6 bedroom detached house for saleThe Street, Thornage, Norfolk
A substantial Grade II listed 6 bedroom property with wonderful southerly views, stables and paddocks and grounds of 5.8 acres (stms) close to Holt. Adjoining traditional barn with planning for conversion and separate self contained 2 bedroom annex.
- Large kitchen/breakfast/family room with wonderful views
- Second kitchen
- 2 studys
- 2 reception rooms
- Utility/boot room/boiler room
- 2 cloakrooms
- 5 bedrooms
- Master bedroom en suite with dressing room
- Kitchen/family room
- Main bedroom (en suite)
- Double bedroom
- Family shower room
- Private garden
- Far reaching rural views
- Traditional barn with full planning
- Traditional stables & tack room
- 6 bay open fronted cart shed
- Orchard of mixed fruit trees
- Walled courtyard garden
- Paddocks and field shelter in all about 5.8 acres (stms)
Driving Distances (approx.)
- Holt 2.5 miles
- Blakeney 6 miles
- Norwich 24 miles
Thornage is in north Norfolk, situated just south west of the picturesque town of Holt and roughly 6 miles from the coastal villages of Blakeney and Cley next the Sea. Surrounding the village are water meadows and areas of woodland and a maze of intriguing quiet lanes waiting to be discovered. The nearby Georgian market town of Holt is renowned for its attractive street frontages and for its wide and eclectic range of independent shops. As well as Bakers and Larners – an exceptional privately owned department store, there are boutiques, cafes and bars, doctors’ surgery, dentist, bank and post office. Holt is also home to Gresham’s pre-prep, prep and senior schools, founded in 1555. Access to the coast is only 6 miles to the north at the old ports of Cley and, a little further along, Blakeney. These are Areas of Outstanding Natural Beauty (AONBs) with one of the best bird reserves in Europe and a wide variety of other leisure pursuits available such as sailing, seal watching, golf and walking along the Norfolk Coast path. There are saltmarshes, long sandy beaches at low tides, creeks and the quintessential north Norfolk wide, open skies.
Lambert House is a substantial property, with very flexible accommodation converted over time from a farmhouse and range of traditional barns overlooking wonderful far reaching southerly views across the post and railed paddocks. . The front door leads into a generous entrance hallway with storage for coats etc. Door leading into the main hall, southerly facing, with exposed beams, oak staircase and pamment flooring. Large open family living/kitchen with painted wooden units, Parana pine worktops, range cooker, pamment and maple boarded flooring. South facing seating area, open bricked fireplace with oil fired wood burner, exposed beams, window seat by panoramic window overlooking the fields and southerly views. This is a wonderful family living space filled with natural light and double aspect with doors and windows overlooking the walled courtyard. Door to back boot room, utility and boiler room with access to back door.
Off the main hallway is a study with oak flooring and book shelves. Beyond the oak staircase steps lead down to the sitting room, a comfortable light south facing room with inglenook open fireplace and French doors leading to the courtyard. There is another study which leads to the west end of the property, this can be used as a separate living space with its own kitchen, sitting room, WC and stairs leading up to 3 bedrooms and a family shower room. (There is a small secret door leading into the main part of the house).
Returning to the main hallway, an oak staircase leads up to the south facing master bedroom with exposed beams, dressing room and en suite bathroom, there are 2 further bedrooms with dressing rooms, a family shower room and separate WC.
Stiffs Cottage sits across from the main house to the east with its own private garden. This 2 bedroom barn conversion has an open kitchen/family room with fitted wooden units, integrated oven and hob. The living area features French doors to the garden, brick fireplace with wood burner, pamment and carpet flooring. Off the main hallway is a double bedroom with en suite bathroom a further single bedroom and family shower room.
The property is approached over a gravel parking area with main entrances to both properties on either side. Iroko hardwood fencing and double gates lead through to the 6 bay open cart shed, further parking area and access to the post and railed paddocks, with a field shelter and water troughs. There is an orchard with a variety of fruit trees as well as a pond. The back of the main house leads out to a walled courtyard area with an old traditional brick and flint barn adjoining the house on the west end, this barn has full planning (in perpetuity) to convert into a 3 bedroom property. With the 3 traditional stables complete with original features and tack room on the other side of the courtyard this whole area faces southwards and feels very Mediterranean.
Directions NR25 7QF
From Holt take the third exit at the roundabout junction with the A148 and B1149 onto the B1110 Thornage road follow this road for approximately 2.5 miles into the village of Thornage and the property entrance can be found on the left hand side opposite the road to Letheringsett.
North Norfolk District Council Band: F and Band: B, Annual Cost: £2252.10 and £1212.67
Mains water and electricity, Oil fired central heating, night storage in Stiffs Cottage, Private drainage.
Fixtures and Fittings
Items regarded as fixtures and fittings including carpets, curtains, light fittings, kitchen appliances and garden ornaments are excluded although these items may be available by separate negotiation.
1. These particulars have been prepared in good faith as a general guide, they are not exhaustive and include information provided to us by other parties including the seller, not all of which will have been verified by us.
2. We have not carried out a detailed or structural survey; we have not tested any services, appliances or fittings. Measurements, floor plans, orientation and distances are given as approximate only and should not be relied on.
3. The photographs are not necessarily comprehensive or current, aspects may have changed since the photographs were taken. No assumption should be made that any contents are included in the sale.
4. We have not checked that the property has all necessary planning, building regulation approval, statutory or regulatory permissions or consents. Any reference to any alterations or use of any part of the property does not mean that necessary planning, building regulations, or other consent has been obtained.
5. Prospective purchasers should satisfy themselves by inspection, searches, enquiries, surveys, and professional advice about all relevant aspects of the property.
6. These particulars do not form part of any offer or contract and must not be relied upon as statements or representations of fact; we have no authority to make or give any representation or warranties in relation to the property. If these are required, you should include their terms in any contract between you and the seller.
7. Viewings are strictly by prior appointment with sole agents Jackson-Stops. If there is any point which is of particular importance to you, we invite you to discuss this with us, especially before you travel to view the property.
More information from this agent
To view this media, please visit the on-line version of this page at www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-62407655.html?premiumA=true
Map & Street View
Street View is unavailable in this location
Disclaimer - Property reference BUM150170. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Jackson-Stops, Burnham Market. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
* The speed displayed is the maximum broadband speed package available on comparethemarket.com. These may be lower at peak times and can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed you receive where you live may be lower than that listed above. Fibre/cable services at your postcode are subject to availability. You can confirm availability on the provider's website. The information is provided and maintained by Decision Technologies Limited.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.