitchen, double bedroom and bathroom and being fully self-contained with separate access which has been let as a holiday cottage by the present owners. Paddock House enjoys an outlook over its own large garden of nearly 0.75 acres (stms) and the surrounding fields. This has been used for holiday letting in the past and has proved very popular.
The accommodation comprises porch, hall with stone flagged floor, cloakroom with W.C., good-sized dining room, sitting room with dual aspect, oak boarded floor, fireplace with multi-fuel stove and double doors leading to the terrace and garden. The large kitchen/breakfast room has a sitting area, range of oak kitchen units with granite worktops, stone flagged floor and door to the garden. There is a utility room off with larder cupboard.
On the first floor is a large landing with oak boarded floor and study area. The master bedroom has a range of fitted cupboards and dressing table, together with en suite shower room, whilst the three further bedrooms all have en suite shower rooms. In addition, there is a family bedroom.
Attached to the house is a double garage with electric up-and-over door, space for workshop and this also houses the ground source heat pump.
The gardens are a feature of the property and comprise large paved terrace leading to areas of lawn interspersed with shrub and flower borders, hedges and there is a greenhouse and garden shed. Much of the garden is bounded by mature hedges or boarded fencing. In all, the gardens extend to about 0.75 of an acre (stms).
Directions PE32 2LL
From Norwich or Swaffham take the A47 and turn off where signposted to the Dunham's. Follow this road through Little Dunham and into Great Dunham. In the village turn left into Castle Acre Road. Paddock House is the third house along on the left hand side.
Breckland District Council, House - Band: E, Annual cost: £ 1,826.58.
Annexe - Band: A, Annual Cost: £996.32 (2016/17).
Mains water and electricity, private drainage with modern system, ground source heat pump providing underfloor heating and air exchange units throughout the property.
Fixtures and Fittings
Items regarded as fixtures and fittings including carpets, curtains, light fittings, kitchen appliances and garden ornaments are excluded although these items may be available by separate negotiation.
Strictly by prior appointment with sole agents Jackson-Stops & Staff. If there is any point which is of particular importance to you, we invite you to discuss this with us, especially before you travel to view the property.
1. These particulars have been prepared in good faith as a general guide, they are not exhaustive and include information provided to us by other parties including the seller, not all of which will have been verified by us.
2. We have not carried out a detailed or structural survey; we have not tested any services, appliances or fittings. Measurements, floor plans, orientation and distances are given as approximate only and should not be relied on.
3. The photographs are not necessarily comprehensive or current, aspects may have changed since the photographs were taken. No assumption should be made that any contents are included in the sale.
4. We have not checked that the property has all necessary planning, building regulation approval, statutory or regulatory permissions or consents. Any reference to any alterations or use of any part of the property does not mean that necessary planning, building regulations, or other consent has been obtained.
5. Prospective purchasers should satisfy themselves by inspection, searches, enquiries, surveys, and professional advice about all relevant aspects of the property.
6. These particulars do not form part of any offer or contract and must not be relied upon as statements or representations of fact; we have no authority to make or give any representation or warranties in relation to the property. If these are required, you should include their terms in any contract between you and the seller.
More information from this agent
To view this media, please visit the on-line version of this page at www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-62337860.html?premiumA=true
Energy Performance Certificate (EPC) graphs
Map & Street View
Street View is unavailable in this location
Disclaimer - Property reference NOR150146. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Jackson-Stops & Staff, Norwich. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.