3 bedroom character property for saleClay Lane, Castor, Peterborough
Sold STC £500,000
- Sought after village location
- Updated and maintained to a high standard
- Retains a wealth of character features - exposed beam, brickwork & inglenook fireplace
- Three bedrooms with en-suite to guest bedroom
- Dining room - Study - Breakfast kitchen
- Enclosed front garden - Gravel driveway - Garage
A beautifully presented Grade II Listed cottage, situated in a tucked away position in the sought after village of Castor, near to the village green. The property has been updated to a high standard by the current owners whilst retaining a wealth of character and original features including....
A beautifully presented Grade II Listed cottage, situated in a tucked away position in the sought after village of Castor, near to the village green. The property has been updated to a high standard by the current owners whilst retaining a wealth of character and original features including exposed beams and an inglenook fireplace. Clay Cottage briefly comprises of an entrance hall, sitting room, dining room, kitchen/breakfast room, study, three bedrooms and a family bathroom, the property also benefits from good sized front and rear gardens, a gravel driveway and a single garage.
The property is entered via a small entrance porch with door giving access to a spacious entrance hall with limestone tiled flooring, exposed brickwork and beams, stairs giving access to the first floor and doors to receptions rooms and kitchen. The kitchen situated at the front of the property has limestone flooring and is fitted with a range of base and wall units with oak doors and work surfaces over. The kitchen is also fitted with integrated appliances including dishwasher, fridge, freezer and Neff ovens and also has an access door to the garden.
The dining room sits to the rear of the kitchen at the back of the property and has parquet flooring and a feature brick built fireplace with window seats overlooking the rear and side gardens. The sitting room, also with parquet flooring, is dual aspect with windows overlooking the front and rear gardens, with access door to the rear garden, a large inglenook with bressumer beam, exposed stonework, wood burning stove, and door giving access to the rear lobby. The rear lobby with limestone tiled flooring, utility cupboard, door to the rear garden and doors to the study and garage. The study sits at the front of the property and has oak flooring and windows overlooking the front garden.
To the first floor, a galleried landing gives access to two good sized double bedrooms with the guest bedroom having an en-suite shower room, a third large single bedroom and a family bathroom re-fitted with a three piece suite and antique style shower over the bath.
5'4" x 2'8" (1.53m x 0.63m)
5' x 2'5" (1.52m x 0.62m)
20' x 8'10" (6.09m x 2.46m)
16'2" x 12'3" (4.88m x 3.66m)
An 'L' shaped room
Alcove 7'5" x 5' (2.14m x 1.52m)
Main sitting area 18' x 13' (5.48m x 3.96m into bay)
5' x 4'10" (1.52m x 1.24m)
12'10" x 5' (3.68m x 1.52m)
First floor part galleried landing
17'7" x 12'4" (5.20m x 3.66m)
13' x 10'8" (3.96m x 3.07m) (overall measurement)
8' x 6' (2.43m x 1.82m) (overall measurement)
10'10" x 7'6" (3.07m x 2.15m)
8'8" x 8' (2.46m x 2.43m)
The property is approached by a gravel driveway providing parking for several vehicles and leading to a single garage at the side of the property. There is a large mature flower bed, all enclosed by stone walling. The rear garden is of a good size and is mainly laid to lawn with a variety of shrubs and borders, mature trees, patio area and gated access to the side.
The Village of Castor is within easy reach of excellent local amenities including churches, two public houses, coffee shop and convenience store. The Cathedral City of Peterborough is approximately six miles away, which provides a comprehensive range of shopping facilities, together with the main line train station providing frequent high speed services into London Kings Cross. The Georgian town of Stamford is some ten miles away and offers a further range of amenities and is home to the well-known George Hotel. Both private and state education is well catered for in the area, with the renowned Castor CE primary school a short walk away. Private schools are situated nearby in Oundle, Oakham, Stamford and Uppingham. Sporting and leisure facilities (sailing, biking, walking and fishing) are to be found at nearby Ferry Meadows and Rutland Water, with golf courses at Peterborough, Burghley Park and Greetham
1. MONEY LAUNDERING REGULATIONS: Intending purchasers will be asked to produce identification documentation at a later stage and we would ask for your co-operation in order that there will be no delay in agreeing the sale.
2. General: While we endeavour to make our sales particulars fair, accurate and reliable, they are only a general guide to the property and, accordingly, if there is any point which is of particular importance to you, please contact the office and we will be pleased to check the position for you, especially if you are contemplating travelling some distance to view the property.
3. Measurements: These approximate room sizes are only intended as general guidance. You must verify the dimensions carefully before ordering carpets or any built-in furniture.
4. Services: Please note we have not tested the services or any of the equipment or appliances in this property, accordingly we strongly advise prospective buyers to commission their own survey or service reports before finalising their offer to purchase.
5. THESE PARTICULARS ARE ISSUED IN GOOD FAITH BUT DO NOT CONSTITUTE REPRESENTATIONS OF FACT OR FORM PART OF ANY OFFER OR CONTRACT. THE MATTERS REFERRED TO IN THESE PARTICULARS SHOULD BE INDEPENDENTLY VERIFIED BY PROSPECTIVE BUYERS OR TENANTS. NEITHER SHARMAN QUINNEY NOR ANY OF ITS EMPLOYEES OR AGENTS HAS ANY AUTHORITY TO MAKE OR GIVE ANY REPRESENTATION OR WARRANTY WHATEVER IN RELATION TO THIS PROPERTY.
More information from this agent
To view this media, please visit the on-line version of this page at www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-62368634.html?premiumA=true
Energy Performance Certificate (EPC) graphs
Map & Street View
Street View is unavailable in this location
Disclaimer - Property reference HUC101134. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Hurfords, Peterborough. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.